How has everyone got on 21/22 sept?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4C's STR for me too...and there's nothing more to see here... :thumbsd:

(if ever I needed Ed, now is the time)  :banghead:

Depends on what the county committee decide. Put joint top score in, but Paul Brown not there for a shoot off. I havn't had to give up my trophy yet though....

Just got in from a bit of a drive round but well worth it!

Started off at Grange Farm with a win in C with 81 shot round with a few from here SoR and Carlos to name a few, quiet a large squad but good company! Need a reminder of screen names as can't remember!

Went off to Garlands with Carlos and put in an 84 (new PB) for second place in C! I was needing 86 to win it but had a few wobbly stands, one in the sun and a simo pair that needed a little more than I first thought!

Still very pleased with my efforts today. Can't win them all! .

managed to make Hornet today, dropped a few silly ones and hit the longer harder stuff, but the sun was shining and i was glad to be out in it. Finished on 75. 88 won C class.

Had a visit to catton hall this morning, put in an 81, very happy with that, was winning "C" class at 3.00pm, but someone told me that 82 won. Will have to wait for results to come out. A PBS today, very happy really, but still know I missed 3/4 targets that should have being hit.

Just got in from a bit of a drive round but well worth it!
Started off at Grange Farm with a win in C with 81 shot round with a few from here SoR and Carlos to name a few, quiet a large squad but good company! Need a reminder of screen names as can't remember!
Went off to Garlands with Carlos and put in an 84 (new PB) for second place in C! I was needing 86 to win it but had a few wobbly stands, one in the sun and a simo pair that needed a little more than I first thought!
Still very pleased with my efforts today. Can't win them all! .
Carlos gp 32
Ginja ninja
Si deaville
Me sor
Dave not on here
And another lad I can't remember his name

You shot well jase

My day ended badly. Went to Urchfont first which was okay then went on to Larkhill just for practice. Having rung in the morning to ask when last card was and being told it was 1.30pm we made it there just after 1pm. Got our cards and set off. met one of their blokes who said they had switched everything off, repeated what I was told in the morning but did say I was happy to shoot skeet if that was easier as I could still hear people shooting it. He decided to put it back on and told us to pick up shells as no bins out, no problem. You could tell they were not that keen which made me feel like I had to rush around. Got about half way round and feeling like I was not really enjoying it and tired from a long day yesterday I told my husband to have 8 clays that I did not shoot on a particular stand which he did. One of them came up and just right out said you had 8 more clays there so put a donation into air ambulance tin in office. This was not said in a nice way and I explained they were my 8 clays not shot. He went off and we carried on. By this time I have had enough and did not want to shoot any more and neither of us shot the last stand. I went to see the bloke to explain that we had not taken targets that we were not due and I resented the implication to which he mumbled sarcastically that he obviously counted wrong which he had not he just automatically assumed we had helped ourselves to more targets. He could not even look me in the face. anyhow rant over and sadly I will not be returning to Larkhill, I don't need to feel like (a) I am inconveniencing them and ( B) I cheat them.

Shot my first fitasc comp 37/50 1st in C class, and shot 88 at st dials came 3rd AA class. Shot with some great company Martin Myers top 97/100 amazing. KFC was fantastic on way home all in all a good day!!

shot the crazy bear first as its only 10 mins from home for me and shot my best pb with a 93 well chuffed  with that as high gun was won on a 97,then went on to hornet shot a 78 there which i think i was 10 light there but a good a shot.

Shot my first fitasc comp 37/50 1st in C class, and shot 88 at st dials came 3rd AA class. Shot with some great company Martin Myers top 97/100 amazing. KFC was fantastic on way home all in all a good day!!
Sandbagger....C class....you shouldn't be in there long...

And the most I have ever seen ANYONE shoot before is a 90....wow....97....

My day ended badly. Went to Urchfont first which was okay then went on to Larkhill just for practice. Having rung in the morning to ask when last card was and being told it was 1.30pm we made it there just after 1pm. Got our cards and set off. met one of their blokes who said they had switched everything off, repeated what I was told in the morning but did say I was happy to shoot skeet if that was easier as I could still hear people shooting it. He decided to put it back on and told us to pick up shells as no bins out, no problem. You could tell they were not that keen which made me feel like I had to rush around. Got about half way round and feeling like I was not really enjoying it and tired from a long day yesterday I told my husband to have 8 clays that I did not shoot on a particular stand which he did. One of them came up and just right out said you had 8 more clays there so put a donation into air ambulance tin in office. This was not said in a nice way and I explained they were my 8 clays not shot. He went off and we carried on. By this time I have had enough and did not want to shoot any more and neither of us shot the last stand. I went to see the bloke to explain that we had not taken targets that we were not due and I resented the implication to which he mumbled sarcastically that he obviously counted wrong which he had not he just automatically assumed we had helped ourselves to more targets. He could not even look me in the face. anyhow rant over and sadly I will not be returning to Larkhill, I don't need to feel like (a) I am inconveniencing them and ( B) I cheat them.
Poor Sian....and thanks for posting....the rest of us will know now....miserable gits....

Stayed at the in-laws in Kent again so shot the Robin Hood shoot again. Thought I may as well pick up my prize for high gun from last month- 200 cartridges. Pretty miserly, I thought, as over 90 people shot it. Anyway shot the 100 birder, with my husband, using up the cartridges - Rio 20s? They were ok, not thumpy. Enjoyed the targets again, only one stand that was a long way out - an orange looper. You got 5 singles, full use of the gun, scored 2 if first shot kill, 1 if second barrel. Why not? Makes a change. Another funny stand: a flush of 20 birds. Only problem was, sometimes there were 3 birds in the air making it impossible to hit all of them even if you were the quickest of reloaders....

Otherwise good use of the limited space there and a good variety of targets. Wasn't really bothered about my score, due to the strange format, but shot a 73.

Next weekend will be busy: grandmasters at Southdown on Saturday - sporting and Sporttrap - then wylye and Westfield on Sunday

Well shot Macc lad two good scores there buddy thought the FITASC shot  quite a bit stiffer than it looked, well off the pace myself didn't read some them right started ok on apple layout straight on first peg then wobbled on second and then the wheels came off 14/25 then did the same on the field layout and miss read the teal finished with a dismal 11/25 so not a good day and 6 targets light for anywhere near in D class, probably should have stayed at home head not there thinking about other things, sorry I missed you buddy but had to get back to see my Dad hopefully see you at Wylye next sunday.

Well shot Macc lad two good scores there buddy thought the FITASC shot  quite a bit stiffer than it looked, well off the pace myself didn't read some them right started ok on apple layout straight on first peg then wobbled on second and then the wheels came off 14/25 then did the same on the field layout and miss read the teal finished with a dismal 11/25 so not a good day and 6 targets light for anywhere near in D class, probably should have stayed at home head not there thinking about other things, sorry I missed you buddy but had to get back to see my Dad hopefully see you at Wylye next sunday.
Hi mate, sounds like a tough circuit. All the best my friend hope your dad is doing well..mark

St Dials shooting ground Monmouth 

Point worth mentioning about this shoot today, I took a look at the entry money taken and the percentage paid back from the gross......

Fitasc..... paid back in prize money a figure  very close to 36%  :nyam:

100 sporting.....with 48 comp entries of £35 paid back aprx 25%  :preved:

when you compare this to most grounds, it does make you feel, your returns for you hard earned pennies are extremely fair !

well done Harty 

Last edited by a moderator:
So you would rather have a quick fix today with no thought about the future , I know what I prefer as a ground owner and competitor , personally don't even think about prize money when competing , let the shoot owner sort it out

I think the word 'fair' is key here, that's what all shooters want, a ground owner can make as much money as they like as long as the returns are fair for the support they have received.

It's not rocket science.

Back