ICTSF World Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread about the ICTSF World Sporting Championship on shotgunworld.com.

Guess who owns the intellectual property rights to the title 'World English Sporting' ?

Jeremy , 

You have only been shooting for four years , and you have spent a considerable amount of money enjoying yourself .

Do you not think that a National representative organisation should have some competence to organise a World class event after over 60 years experience?

This was not a World class event and actually was an embarrassment.
Yes I do. 

I think there were some odd decisions made reference stands and overall targets shot but I do not feel the shoot any better or worse than lets say the English this year. 

The weather changed half way through the shoot, to the point the teal on layout three was fierce when I started shooting layout three landing unseen, by the end of the layout I was shooting it on the drop as it landed by the trap that sent it. 

To accuse the organisation and course setters of moving traps is crazy.

I would say mistakes were made but no one is perfect. We make mistakes here and we have been in business 56 years. 

No one person or organisation is perfect. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it, at least I know how to shoot quartering targets now with all that practice!

Jeremy ,

Obviously you thought it was an okay event?

Perhaps people are forgetting it was supposed to be a World Class event ?

Because they interfered with the traps and scoring between Thursday / Friday they eliminated people who had qualified on Thursday / Friday .

Yes the targets and flightline were different on different days and it wasn't due to weather.

This event was not suddenly organised in a week or two , so where were the Trade sponsors and services from the shooting industry befitting of a World Championship?

Where were the cartridge sales , Gun manufacturers etc. etc. 

The whole event was a fiasco and an embarrassment to British Shooters , to say it was okay and no different from any other weekend shoot is total rubbish, but cost considerably more than £130 for two hundred targets. Most of us only pay £70 to £90 for 200.

Essex, Guns, sales,a schuttle back from the end of the course, Gamebore,free water, real depth to the prize structure,200 birds,£80 quid no bad words.

Jeremy ,

Obviously you thought it was an okay event?

Perhaps people are forgetting it was supposed to be a World Class event ?

Because they interfered with the traps and scoring between Thursday / Friday they eliminated people who had qualified on Thursday / Friday .

Yes the targets and flightline were different on different days and it wasn't due to weather.

This event was not suddenly organised in a week or two , so where were the Trade sponsors and services from the shooting industry befitting of a World Championship?

Where were the cartridge sales , Gun manufacturers etc. etc. 

The whole event was a fiasco and an embarrassment to British Shooters , to say it was okay and no different from any other weekend shoot is total rubbish, but cost considerably more than £130 for two hundred targets. Most of us only pay £70 to £90 for 200.
Peter, I thought the event was ok. 

Not Great not awful. 

Can you prove traps were interfered with or moved? I would be careful of that assumption without proof. 

Were you there?

I saw Eley on site selling cartridges. They were the headline sponsor I would imagine they limited other cartridge suppliers on the ground (I would if it were my business) 

It was £127 for the main event which although expensive not unheard of. 

I am not here to defend the shoot but constant bashing from inside the UK helps undermine rather than come up with solutions. 

Jeremy ,

It isn't constant bashing its factual complaints from many , absolutely sick to the back teeth at receiving poor service and value .

Were you in Hungary ? Was that event similar in every way to Kelmarsh?

Jeremy ,

It isn't constant bashing its factual complaints from many , absolutely sick to the back teeth at receiving poor service and value .

Were you in Hungary ? Was that event similar in every way to Kelmarsh?
Hi Peter, 

Yes I was and no it wasn't. 

Kelmarsh will soon be forgotten, little will change. 

Organisations within shooting are not perfect.

FITASC certainly isn't and the CPSA is no different. 

We are in the main hobby shooters with an organisation that fits that purpose. 

We will never be professional here as the money in the UK does not currently exist to make the move from amateur to professional. 

Jeremy ,

A very good and true reply , BUT.

Clive Bramley has been slated for dreadful targets at Kelmarsh, but as many have said , it was no different than a day at Doveridge where many of the targets are edge on quartering or slicing away . But as a Doveridge shooter I was not too perturbed at that , what I am disappointed about is that it was a World status event , with plenty of prior planning notice, but few trade stands , awful hospitality and generally a feel of disorganisation at a higher cost than normal .

You rightly point out that the majority of us are hobby shooters , but do you not think that people who are employed to provide an event or a service should display a professional attitude and aptitude?

Not wishing to blame only the CPSA or Clive Bramley only, The Beretta World's this year was dreadful .

There seems to be a trend to give an event a World tag and then take the competitors for a poor service expensive ride .

Maybe British Rail should run Clayshooting? :smile:

Jeremy ,

A very good and true reply , BUT.

Clive Bramley has been slated for dreadful targets at Kelmarsh, but as many have said , it was no different than a day at Doveridge where many of the targets are edge on quartering or slicing away . But as a Doveridge shooter I was not too perturbed at that , what I am disappointed about is that it was a World status event , with plenty of prior planning notice, but few trade stands , awful hospitality and generally a feel of disorganisation at a higher cost than normal .

You rightly point out that the majority of us are hobby shooters , but do you not think that people who are employed to provide an event or a service should display a professional attitude and aptitude?

Not wishing to blame only the CPSA or Clive Bramley only The Beretta World's this year was dreadful .

There seems to be a trend to give an event a World tag and then take the competitors for a poor service expensive ride .

Maybe British Rail should run Clayshooting? :smile:
Hi Peter

Doveridge isn't somewhere I would return to shoot registered Sporting as I don't enjoy the targets there. 

No disrespect to Clive in anyway though the ground is always busy and plenty enter the shoots there. 

As you say there is a general trend towards lower key events which is a shame.

The English didn't feel like an 'event' to me but I have been spoiled by Dubai and World Fitasc Events. 

Its a shame as the French seem to have the grounds that put on big events but they have a financial supporter that funds that growth, currently something I don't see us close to achieving. 

I may seem laissez faire in attitude but I have my day job that earns me cash to continue my hobby so I have to give that my full focus. 

Hi Peter

Doveridge isn't somewhere I would return to shoot registered Sporting as I don't enjoy the targets there. 

No disrespect to Clive in anyway though the ground is always busy and plenty enter the shoots there. 

As you say there is a general trend towards lower key events which is a shame.

The English didn't feel like an 'event' to me but I have been spoiled by Dubai and World Fitasc Events. 

Its a shame as the French seem to have the grounds that put on big events but they have a financial supporter that funds that growth, currently something I don't see us close to achieving. 

I may seem laissez faire in attitude but I have my day job that earns me cash to continue my hobby so I have to give that my full focus. 
CPSA have the money in the bank but fail to understand you have to effectively speculate to accumulate,there is no financial reason for not making events bigger and better if done right you will get a return on the money spent.

If they carry on in ever decreasing circles there will be nothing left to salvage.

CPSA have the money in the bank but fail to understand you have to effectively speculate to accumulate,there is no financial reason for not making events bigger and better if done right you will get a return on the money spent.

If they carry on in ever decreasing circles there will be nothing left to salvage.
How much money do you perceive to be in the bank?

There are good assets but two of the last five years there has been a loss. 

Essex, Guns, sales,a schuttle back from the end of the course, Gamebore,free water, real depth to the prize structure,200 birds,£80 quid no bad words.
Thats coz the ONLY WAY is Essex !!!

Often copied BUT never beaten, we know how to run decent shoots !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much money do you perceive to be in the bank?

There are good assets but two of the last five years there has been a loss. 
Approximately 650,000 give or take a few pennies depends how much they have wasted...why how much do you think there is?

Free cash reserves as of the 30th november 2016 543,622 up 20,000 on the previous year.

And as regards a loss no surprise with those 2 clowns running it into the ground!

Back