ICTSF World Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Target Setters Bible!    My job is to entertain the shooters and give them an interesting shoot! 

Targets over the last ten years got harder and some plain stupid and a lot of luck is needed some days.

Recipe.  First target of report pair,  bread and butter, 2nd med to hard! but must be shootable!

Simo pairs must have time to shoot both targets!

Don't put 2 long targets on a stand will cause long tailbacks!

No edge on targets or black against the trees or orange in the sky!

Most of it is common sense?also I never wear glasses while setting? If I can see them so can you!
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't think targets have got harder over the past ten years, conversely I believe generally they have got easier to keep the punters happy.

Having shot this on Thurs/Fri I found this a step up in difficulty from your regular registered shoot, which you could argue it should be, being a so called World English Sporting Championship.

I think a lot of people were upset being well down on their  regular scores where they would expect to get in the 80s and 90s.

Personally I enjoyed the challenge of the shoot and was pleased to get to grips with some of the tricky targets.

Target Setters Bible!    My job is to entertain the shooters and give them an interesting shoot! 

Targets over the last ten years got harder and some plain stupid and a lot of luck is needed some days.

Recipe.  First target of report pair,  bread and butter, 2nd med to hard! but must be shootable!

Simo pairs must have time to shoot both targets!

Don't put 2 long targets on a stand will cause long tailbacks!

No edge on targets or black against the trees or orange in the sky!

Most of it is common sense?also I never wear glasses while setting? If I can see them so can you!
Cyril can't you start target setting again?

Not long been home as traffic was heavy.

Didnt shoot well on the blue course; 73 which gave me 151 ex 192, shot better but I've also shot worse.  Apart from the sim pair of teal that was removed but we all got to shoot (which would have been hard enough as a report pair) it wasn't far off being a normal registered standard shoot.  

Really glad that Richard Faulds won, he's been fantastic this year.  

Some will have indeed had a great weekend,but the testimony of some of the sports big hitters cannot be diminished.

I hope all those internationals left with a positive view of the event and a few team medals too.

Well done to all.

My take on any shoot I go to........

Would I pay to shoot the course again?

In this instance its a no, I would shoot it if were free though as I feel I could do a lot better. 

It wasn't dreadful ( 150/192 for me but I shot poorly) there were a lot of the same type of targets which was a shame. 

Politics aside..................

Lovely venue. 

Nice social feel on the Saturday and Sunday. 

And ten minutes from home. 

Apparently , now according to some people it was a wonderful event?
Some will like 

Some will not. 

Same for every shoot I have been to in my four years of shooting. 

Jeremy , 

You have only been shooting for four years , and you have spent a considerable amount of money enjoying yourself .

Do you not think that a National representative organisation should have some competence to organise a World class event after over 60 years experience?

This was not a World class event and actually was an embarrassment.

The CPSA board as is have no clue and will not be happy until they have totally wrecked the national and international reputation of our sport.

I keep hearing they are lucky to break even on this and they made a loss on that but yet we have approximately 700,000 in the bank doing f*** all!

It does no good sitting in the bank and a little bit spent at these major events could make the difference between a poor and  great experience but hey just don't get it,they act like it is there personal money and not the members.

Saving it up for a rainy day or their golden handshake just because they have been advised they need have a huge safety net in case suddenly everybody doesn't join up again,well here is a newsflash for the board......that is the way you are pushing it and if things don't change you will have successfully destroyed our sport.

They are clowns that think they are building a big business to put on their resume but in fact the majority of people think they are idiots,when will they understand that it should be the members decision for the members benefit,enjoyment and pleasure.

I have seen statements that they have made nothing from this yet there would have been over 200,000 in entry fees so what was it spent on because it certainly wasn't hospitality.

They just create an endless pile of crap and then ignore any comment and make excuses like children.

I let my cpsa membership lapse not because of politics just because I had no intention of shooting any registered for the foreseeable future and as I have insurance through the NGO I decided the sixty quid or whatever would purchase a rather splendid single malt ?

Not long been home as traffic was heavy.

Didnt shoot well on the blue course; 73 which gave me 151 ex 192, shot better but I've also shot worse.  Apart from the sim pair of teal that was removed but we all got to shoot (which would have been hard enough as a report pair) it wasn't far off being a normal registered standard shoot.  

Really glad that Richard Faulds won, he's been fantastic this year.  
I would have to agree. I shot this Sat/Sun. To be honest I didn't shoot very well, but I don't think the targets were really any harder than those that I see at Orston on a normal registered shoot!

a lot of quartering targets as other people have said, which was a little boring if anything, but not as hard as people keep making out. 

schmokinn,

From your comments previously I believe that you may be involved with a Regional Committee ?

Could I ask that you ask the question of the costings for this ICTSF Fiasco , income and expenditure?

I certainly will be asking at the West Midland Region.

No doubt it cost us a tidy sum.

I would have to agree. I shot this Sat/Sun. To be honest I didn't shoot very well, but I don't think the targets were really any harder than those that I see at Orston on a normal registered shoot!

a lot of quartering targets as other people have said, which was a little boring if anything, but not as hard as people keep making out. 
I think there is some confusion over the targets.  I think what people are grumbling about is that it was so different to shoot them on the Thurs and Fri and I don't know if they were tweaked, I didn't check it out but there were quite a few shooters of note wandering around the blue course on the Friday comparing it to the Thurs.  the thing is whilst it was windy on Thursday I know I've shot in a lot worse wind many times at several shoots.  Yes the targets can be affected but I've never been to a shoot where it has resulted in a stand being closed.  The stand where everyone was awarded ten did shoot a lot easier on the Friday as you had the standard teal returning in to shoot on the drop.  The smaller one went haywire and went out to the side towards stand 4.  The whole changing people's scores because of the awarded stand is what really lit the fuse.  

not wishing to play devils  advocate    but I watched the shoot  via ben wells superb videos on English sporting clays ,  to be honest  no harder than orston regular registered  , ok yes its easy to criticise   I never shot the competition  too expensive for me .  well done to the winners !      tin hat on . :blink:

Any one seen the official picture of the new Champion??? what is the metal gadget in the foreground and the photobomber in the background pulling a face????

Rupert, If you mean the photograph on the CPSA website ? Is it not indicative of the amount of organisation and effort ?

I think that photograph may have been near to Mr. Whippy and Tanya and Junior were trying to decide on two swirls and a Flake.

That is the one,it similar to a picture i have when i won C class at my local club league in 2009

Back