Gil and Vicki Ash Are Coming to The UK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Ben could have been a little more subtle.

What I think he was trying to say was that we have far better coaches in the UK.
I agree, it's pretty obvious some lack the skill of writing down what they think. I'm very open minded when it comes to different techniques, all that matters is that it brings consistent results. Having said that if we were talking Skeet for example I'd have no trouble looking at what the Americans have to say on the subject but when it comes to Sporting the UK has produced the very best there is so there is a case for listening to the guys who break our type of targets in our type of event/environment.

Some are to the point and honest, others pussy foot around what they think...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gill I am sure you will have a full compliment of people on your course. Had I not be shooting partridge I would have come on the 3rd day. Might be able to get to the middle day for the mental bit though.

I am sad reading some of the comments on here...open your eyes people.....you should always be open to learn new tricks....and.....if you cannot .......then enjoy you place as the competition Bridesmaid and never the Bride.

Ben.....you should speak to your PR....your comments ....as a 'coach' were not really very professional. It looks like you are trying to put people off attending this course.

Peeeeeps.....There is plenty of work out there for all coaches.....some who have been around for a very long time and have a great international following.....with many many good reports following them around.

P.s. You also tend to pay for quality....and quality can also be shown by the length of time in the job and the amount of clients happy to book and book and book.

Nicola,

What's new about maintained lead?
Sorry did you misunderstand the post and thought I wanted to discuss...?I do not .....but I am equally free to make an observation on a post that is approaching 'gang hunting' on a pair of coaches that are running a course in the UK.

If people out there have no interest in this clearly labelled topic, could they please keep their comments to themselves. This thread is for people who might want to attend.

Moderators do you think for once that this post could be kept on topic....and afford some basic manners to Gil who has posted some really interesting information in all of his posts, keeping his manners when others loose theirs.

We are getting some posters on here that are deliberate at spoiling threads that others want to read.

Nicola,

I am not as naive as some people on here. We have coaches of our own in this country who can teach to every level and charge a lot less money at the same time.

As far as I'm concerned this is a "forum" and I can give my opinion on what is on the thread, if Matt wishes to remove what I say, I would class it as censorship.

I am not gang hunting, that's not my nature,, but I do say what I think.

Paying twice the going rate does not mean you will receive quality Nicola, even if it is a foreign import...what would be the sense in importing a made in USA television, paying twice as much as you'd pay for one in the UK, only to find it's 110v and comes with a two pin plug...not great when you try to plug it into 240v and 3 pin socket!!!

Very good comments made by Hamster and Mike, posts 20 and 26. In my opinion

Nicola, there are a number of inaccurate observations in your post number 22. In my opinion.

I do not want to get embroiled in this post save to say, I thought we were in a recession and money was tight, so we need to seek value for money. Or just throw it away, it is after all the individuals choice.

'Gang hunting'... No! That's a misinterpretation on your part, you have that wrong. Sorry, I speak as I see, £425 is serious money for 1 days coaching, more money than I believe Gil's coaching to be worth. This is a forum, a place to discuss, not everyone will agree, not everyone will get on, not everyone will like each other.

As for Ben's comments, yes they were very direct (some people appreciate direct, I do) maybe a little harsh to some, but if its what he honestly believes, which knowing Ben, it will be, then he is as entitled to comment as any other poster, but he is probably more qualified to comment as a top level coach/elite competitor than most on here!!! His reasons? It's not that he needs work, just try booking him for a lesson, last time we spoke, he was booked solid for three months+ and in my experience he try's to deliver value for money!!!

I appreciate I am new to the forum and sport, however...
Why all the negativity, this is something we all enjoy, no one is holding a gun (excuse the pun) to anyone's head and 'making' people come along to this event. it's a choice, come along and enjoy it or don't its that simple.... There is simply no need to lash out and be negative.

We are all entitled to our opinions and indeed to voice them, that being said let's be supportive instead of negative, it's all so very easy to belittle and discourage people, so why not try and be proactive and positive for a change.

We all have choices we like to spend our money on and how we value said spend, so, make a choice and come along and at the very least enjoy it and get a different perspective, if you disagree then that's perfectly fine just don't moan and discourage others who disagree.

Rant over... Back to my work and the enjoyment of this very socialable sport.

Benjamin

My post stands. Play nicely. Show good manners.

It does not matter how many 'English' coaches are already here.....these are very interesting American ones. Some of us on hear are actually interested in what they say and contribute to open minded discussions. If you do not agree then have the good manners to post elsewhere.

I appreciate I am new to the forum and sport, however... Why all the negativity, this is something we all enjoy, no one is holding a gun (excuse the pun) to anyone's head and 'making' people come along to this event. it's a choice, come along and enjoy it or don't its that simple.... There is simply no need to lash out and be negative. We are all entitled to our opinions and indeed to voice them, that being said let's be supportive instead of negative, it's all so very easy to belittle and discourage people, so why not try and be proactive and positive for a change. We all have choices we like to spend our money on and how we value said spend, so, make a choice and come along and at the very least enjoy it and get a different perspective, if you disagree then that's perfectly fine just don't moan and discourage others who disagree. Rant over... Back to my work and the enjoyment of this very socialable sport. Benjamin
Because this place is getting like a second hand car dealers.

If we have to have in-your-face advertising, then it should follow the regulations that the advertisers themselves have to follow (in this country).

Over here, if I want to advertise my products, I am not allowed to use superlatives. I cannot make claims that I can't prove or justify easily. I can't say that my products are "the best" or anything like that.

The problem that I have with all this so-called "networking" that is rammed down our throats these days, is that it is just a cheap way for advertisers to flout those regulations. People on here who are pushing somebody else's products for whatever reason, are making ridiculous and outrageous claims.

There's some blather on this thread that implies that, if we don't sign up for this, we can kiss our chances of getting to the top goodbye. It says we will be "bridesmaids, but never the bride".

Bollocks. That's misleading, in fact it's downright inaccurate.

I don't appreciate being taken for a mug. Despite constantly being accused by the networkers or "not knowing what I'm talking about", I do actually know what I'm talking about, and thankfully, I have enough wick in my lamp to ensure that I don't waste my money. There are plenty on here that might not be quite so tight/canny/wised up/experienced or whatever the hell it is.

All these stupid claims that this cartridge or that gun are absolutely essential for anybody who wants to get anywhere should be stamped out. The law doesn't allow the manufacturer to talk horsesh*t, but "networkers" seem to be able to get away with it. Enough, I reckon.... <_<

I am not selling anything Chard. But I have enjoyed the discussions with Gil on here.

You on the other hand take delight in taking threads off line. You do not rant in the same way about the Phil Coley and Ben Husthwaite master classes so what is the difference.

And back in the day when Matt knew no body in clay shooting....he was ecstatic to have shooters post threads to get people coming to view this site. I am sure that Matt is very happy and grateful that Gil has bothered to contribute on here. Where as Chard......you always contribute negatively. I do not think you have the mental game to even be the bridesmaid let alone the bride. You have far toooo much negative vibes.

Moderators can you please tell me why you are allowing negative posts on a topic that is clearly labeled. There is no need for these silly comment when people do not have to read the thread.

I can only apologise to Gil for the deteriorating attitudes on here.

It's a discussion, on a forum!!!! Why should there only be reverence shown?

I am not selling anything Chard. But I have enjoyed the discussions with Gil on here.

You on the other hand take delight in taking threads off line. You do not rant in the same way about the Phil Coley and Ben Husthwaite master classes so what is the difference.

And back in the day when Matt knew no body in clay shooting....he was ecstatic to have shooters post threads to get people coming to view this site. I am sure that Matt is very happy and grateful that Gil has bothered to contribute on here. Where as Chard......you always contribute negatively. I do not think you have the mental game to even be the bridesmaid let alone the bride. You have far toooo much negative vibes.

Moderators can you please tell me why you are allowing negative posts on a topic that is clearly labeled. There is no need for these silly comment when people do not have to read the thread.

I can only apologise to Gil for the deteriorating attitudes on here.
I'm also very well versed in methods of suppressing dissent.

All these accusations of being "negative" are just a corporate-style way of trying to get the opposition to shut up. It doesn't work.

I think you would be very unpleasantly surprised at the growing tide of disapproval of all the blatant advertising and other hard-sell blather on here.

It's easy to say "ignore it", but it's so rife now that it creeps into any thread, anywhere.

I agree that any  "this is better, those are rubbish" statements are unfair and show a lack of maturity. At no point in this thread has that been said.

There's some blather on this thread that implies that, if we don't sign up for this, we can kiss our chances of getting to the top goodbye. It says we will be "bridesmaids, but never the bride".
Nicola is not specifically saying this, she is merely affirming the fact that being open minded to new thinking, be that coaching styles, gun manufacturing, whatever, can help us to develop as better shooters. Isn't that what we all want to be?

“I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.”~ Dudley Field Malone

I agree that any  "this is better, those are rubbish" statements are unfair and show a lack of maturity. At no point in this thread has that been said.

Nicola is not specifically saying this, she is merely affirming the fact that being open minded to new thinking, be that coaching styles, gun manufacturing, whatever, can help us to develop as better shooters. Isn't that what we all want to be?

“I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.”~ Dudley Field Malone

Which is why I used the word "implies".

It is clearly implied that if we don't embrace this, we'll wallow in mediocrity for evermore.

The advertising law recognizes the power of implication. Advertisers cannot imply something unless they can justify it with hard facts when challenged. This should be no different.

Ed,

I think that it would have been far wiser to pay for an advertisement about your forthcoming coaching event instead of starting a topic about it.

Mike.

Back