How has everyone got on today? 15th Sept

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
74 at 4Cs , lost the plot on the last few stands and let far to many get away :(

Good to be back out there shooting again with good friends after what has seemed to be a very long harvest this summer !

shot weston wood first thing didnt shoot that well only managed 66 pretty poor really,then went on to four counties havent shot there for a while quite wind affected but good targets shot a 79 after i woke up.

Westonwood - managed 43. Completely blanked the Simo battues did not give them enough.
There were a good few blanks on there, including some decent shooters. They did need a bit. I missed the second one three times until giving it more on last pair. There is a 'thing' with all sim crossers; they need more than they appear to because your mind sees them as slow, because they are slow compared to each other, but are still shifting. I learned this with the sim covey of 4 battues at RBSS..

Last edited by a moderator:
Windy but no rain up north at spennymoor, for the Cumbria and Durham championship. Targets were good, only one fast mini crosser that was a bit too much for me. Dropped too many silly ones, ended up with a 65.
High gun was 94 I think.
Need to pull my finger put over next couple of weeks, before my trip down south for the gamebore gold cup.

73 at 4C's one away from the old poacher goood to see you back out and about Robo.

Then off to Weston wood two card wrecking stands to finish on a so-so 67.

Well done Jason mopped up in C again.and nice to shoot round with Jane(calamity) as well.

Started the weekend at longridge for some FITASC second outing, 79 very pleased with that!

Toady started at four counties with a 66! A bit disappointed but only just below my average so won't be throwing my toys from the pram!

Then on to Weston wood and got into gear and came in with a 73 to just take first in C class, happy with that one but did leave a few out there, the teal with the incomes was missed a few times after smashing the first one to bits, also had a tough time on the simo loopers. I enjoyed the day and stayed dry throughout!

The simo battues were a tricky pair , it was a case of knowing what lead needed and committing to it shoot it quick drop down to second one with a good gap , a true test of putting lead on and a test of shoot timing , a true championship stand this one was

The simo battues were a tricky pair , it was a case of knowing what lead needed and committing to it shoot it quick drop down to second one with a good gap , a true test of putting lead on and a test of shoot timing , a true championship stand this one was
If I had known they were battues I might have done better.. Did the sign say?
Scores Steve?

I had four on them two singles and finally a pair! Needed a big gap and putting it on quick like you said above! Think it said battues on the menu!

William you should know me well enough now not to ask that question , of course it was on the board , but it's a good point because when I go shooting generally all I get told its a black thingy up there !!!!

High gun mark Marshall 94 will post others later

Shot a local shoot today the Oaks in kent some tricky targets very close and slow moving but angles to catch you out all set in amongst the trees started with a straight them slowly went down hill oddly enough after reading the thread about removing chokes for close stuff its just what I ended up doing and must say could have shot around 7 out of 10 stands this way Mullers can be a wee bit tight with ten yarders finished on 77 which ended up in the bin if its not screaming across at 40 yards plus I am stuffed. :fie:

Jason you seem to be in form at the moment...what's your secret? 
I dont haveva magic secret! .

I shoot as much as poss, at different places and have lessons when funds permit! I try not to get too much into positions and scores as I go round etc and try to shoot the best I can for me and have a good time.

I struggled at 4C's this morning, I was cold and didn't really get moving also didn't help only getting 2ex10 on stand two I think! :( it's a funny old game!

Will be watching out for you on my travels...see if I can pick up any tips...

Who is your coach?

Ps Hope you will be in Class B soon...

I will be in B next time! Unless something goes horribly wrong. .

I have had a sessions with a few different coaches. But most recently Ed Solomons and Carl Bloxham.

Spooky...I see Carl about every 3 or 4 months, and going to give Ed a go, IF he can ever fit me in...he is soooo popular!!

See Ed, the man is an alien or something....can sort out your bad habits very quickly and gives you something work on at the end of each lesson. I used to demount the gun between shots on everything never knew i was....Ed told me off and my scores have started to rise. Can't recommended him enough.

See Ed, the man is an alien or something....can sort out your bad habits very quickly and gives you something work on at the end of each lesson. I used to demount the gun between shots on everything never knew i was....Ed told me off and my scores have started to rise. Can't recommended him enough.
I will look forward to him trying to sort out my bad habits..... :spiteful:

Mind you Tom you have been a superstar just lately so between you and Jason he has got some real success stories...I want to be the next one...

Shot my 1st 100 reg ESP at Hepworth Hall yesterday, essex and Hertfordshire championship. 73/100 so pretty happy with that. Would of got me 2nd in C if I was classified! :-(. Some great targets provided from John Dyson in tricky conditions. I was the very last entry of the day so bore the brunt of some gusty stands! Got the bug now, can't wait to enter he next. :)

Back