Balance point

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, all good info.  At the moment I am leaning towards a Browning or MK game gun. 
Fair enough but per your opening post, do bear in mind that barrel heavy and balance forward of the hinge are not the same thing.

I used to own an MK60 and it's a very responsive and agile gun, especially in comparison with other MKs and Brownings of similar vintage, because the fixed choke barrels are very light. But in the end I realised that although it was deadly on close fast targets, as I migrated to shooting maintained lead, the very light barrels compromised stability. At that time all the contemporary Browning sporters felt clublike and they all, along with the MKs, had pretty dire trigger pulls so I moved to Beretta - twice in fact - and subsequently CG.

I very much recommend watching Lloyd's review of the Summit. A lot more competitions are won with CGs than with Browning field guns.

Westward  -  Thanks for the advice and I agree the MK60 is very agile. I'll look at the reviews and also the CG. 

Well my gold Rolex is staying on my wrist... people have got to know that whilst I am a sh*te shot I have moochos capoochos  😂  seriously though I have a quite heavy wrist watch I wear from time to time and then a Titanium watch which I wear sometimes... but any crap rounds from now on are going to be blamed on my choice of wrist watch that day 😄
Good move.  A ready stash of indisputable excuses is essential in anyone's kit.

My titanium Breitling stays in the gun safe these days - it might be a beautiful object but sadly a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier is functionally more useful and importantly, lighter, and most likely not offended by the mechanical shock of shooting... 

My MK60 feels light in the front and very easy to swing or flow if you understand my meaning. I tried  a MK70 sporter and a B525 and they felt like I was having to 'heave' the barrels around, no fluidity at all.

I want to try a Barreta if I can find one to nearly fit me. I usually see far too much rib on them.

Once my certificate is back, change of address, I will have to explore Italian made guns and a B725.
Totally agree with you on the B525.  Tried one once and couldn't get on with it.  Love my B725 though - its a totally different animal!  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back