Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly can't see the point of doing a review on that. As soon as you showed the rear sight I clicked off

Lloyd, what would you say is the worst gun you’ve ever tried or reviewed? Just curious. 

The Derya lion is an absolute dog. The Axis RS12 was no fun either. 
Well mate, I can’t say I’ve ever laid my hands on either of those! 😂 

You know most gun reviews that I’ve seen or read, have been about sporters. Not that many are about trap guns. Is it because sporting is now so popular or is there some other reason? 

Well mate, I can’t say I’ve ever laid my hands on either of those! 😂 

You know most gun reviews that I’ve seen or read, have been about sporters. Not that many are about trap guns. Is it because sporting is now so popular or is there some other reason? 
I've done loads of reviews on trap guns, but they are usually stuff that comes in used. Most press guns are sporters because anyone can shoot them and they have the widest appeal. 

I've done loads of reviews on trap guns, but they are usually stuff that comes in used. Most press guns are sporters because anyone can shoot them and they have the widest appeal. 
I guess I can understand why the sporters have the most appeal. Sporting does seem to have become way more popular than trap or  skeet, or at least it seems that way. 

I guess I can understand why the sporters have the most appeal. Sporting does seem to have become way more popular than trap or  skeet, or at least it seems that way. 
Sporters are more versatile and can be shot at pretty much any discipline pretty well if correctly choked. Hence more available and more reviews. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sporters are more versatile and can be shot at pretty much any discipline pretty well if correctly choked. Hence more available and more reviews. 
I don’t disagree with that at all. 
Oddly enough, a lot of guns that are out there and sold  as sporters, actually started out as trap guns. The Miroku mk38 being one that springs to mind, same goes for the Perazzi MX series and the K80. 
As you will know, quite a few well known sporting shooters have actually used trap guns, sometimes modified, sometimes bog standard. 
The line between trap gun and sporter is no longer as clearly defined as it was, as far as I can see. 

I don’t disagree with that at all. 
Oddly enough, a lot of guns that are out there and sold  as sporters, actually started out as trap guns. The Miroku mk38 being one that springs to mind, same goes for the Perazzi MX series and the K80. 
As you will know, quite a few well known sporting shooters have actually used trap guns, sometimes modified, sometimes bog standard. 
The line between trap gun and sporter is no longer as clearly defined as it was, as far as I can see. 
Manufacturers have altered stock dimensions over the years to merge the gap as well I think. When I was 14 my dad bought a brand new miroku 7000 sporter, think the dimensions on it were 39 - 63mm, these days 56mm is classed as low for a sporter with many being around the 50mm area.

Manufacturers have altered stock dimensions over the years to merge the gap as well I think. When I was 14 my dad bought a brand new miroku 7000 sporter, think the dimensions on it were 39 - 63mm, these days 56mm is classed as low for a sporter with many being around the 50mm area.
Yes I reckon manufacturers have changed things👍

would love your review and thoughts on the browning ultra xs black laminate    👀💥
I'm trying to get one. 

reckon you could give a decent overview on most popular guns, ok maybe not longevity but would be interested to know the pros/cons from your perspective as you sample them
Well, there's over 150 episodes up there covering a pretty fair sample of the UK market, should keep you entertained for a while 😂

I'm trying to get one. 

Well, there's over 150 episodes up there covering a pretty fair sample of the UK market, should keep you entertained for a while 😂
Thanks Lloyd but I was refering to Dr Lecter, he has owned most models of guns (briefly), whatever he sticks with for more than a month I am going to buy (might be a long wait), but seriously would be interested in his thought process on each of the guns as he changes them

Latest posts

Back