Mel Sykes in the Sunday Express today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up north we call it a bit of slap and tickle :wink:

Treat em mean keep em keen

Don't really know what all the fuss is about.......mind you she should have gone for a northern lad....he would have been used to it..... it is only foreplay :laugh:

Soft southern pussie....... try giving birth :nurse: :hyper: :frantics:

Best thing is to remove all painful objects like pans and rolling pins.........make sure you have a clear runway to both front and back doors......and then run like hell if she gets a bit tetchy.....then stay in the pub until the coast is clear to return.....then finish of the night with a bit of rumpeypumpey......

....just saying !!

Ah hahahahahaha
I think you will find that it is called domestic violence whether you are from the north or the south... I've never been on the end of it but pretty certain those that have don't find it particularly funny.... Just saying.

Having been on the receiving end of what you call a bit of slap and tickle for a few years it is no joke.....

Great post from Nicola made me really chuckle :haha:   but whilst I feel your pain Hankbomb why on gods earth have you put up with it for years :fie:   there's an old saying where I come from "there's the door" "use it" :nyam:   
Past tense.....I used the door a long time ago.....

Heavy stuff, makes you think. I suffered years of mental and phsycolologica abuse from first Mrs nutter so kind of get your point. Women can be very abusive in certain ways.

Heavy stuff, makes you think. I suffered years of mental and phsycolologica abuse from first Mrs nutter so kind of get your point. Women can be very abusive in certain ways.
Did she then Blame it all on you?, then told everyone she knew it was all your fault, etc etc....been there Ips, had a Mrs. Nutter myself once....briefly... got the teshirt and everything!..., luckily, my now 'Proper' wife is an absolute diamond, been married to her for years!

I think you will find that it is called domestic violence whether you are from the north or the south... I've never been on the end of it but pretty certain those that have don't find it particularly funny.... Just saying.
Ah hahaha

Just wondering what those posters on the last 11 pages, who seemed to think that it was a great idea to get future publicity for shooting.........think now.

Do you like the publicity coming now.?

I really do hope that she keeps her licence and this goes quiet.....because it is not good for shooting.

If this had been a man or a young man, who was just ordinary and not any form of celeb (even a D rated one)......they most probably will have already had their guns removed.

Celebs are not who we should be tying our hopes to....they have volatile lives sometimes......if people want to fly a flag and encourage shooters to go to the Olympics......then pick people who are committed and have worked hard in the sport to get into the GB team. At least then you are sponsoring someone who really means it......needs it.....and has a chance.

Time to offer someone else a Zoli me thinks.........but would the real contenders want it. ?

If this had been a man or a young man, who was just ordinary and not any form of celeb (even a D rated one)......they most probably will have already had their guns removed.
Of that there is no doubt, but as you say lets hope it stays quiet.

Just wondering what those posters on the last 11 pages, who seemed to think that it was a great idea to get future publicity for shooting.........think now.

Do you like the publicity coming now.?
Wow you must have Forsight that is akin to a Jedi......................

I for one didn't see her getting arrested for domestic violence.

Even without the benefits of hindsight of this unseemly domestic, if we're all being completely honest, there was always something vaguely, "Well, the chances of her ever shooting for Team GB at any Olympics are as remote as finding a Chinese chef with a naturally ginger afro", about Mel.

The real tragicomedy came from some of the alleged shooting 'royalty' cringing and fawning all over her - even though they themselves knew she had Buckley's chance of being anything other than a cheap PR stunt for everyone involved.

John F Kennedy once mooted that "victory has a thousand fathers... and failure is an orphan". Wonder whether any of her former father mentors (no doubt now trying rapidly to distance themselves from this débâcle ) might now come to her aid...? Or shall we, as I suspect, just see tumbleweed? 

Or as my good friend, Dougie Aspden, reminded me earlier today: "I can see a size 6 gamebore skeet vest on ebay very soon"

Ditto, one made-to-measure Zoli trap gun on Guntrader.

I guess we live and learn.

so a celeb has gone a bit off on one! so what? there are plenty of celebs around who may be interested in the future are we going to label them all as BAD ??

gawd save us from self righteous  ITOLD YOU SO ,s!!!!!!!
Got nothing to do with being self-righteous, and everything to do with the laws of probability. 

To be fair, I think this entire débâcle is a salutary tale about to whom you pin your [shooting] hopes... when you knew in advance that there never was any genuine or realistic hope there in the first place.

By way of illustration, picture the scene - [Mel's hypothetical shooting coach]: "Right, Mel, we're going out today, and every day for the next three years, to shoot 300 clays per day in order at least to try and attempt to get you up to anything resembling the required standard to represent your country... how does that fit in with your mogulling, commercials and afternoon TV schedule?"

Regardless of how much they might have wished her well (and nothing wrong with that), or seen it as "good for the sport", everyone on these boards [and the wider clay shooting community] knew the latter was the case. It's like asking carpenter to moonlight as a brain surgeon - they haven't, in all practical reality, got the skills as it's not their day job.

Back