ICTSF World Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot the red,was outclassed and finished on 61, heard Digweed was 87, found it very firm,

Todays scores are on CPSA website

Looking very low for all but the gods

I shot blue today and finished on 80 which I felt was 5 light for me but I was still happy after looking at the scores!

Red looks a tad easier by the scores but we'll see tomorrow!

Mate of mine shot the blue course and sportrap today. His review was the blue was overly tough and sportrap was a shambles, wrong birds being sent, refs asking shooters if they hit it, alsorts of calamities. Out of his squad of 6, he expects at least 4 of them not to come back tomorrow as they were so down beaten by the targets.

It's rare to hear RF say a stand was too tough and hint the rest wasn't much nicer. There are only two hard jobs with course setting; getting variety (not that hard) and getting the course difficulty balance correct. Any tw*t in a hat can set an overly hard course. It is selfish and requires no ability. 

My view on what i have seen,

The 20% of targets i get (only been in B a month)80% of losses on poplated 80% of the course.

The STr looks berserk and the pool at that end must have a massive prize.

The Cpsa pool is more like it for the lesser shooters all fair with one real test to sort out the money lads,

I think i saw Carl Bloxham finish on a 65 when i looked at scores

Just feels like the whole shoot was solely geared to get a champ.

If it were on next year i would spend my money elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading between the lines i am REALLY glad i took the option a few weeks back to have my three figure entry fee back to spend on other things and not bothering to shoot it.

Suspect we will see people not return for day 2 or even some not bother to show over the weekend at all if its that extreme. I will be walking the course with my wife and her old boss (who are still entered) over the weekend so will see what the course is like but ex world champions (who broke a 100 not many weeks ago) shooting in the 60's and 36 people (around 10% of entry) who shot it yesterday could not score over 50%. In fact a quarter of yesterday's entry scored 60% or less...... that is ridiculous.

I get the feeling i will have a more enjoyable day walking the dogs round some nice parkland / woodland that ordinarily you do not get the opportunity to than a lot of the competitors will........

I accept that it carries the "world" title of a championship but no need to go over board. 

On a more positive note it's great to see the CPSA pushing the social media side. It helps build excitement for the shoot. Although this is vastly outweighed by the negative comments.

Its a shame going in to the weekend knowning that you're going to get a kicking; especially after paying £130 or whatever to enter it. 

I'm guessing there won't be any refunds for the targets that we won't be shooting on the blue course now the stand has been removed? 

And now this ...beyond belief?   Of course not the CPSA are involved!

I have never heard of such poor preparation and this a WORLD championship....no wonder the rest of the world doesn't bother coming!!

The adverse weather is the wind blowing the wrong way apparently....who would have thought weather could change!

a1.jpg

Scores wise it's still easier than that west London shoot last year. ?

I see that one stand has now been removed from the comp! For weather reasons..

Ridiculous state of affairs! not just the weather either, I am not there, so my comments are based on the people i know who are shooting, and what they can "normally" expect to score, and it looks unbelievable that some stalling 60yd targets getting blown away from stands etc. I also see from pictures up on FB that little effort is made to hide traps or provide any type of reference by way of a tree or bushes, mostly being open fields, with a lot of quartering targets, etc. 

And yes, i am fully aware of the difficulties involved in setting targets, I did setting for 20 years, but this seems to compound the problem if you set it too tough for everyone including a lot of the "big" names, what hope has Joe Average got?

Well I am A class and shot 71 on the blue and 77 on the red today. I really enjoyed it. Yes it was challenging but I would have thought so it should be for a championship. No hold ups, no break downs, great squad.

Well I am A class and shot 71 on the blue and 77 on the red today. I really enjoyed it. Yes it was challenging but I would have thought so it should be for a championship. No hold ups, no break downs, great squad.
Good, nice to see someone is positive!

So, a new announcement by CPSA, here, https://www.cpsa.co.uk/  and now, whoever ultimately wins this, will have to win with an average from 3 shooting comps ! (275 targets)

To clarify the issues surrounding target setting, firstly, set a target that is not going to become ridiculous with a marked change in the weather, IE`, an eye test, a teal/crow at 65 yards, you all know them, and look at the possible change in forecast,(not always possible in the UK, Iknow!) and of course, most importantly, it must be 100% safe to shoot. 

No im not going, been to a few major shoots that I didn't enjoy at all so decided to stay away from them them in future, however I am a nosy type and have few chums that have gone / are going and do feel for them, now reading a second stand has been pulled so it's 1x100 and 1x82 target course, do sense that a head or more is probably going to roll.

do query why 1 stand is pulled and on the other each and every entrant is automatically awarded all 10 targets as "hit" seems odd 

This was the latest post from George Digweeds facebook  :eek:

"World ICTSF Sporting at Kelmarsh ... I have just walked in at home having thought about nothing else in the car going home from the 2 day event I have just attended at Kelmarsh. It has made me so angry that I have had to vent my frustration on social media. Having shot in a competitve enviroment for nearly 40 years, I can honestly say that this is the worst event I have ever been to.
Billed as a 'World Championship' with a price tage of £130 to enter, which puts each course of 100 registered targets at £65, which is incredibly 'top end' to say the least, we arrive full of expectation yesterday morning, to go through a lengthy questioning procedure on the gate as to where and when I can park my car in a flat field!!!
If I had taken somebody to the event to show them what a World Championship looks like in our sport ... I would have been horrified,. as a small collection of marquees at the far end of the field, with 3 small trade stands, was all a World Championship shoot could muster. You had to make your own tea/coffee before paying for it, and was generally devoid of people.
That was the good bit we were to find out!!! ....
After my first 6 stands yesterday, I was unsure as to whether I was clay shooting or pigeon shooting, as targets being shot through small holes in trees generally does not inspire. Everything was edge on with no dome or belly shown, and very little thought gone into angles and speed. I shot the red course yesterday and whilst it was wind effected in a small manner, I felt the targets were too hard for the majority of competitors BUT the shoot was SHOOTABLE. I then hear the comments coming off the Blue Course, and on getting back to my car, witness Richard Faulds shoot a 5/10 on a pair of springing teal, which was from where I was stood and the degree of difficulty of the targets looked a reasonable score on that stand. I shot this stand this morning (second day) in a different wind and killed 10 on the drop with my second barrel being 20 yards! How can this be fair!!! With this stand coming so early in the round, and breaking so many peoples cards, their interest for the rest of it would have wained.
If shot today, and you have pretty much filled in the stand, it would give you the momentum to go onto a bigger score. Targets can be wind effected as we all know, but there should
NOT be 100 yards difference.
Having shot the course today, Richard's 90 yesterday would have been phenominal. Having looked round other stands on the course, and understanding wind direction, targets AND TRAPS have moved on the red and blue courses. 

In the modern day enviroment within shooting, to not put a minimum of 14 (if not 15) stands at a major Championship is at best short sightedness and at worst ... penny pinching.
Thank God the majority of shooters who were in Budapest for a first class event last week from overseas did not continue on and come to this event, because having tried to represent the sport in a proffessional manner for a long period of time for my Country - I was genuinly embarressed.
I feel the event was a total CPSA cash cow, with the World Championship tag thrown in for incentive. I spoke to a lot of angry people on the phone driving home, who all feel very, very hard done by."

Perhaps some older members may remember the original White Gold Cup, set up by myself at various locations around England and the Finals at Weston Park Shropshire . Perhaps you may wish to comment upon the quality of the targets, the format, and the prize money ?

Thank you  Geoff Dales and Steven Dales of Gamebore and Barry Hearn for giving me the opportunity to stage a good event (s)

It can still be done , you only have to ask . Save your money and I will see you all at The British at Hodnet.

It was a farce.  I shot 65 on red (Thurs) and I shot 64 on blue (today) but got a 72 on blue because of what they decided to do with stand 3 so was awarded 8 targets I did not get. I was happy enough with my scores shooting someone else's gun for the first time - I am never buying a Browning.   It was not a balanced shoot, there were too many edge on targets, some colours were used in ill advised settings and due to wind both courses had their challenges.  The Sportrap yesterday had an extreme teal (distance) which was turned into an incomer today!  I tinkled it twice yesterday Tony said but it didn't break.  There was some button confusion and sending of wrong targets on the Sportrap yesterday because I was on a squad that got that.    Ice cream was good though.

Latest posts

Back