ips tries to shoot esp

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds about right Hamid, I think it may have been a cunningly deceptive target not as fast or as crossing as it looked. Whatever it was it was a little begger to hit ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like a right hander on peg 5  :mellow:  not really a crosser is it !

Spose not. Have to say you look stunning today dave

Finding that Avatar very distracting I must say. 

I bet he gets lots of visits to his contact page to get a larger view!

i did  :rolleyes:

DT

Finding that Avatar very distracting I must say. 

I bet he gets lots of visits to his contact page to get a larger view!

i did  :rolleyes:

DT
you would, I can assure you she (davinia that is) is not that stunning in real life.

I might be duffing you up after all Ips.
its early days yet Sian, could be beginners luck

IPS

as I said earlier:

I believe I see lead in real distance. If I see three feet then it's three feet, mainly because I tend to move the gun at a similar speed to the clay when I pull the trigger. However, because a gun fires a little bit after your brain says "now", then this can affect what you see. If you are slowing or stopping the gun, then three feet may need to look like more, even 5 feet. If you are swinging through quickly, then 3 feet may only look like 1 foot, as the extra 2 feet get added in after you go to pull the trigger. 

agree with all that will, you and I and others have said before that we all percieve the shot differently also as an old time trappie I don't measure lead I use gun speed to impart it. I will continue to play about with things. Seems to me that you need about three methods in your tool box and selecting the right one for each target is critical. Of course none of this matters as I am not taking it seriously...... Yet ?

had the great pleasure of meeting Mr Westley in person (who I can assure everyone is a true gentleman) today at his local ground we shot AT 50 esp targets and although the wind made many targets very testing I enjoyed the shoot immensley and felt that with keiths help I learned a little more about how to shoot different targets.

thanks for an enjoyable morning my friend it was really nice to shoot with you.

ian

Coming from trap ips I'd say the hardest thing you will have to over come is been brave enough to hold your gun well out from the trap on certain targets........ it's very addictive this sporting most important have fun 

cheers Gavin

I think there are many things to learn as there are aspects that are totally different to trap, all good fun though and I can only improve ?

question

how long are you allowed before you call for the target, what is considered to long / bad etiquette.

question

how long are you allowed before you call for the target, what is considered to long / bad etiquette.
I do not think that is in sporting rules Ian.....someone correct me if i am wrong

oh that's refreshing. Not that I take that long as you know Dave, was just curious.

watching that world champ video it seems that whilst waiting for your go it is the done thing to point at tuther blokes target, don't think I will take that up.

I once shot at Worsley it was a high bird and the stand had a high bar as i put the gun up a shell fell out ! shot the targets with a bang and click .......kill loss that was a bummer ref said your fault !  he did see it fall out before i called for a bird.

that was not very sporting of him :rolleyes:

It is 10 seconds in FITASC.
ips is a long way off shooting that :lol:

do not give him ideas :lol:

oh that's refreshing. Not that I take that long as you know Dave, was just curious.

watching that world champ video it seems that whilst waiting for your go it is the done thing to point at tuther blokes target, don't think I will take that up.
I do it as it gives me a picture of the line i need to be on 

not that it helps that much 

pair missed .......

ips is a long way off shooting that :lol:

do not give him ideas :lol:
Let me update this - 10 seconds is for Compak, for Sporting is 20 seconds - that should do

Let me update this - 10 seconds is for Compak, for Sporting is 20 seconds - that should do
I will take your word for it............i cannot be arsed to check !

Back