Gil and Vicki Ash Are Coming to The UK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ermmm? Yes...

In an attempt to demonstrate a physiological basis for the alternating suppression of perception when the two eyes view very different contours (binocular rivalry), we studied the responses of neurons in the lateral geniculate nucleus (LGN) and area 17...this interocular suppression exhibits a remarkable non-linearity: a grating of non-preferred orientation in one eye causes significant interocular suppression only if the neuron is already responding to an appropriate stimulus in the other eye [sengpiel and Blakemore (1994) Nature, 368, 847-850]. We propose that the switches in perceptual dominance during binocular rivalry depend on interocular interactions at the level of binocular neurons of the primary visual cortex, which might involve intracortical inhibition between adjacent ocular dominance columns. The spontaneous alternations in perceptual suppression that occur during prolonged viewing of rivalrous patterns remain to be explained, although significant variation in the strength of neuronal suppression in such conditions was occasionally seen. Interocular suppression in the primary visual cortex:a possible neural basis of ocular rivalry. Sengepial et al 1995.

Although crystals, candles and howling sounds like an interesting night out!

I'm glad that I don't understand the gist of that. I'll just see it and shoot it :)

Lost me after errmm yes :D but I is just a humble bus driver not an uber eye doctor ;)

Well reading most of this thread I can only conclude what an utter disgrace the welcome to the uk Gil and Vicki have received from you lot.

I won't be attending any seminar

I won't be attending any courses

I won't be reading up or watching any of their teaching

I will however be saying welcome to the UK and I hope you have a great visit.

That's my two penny worth over and out.

Daz.

Totally wasting time contributing more on here now.

Darkside.....condescending is not something that can be levelled at me......even on a bad day. We have had enough long and i thought good conversations on FB for you to see that.....and I have never been short on encouraging all of your shooting results etc.

Mike see line above re condescending.

Have a great time those who are going to the course. I am sure it will be well worth it.....I certainly wish I could make it....

As for the rest of you, I hope you enjoy the shooting that you are happy with.

Now off to hit the ignore button on a thread that I was interested in.

Rather ruff lot or shall I say stuffy over something that is all speculation for the most part.  Fringe I understand.  Critial of unequaled success.  Come now.  To quote Sir Paul "Let it be"!!  

All my visions of proper gents motoring from ground to ground shooting wilst wearing ties and chamois and enjoying a pint or snort at the end of the day exchanging pleasantries have been dashed.  There goes that one for the bucket list.  Now I have to tell my lady we need to redo that juncket.  

I am amazed at the reaction to this course, this is such a storm in a teacup, whether or not one agrees with the logic, practicality or relevance to the UK shooting scene, NO ONE is compelled to attend the course.

I am intrigued by the theory behind the coaching and would state that I do not fully undertsand the concept, I would however think that as very succesful coaches,authors etc. in their own country that  they are not snake oil sellers . I would guess they have have built a substantial reputation in many countries because they have something to offer ,that offer may not be what you personally might be looking for but may well suit others who need further insight, support, encouragement and if they think this suits them then fair enough go for it.

Coaching on any level is an incremental process and assimilating knowledge , acquiring the right techniques and mental attitude can lead you to many places and sources of knowledge

Gil and Viki are coming over here probably because there was interest in their  courses beforehand, they have a very positive can do attitude and appear to be very energised and keen to impart their knowledge. I have never attended any of their courses and I await with great interest the feedback on the forum  from this course from those attending.

imagine what a positive influence you could be in the world if you could just get over worrying about what others might think or say about you.........in fact we find that is the biggest thing that holds people back in shooting.....worrying what others might think about you is a killer of focus and concentration every time.....the reality is that top performers don't really care because they know they cant control what others think say or do so why put forth the effort.....GA

Listen Uriah the lessons you gave me  paid off so be proud ! although obviously I  am still not in your  class!!

I for one welcome anyone who can show the hours of dedication to research within the sport. In the last 20 years I have equally carried out research into our sport and often be seen as some kind of Witch Doctor. If you look at the work that Gil & Vicki have done it is not just theory written on the back of a postage stamp, they have backed it with countless demonstrations and training. It may not be for all, equally I am not for all, but it is really strange sometimes the amount of money people will spend on equipment and then complain of the cost of working with a professional (sorry making comment on the cost, as their comments clearly show they never would attend).

If you look at the cost of equipment, people don`t bat an eyelid at spending over £400 for glasses, £hundreds for gunslips, £hundreds on chokes yet engaging the services of a professional coach, trainer, sports psych etc is seen as expensive, people also seem to think that spending over £10k on a gun will make the difference. Everything is about choice, if you choose to use a professional then do it, but also be more embracing of those trying to take the sport forward and offering a service that you can take if you want.

I wish Gil & Vicki a very warm welcome to the UK and I am sure they would offer the same if I was in the USA.

Hey Phil thanks for the flowers......would you like to share the stage with us in our seminar???  We, as you well know, are always looking to learn something from everyone and would love spend some time together whilst (bilingual I know) in the UK,,..,...contact me via our web site and lets talk about the possibilities......they are endless.......here here on the $$$$ people trying to buy the next level.....sad but true.....the helping hand they are looking for is at the end of their own arm.......they just gotta learn how to use it and they aint gonna learn it on their own......as you well know.......a pair of experienced eyes combined with thousands of hours of experience and research looking over someones shoulder can save the shooter hundreds of shots trying to do something that to them seems logical but in the long run is a dead end road......not to mention $$$$$$$$ saved......the most important thing we as professional coaches can offer is a savings in time......you can make more $$$$$$ but you cant even buy time.....look forward to doing something with you......will contact you today......and thanks again.....GA

Since retiring, I have become a "re-started shooter" (after a 30 year 'family gap'), and came across Gil's OSP method on the internet. He's published a huge amount of detail about it, and I gave it a go on skeet targets initially, with results that surprised me - breaking targets I'd always struggled with. I made a detailed set of notes for myself to work with, and am now practicing using it on sporting clays. it's going well so far (on a self-coaching basis - yes, it's possible to do that with this method) and I've found it's very effective on targets such as loopers, long crossers, as well as the more usual closer targets. It does require you to adopt a fresh mindset and approach to your shooting (and a lot of practice to get used to it), but as a right eye dominant lefthanded shooter I now don't have to use an eye spot on my glasses lens, or indeed look down the barrel, leaving my subconscious to process the information from both eyes all through the shot and let me make the shot in the break point.

I'm delighted Gil and Vicki have made the commitment to come over to the UK and help their OSP followers with one to one coaching in the method. I know it is working for me, and can't wait for September to come! See you there.

Clive B

hey clive glad it is working for you if you want to get together and do another Skype lemeno......also any of the other sigh ups are welcome to schedule skype conference with us to get a head start on the classes.....will be adding some more voice overs on animations and actual clay shots with and with out voice overs by months end....about 23 clays shots....curlers rabbits crossers droppers......all done with the Shotkam......it is reality not what you percieve.....reality......it is amazing....

oh and BTW thanks again Phil for the kind words.......Hey Peter Harris looking forward to getting together......we invite you to come by and offer your opinions and add to the discussion on Sat.......lemeno

I imagine he will be busy chairing a meeting of the Miroku appreciation club. All three of the members like to schedule regular meet ups and have a dig at owners of decent kit...

Correct, we will be having our summer seminar. Oh how we shall be deriding you poor misguided fools with your German, Italian and US/Belgian drainpipes :D Japan is where its at dontchaknow :.:

Back