Looking at miroku.eu they seem to have quietly dropped fixed choke guns.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7iain7

Looking at miroku.eu they seem to have quietly dropped fixed choke guns.

I wondering if this is in anticipation of steel shoot?

Even the MK60 now has multi chokes but doesn't seem to be back bored.

The Mk38 trap fixed choke was well known for its good handling probably in part because of the fixed chokes.

Not too sure this is the case, particularly as there’s no timetable or even guarantee steel shot will universally replace lead. It doesn’t work when it comes to trap shooting anyway.

Gun shops certainly seem to have plenty of new fixed choke guns on their racks although, for me there’s no doubt a properly balanced multi choke barrel’s a better bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they are just catching up with the rest of the industry. 

Looks to be accurate, miroku website shows no fixed choke guns at all and gun trader is showing some new multi choked trap guns for sale. Looks like the fc guns on gun trader may be old stock getting used up.

I’ve just been looking at the new MK11 game gun ( apparently the sporter is a couple of years away ) . Side by side with my Teague converted 38 trap , the muzzles of the MK11 look like a blunderbuss . It has standard long Invector chokes .  

Note , Having said that the Mk11 is one of the nicest things I’ve seen in a long while and one of best feeling ( 30” gun looked at )  . Unfortunately because of their rarity getting to shoot a demo is out of the question .. 

I’m not saying I really want one , but does anyone want to buy a kidney ? 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Back