Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sound surprised at (2.35) about the angle of the butt pad. I think that angle is quite normal for peeps that stand at an angle to the trap house. Standing squarer to the trap house will produce a different shaped (straighter?) shoulder pocket. 
In 34 years of shooting I have never seen a stock with that much roll. I don't think it's "quite normal" at all.

In 34 years of shooting I have never seen a stock with that much roll. I don't think it's "quite normal" at all.
I think that maybe we talking about different things? You....the roll over of the comb and me, the pitch of the recoil pad.

I think that maybe we talking about different things? You....the roll over of the comb and me, the pitch of the recoil pad.
A rollover comb is not uncommon, but that isnt what I am referring to.

Pitch refers to the angle of the recoil pad +/- 90* perpendicular to the barrel axis, that is also not what I am talking about. 

Roll refers to the angle of the pad, toe and heel when looking down the gun from the rear. 

Think of it like an aircraft, Pitch is pitch, Cast is yaw, and Roll is roll. 

image.png

A rollover comb is not uncommon, but that isnt what I am referring to.

Pitch refers to the angle of the recoil pad +/- 90* perpendicular to the barrel axis, that is also not what I am talking about. 

Roll refers to the angle of the pad, toe and heel when looking down the gun from the rear. 

Think of it like an aircraft, Pitch is pitch, Cast is yaw, and Roll is roll. 

View attachment 9277
Okay, thanks for the analogy. I see what you mean. 👍

Hi Lloyd.

Have you had the new ultra XT pro with the briley titanium chokes in your hands. ?

I have looked at your 3 year old review of the Ultra XT with the heavyer midas chokes. You said it was too nose heavy for your liking?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXazUgWZ63M

Have you tried the newer one and have comments on the handeling? I love the feeling of the XS pro balance, but i need a slight palm swell and a medium high rib. It has every specs i want in my new shotgun.

kind regards

Dion

Hi Lloyd.

Have you had the new ultra XT pro with the briley titanium chokes in your hands. ?

I have looked at your 3 year old review of the Ultra XT with the heavyer midas chokes. You said it was too nose heavy for your liking?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXazUgWZ63M

Have you tried the newer one and have comments on the handeling? I love the feeling of the XS pro balance, but i need a slight palm swell and a medium high rib. It has every specs i want in my new shotgun.

kind regards

Dion
Sorry I haven't handled the new one.

Sorry I haven't handled the new one.
Thanks for responding.

If you happen to stroll by the 32" at Bywell, they have in stock, I would very much appreciate if you could take swing with it and tell me if its more noseheavy than balanced. I am getting a price next week to get one shipped to Denmark.

I understand if you are too busy.

kind regards

Dion

started watching this the other day but it was a bit of a slow burner.. plus I must admit the orig B.G. podcasts were a bit hard listening, and personally I thought it didn't really add any value to your "brand" - which I think is usually fantastic - great gun reviews with plenty of technical content that a potential buyer really wants to know . . so keep up the great reviews 👍

Latest posts

Back