New gun time - here we go!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can see a time when I will trade the MK60. 

It is my first gun and very pretty and it fits me.  Already part of the family.

Also the next gun might not be as good and I might then miss the MK60.
Never sell a gun you love for avoidable reasons such as choke etc.

Just buy another and when you decide you don't like it sell that  :D

Just realised I said "can see a time when I will trade the MK60"

I meant I will Not sell the MK60 for reasons schmokinn says above.

Very tempted by the new B525 but lets see whether it fits me

Can see a time when I will trade the MK60. 

It is my first gun and very pretty and it fits me.  Already part of the family.

Also the next gun might not be as good and I might then miss the MK60.
If it fits you well it's worth a lot and a keeper, 1/4 & 3/4 is a very versatile combination, there's not much difference between 1/2 & 3/4 choke anyway. I shoot mostly 1/2 & 3/4 and do fine! 

If someone tells you that you have too many guns, quit listening to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Tony had his chokes done by Nigel nearly 20 years ago and still going well.  I always deal with Joshi and get excellent service.

Found my new gun

After loads of research, shouldering and trying guns I have found the one that feels right for me.  Today I looked at MK70 Sporter 30", Beretta Silver Pigeon Game 30", MK70 28" and a Browning 725 Hunter 28".

The one that felt most natural for me and had that easy fluid swing I was looking for was the B725 Hunter 28".  I popped over to West Kent and it felt very similar to my MK60 30" but even more natural to mount and swing.  I shot various presentations with 1/4 and 1/2 chokes and played with my mount a tad. To say I was impressed is probably an under statement. 

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, much appreciated.  

Tell you what run a poll and i bet you the answer comes back as BS then you won't need to rely on my "guru like expertise" 

Fact is that i know a lot of people that have had work done by Teague and that use Teague chokes not one is unhappy.

I have spoken to them on occasion in the past and they have been nothing but helpful and many people say the same....so we can see that if you have a problem you likely are the problem!
Well, here is one.  I had some extended Teague chokes for my Beretta 391 auto, after every 8/10 shots I had to re-tighten them, they just kept backing off. I switched to Briley and problem solved. Although I never patterned them (I do not 'do' pattern plates), I always felt that the Briley patterned better, with my usual cartridges. 

Back