New gun time - here we go!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who do aftermarket choke tubes are the Spawn of Satan!  Please do not mutilate a perfectly fine gun with that evil.  If you can afford it get another gun like you think you want.  If you can't afford it flip the one you have and get what you think you want.  Mutilated guns lose value and market segment.  You will have something far more difficult to sell when it comes to that, and it will, so consider the mutilation doubly costly.

JMO of course, but I would never have a gun that was compromised or buy one no matter who did it.

People who do aftermarket choke tubes are the Spawn of Satan!  Please do not mutilate a perfectly fine gun with that evil.  If you can afford it get another gun like you think you want.  If you can't afford it flip the one you have and get what you think you want.  Mutilated guns lose value and market segment.  You will have something far more difficult to sell when it comes to that, and it will, so consider the mutilation doubly costly.

JMO of course, but I would never have a gun that was compromised or buy one no matter who did it.
Tend to agree, leave the gun alone. IMO 1/4 and 3/4 is an excellent combination for an all round gun. You can always use different cartridges to give you a different spread with the chokes you have.

From personal experience I’ve had fixed choke guns converted to multi choke and regretted it. Never seemed to pattern the same.

Good suggestion from Martyn, are there any other multi choke converters, Teague are horrendously expensive and I haven’t heard anything good about them
Cheaper than Briley and you must be severely deaf!!

I know three people who said it’s expensive and slow and communication is poor..

Do guns have to be reproofed if changed to multi?
I had mine opened out and it was back inside a week so there was no need for "poor communication" which is total BS...apparently Josh is the epitome of customer service!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm slightly biased because I know both Josh and Ivan and have had personal dealings with Nigel Teague on a number of occasions over the years. Nigel, who happens to be a precision engineer, trained by Rolls Royce, still does gun fitting and some smithing and I plan to get some work done by him later this year.

IMO you won't better service or a better conversion or better performance from any other provider anywhere and whilst cost is a factor, it's minimal compared with how much most of us spend on shells and equipment.

Having an MK60 "Teagued" will not reduce it's value, probably increase it in reality.

Have had two guns Teagued would highly recommend them would add it was done to restore choke as I like to shoot half choke both barrels.

There are some compelling arguments both ways. The MK60 fits me like a glove straight out of the box. But... do I want to mess with it? That is the question.

Also - if I did buy another gun would I find one that fits as well.  Looking a caste and drop data on a number of guns they are all different numbers to the MK60 but may well feel right when shouldered.  I shouldered a co-shooters MK38 trap on Sunday and that was decidedly weird for me as was a Beretta 686 and 692. [both sporting I think].  I shot the 686 but had to fit me to the gun rather than the other way around!

I then shouldered a Webley & Scott 1012 and that felt really good even though it is a budget gun.

I think I need to go to a gun shop and look a few, if I buy another gun I will be keeping the MK60, one of my sons says I have to leave it to him in my will! 

I plan to ring Teague later this week, but I have one question I would like to get an answer to -  when comparing Teague and Briley chokes like for like designation; do they pattern the same or is one make tighter than the other.  I hear comments that Briley are esentiall at least a half choke size tighter but I don't know if that is a fact. Anyone here know? 

Just a thought here but the MK70 is identical to the MK60 apart from having multichokes. The fit is the same but not the balance because invector barrels are nose heavy compared to the fixed choke MK60 barrels.

Just a thought here but the MK70 is identical to the MK60 apart from having multichokes. The fit is the same but not the balance because invector barrels are nose heavy compared to the fixed choke MK60 barrels.
That is interesting.  THe MK70 sounds like a logical next gun.  Sod's law I'm in Tunbrudge Wells tomorrow but Potters are closed on a Wednesday. B%gger.

Cheaper than Briley and you must be severely deaf!!

I had mine opened out and it was back inside a week so there was no need for "poor communication" which is total BS...apparently Josh is the epitome of customer service!
Sorry to upset the fan club, just because you don’t like it and it doesn’t match your guru like expertise doesn’t means it’s BS

I plan to ring Teague later this week, but I have one question I would like to get an answer to -  when comparing Teague and Briley chokes like for like designation; do they pattern the same or is one make tighter than the other.  I hear comments that Briley are esentiall at least a half choke size tighter but I don't know if that is a fact. Anyone here know? 
If you get a Teague conversion , the choke will be precisely matched to the actual measured bore of your gun , so whatever that measurement is , you will for example get , measurement - 10 thou for the Quarter Choke, and measurement less 20 thou for the half .  The chokes will be laser etched with your gun’s serial number. Don’t confuse the custom thin wall system with buying an off the shelf Teague  branded or Briley  Brsnded replacement choke for any of the factory multichoke barrels .  Aftermarket replacements will always be a compramise as they are made to suit the nominal bore of a gun barrel  , and this will vary  by a few though  plus or minus from batch to batch . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to upset the fan club, just because you don’t like it and it doesn’t match your guru like expertise doesn’t means it’s BS
Tell you what run a poll and i bet you the answer comes back as BS then you won't need to rely on my "guru like expertise" 

Fact is that i know a lot of people that have had work done by Teague and that use Teague chokes not one is unhappy.

I have spoken to them on occasion in the past and they have been nothing but helpful and many people say the same....so we can see that if you have a problem you likely are the problem!

Tell you what run a poll and i bet you the answer comes back as BS then you won't need to rely on my "guru like expertise" 

Fact is that i know a lot of people that have had work done by Teague and that use Teague chokes not one is unhappy.

I have spoken to them on occasion in the past and they have been nothing but helpful and many people say the same....so we can see that if you have a problem you likely are the problem!
Not me tha had the problem, just people outside tha fan club 

Not me tha had the problem, just people outside tha fan club 
You obviously have a problem apart from the fact that the t on your keyboard doesn't work,i guess they are the same 3 people that someone in another thread years ago mentioned without substantiation and someone else will mention in the future the same,not really friends if you have any.

So you have no direct experience of them but are still happy to slag them off!

Keyboard warrior with a hidden identity nothing new....bit sad really.

Nevermind i am sure you get off on it somehow.

Now when i contacted Potters about having some barrels machined for a set of chokes i already had they quoted me 350 does anybody have a recent price from them?

Having an MK60 "Teagued" will not reduce it's value, probably increase it in reality.
I can only speak for the market here.  Aftermarket tubed guns sell for less than a comparable condition non-mutilated examples.  They also seem to occupy the for sale areas for a longer period of time tho I've no hard data for that.  For example, older factory original Perazzis bring a premium and are sought after - modified guns markedly less so, with reflective prices.

But, it's your gun and your money.  If you want a screwed up gun I'm sure that you could find one that someone else has already taken the hit on the mod prices and going for less than the gun was originally worth.

I think I have probably made up my mind:

Keep the MK60 and leave it as is.

Buy another gun with multi choke -  probably a B525/B725 or a MK38/MK70. 

I will look at the above guns as soon as possible and then try the preferred model.

You obviously have a problem apart from the fact that the t on your keyboard doesn't work,i guess they are the same 3 people that someone in another thread years ago mentioned without substantiation and someone else will mention in the future the same,not really friends if you have any.

So you have no direct experience of them but are still happy to slag them off!

Keyboard warrior with a hidden identity nothing new....bit sad really.

Nevermind i am sure you get off on it somehow.

Now when i contacted Potters about having some barrels machined for a set of chokes i already had they quoted me 350 does anybody have a recent price from them?
Where have I slagged them off? Just a different view to that of the (most likely sponsored) fan club from people who have been disappointed.  sorry to have upset you and your little sponsored groupie status

Now f*** off and bother someone else

Where have I slagged them off? Just a different view to that of the (most likely sponsored) fan club from people who have been disappointed.  sorry to have upset you and your little sponsored groupie status

Now f*** off and bother someone else
I won't drop to your level and i am going nowhere so live with it,not sponsored by anyone and your constant use of "fan club" is at the best laughable.

"Teague are horrendously expensive and I haven’t heard anything good about them" seems like slagging off to me...call it slating if that makes you happier 😀

I think I have probably made up my mind:

Keep the MK60 and leave it as is.

Buy another gun with multi choke -  probably a B525/B725 or a MK38/MK70. 

I will look at the above guns as soon as possible and then try the preferred model.
In my mind the best option is as you say keep the MK60 as it, if need be trade it in for a factory fitted multi choke l love my Browning 725 mk2 the chokes are superb.

In my mind the best option is as you say keep the MK60 as it, if need be trade it in for a factory fitted multi choke l love my Browning 725 mk2 the chokes are superb.
Can see a time when I will trade the MK60. 

It is my first gun and very pretty and it fits me.  Already part of the family.

Also the next gun might not be as good and I might then miss the MK60.

Back