Gil and Vicki Ash Are Coming to The UK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My post stands. Play nicely. Show good manners.
That's a little rich for someone whose opening line of a post is:

Sorry did you misunderstand the post and thought I wanted to discuss...?

No doubt you'll again say you're being deliberately misunderstood blah blah but wouldn't hurt if you start with the person in the mirror..........

This is an open forum for discussion, sometimes people disagree, nobody is being negative just stating the obvious such as it seems dear. I've no doubt the course would prove beneficial for anyone who wants to attend but it doesn't mean others can't pass comment.

If you want a forum with strict rules that a given thread can only be entered into by those of the same leanings then a possible answer is to establish one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on a minute - I am OK with Ed using a thread to advertise something, I OK'ed it from the start. If a member (who btw has helped a lot of people on the site, for free) has a business venture, then I am OK to support it.  He also is aware that if he is allowed to do that, then people are allowed to offer opposing views - that is the nature of the beast I am afraid, he's a big boy - and I'm sure he can cope with criticism or challenge.

I do agree with Chards comments that too many threads recently have moved from 'recommendation/review' into downright shouting the words of the brand that they like - I'd ask that people stop doing that.

Frankly - I don't have time to nursemaid all the passive-aggressive posts on here - I am becoming convinced (by the many supportive PM's and emails that I get) that banning a few people is the only way to go.

Ed,

I think that it would have been far wiser to pay for an advertisement about your forthcoming coaching event instead of starting a topic about it.

Mike.
Hi Mike,

It was done at the suggestion of the site admin. And it's not my coaching event, i'm merely organising it :)

Hold on a minute - I am OK with Ed using a thread to advertise something, I OK'ed it from the start. If a member (who btw has helped a lot of people on the site, for free) has a business venture, then I am OK to support it.  He also is aware that if he is allowed to do that, then people are allowed to offer opposing views - that is the nature of the beast I am afraid, he's a big boy - and I'm sure he can cope with criticism or challenge.
Fair go... B)

Matt I think we are back to the problem that some people interpret simple English in a negative way.

Even when you are trying to keep the thread on topic like I have been doing here.....you end up getting attacked... or people decide 'how' you say sentences. It is all very silly.

Some of us on here are actually interested in what Gil discusses......there is lots of food for thought for people of all ages and abilities and whether it works for that person or not.....each post should not be driven into the ground by some who do not want to learn anything new.

To be fair I think that misinterpretation on forums in general is fast becoming the norm. Personal preferences will always differ and whilst it doesn't aggrevate me as much as some I agree with Chards point about some people taking an overly zealous approach to publicising products that they are associated with. My personal opinion is that links in signatures and PM's can accommodate 99% of requests for information that most people would make. A few like to openly discuss their questions and to that end I think that the steps that Matt has taken to provide specific areas of the forum for these questions help greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicola - I think we are back to the problem that people interpret simple English in a negative way.

No-one is attacking you.... different opinions are not attacks.  

Well said that man!!!
Thanks - but doesn't mean I agree with your interjections either.

I don't know enough about the OSP methods to make a hard opinion, but I know there are many that respect them and some that don't - I'll happily try and give a platform to both - as long as it remains sensible and polite.

Nicola - I think we are back to the problem that people interpret simple English in a negative way.

No-one is attacking you.... different opinions are not attacks.
Different opinions we can all take Matt.

When I said attack I did not mean literally. .....obviously.... But it is boring when a subject is being discussed to have it deliberately wrecked just for the fun of it .

And the comments about advertising / connections to products are false....no one make any money out of shooting in the UK. So not sure how any future threads on cartridges or guns could progress without naming names. This is all very silly rubbish.

Mike sweetie ....I would answer your question but I charge £70 per hour cartridges and clays extra....use what you want.

So as I can feel that I do not have to answer....could people not start their posts (rant or otherwise) with 'Nicola' followed by a question. If you really want an answer ...PM me.

Different opinions we can all take Matt.

When I said attack I did not mean literally. .....obviously.... But it is boring when a subject is being discussed to have it deliberately wrecked just for the fun of it .

And the comments about advertising / connections to products are false....no one make any money out of shooting in the UK. So not sure how any future threads on cartridges or guns could progress without naming names. This is all very silly rubbish.

Mike sweetie ....I would answer your question but I charge £70 per hour cartridges and clays extra....use what you want.

So as I can feel that I do not have to answer....could people not start their posts (rant or otherwise) with 'Nicola' followed by a question. If you really want an answer ...PM me.
I've never paid a women for any type of service in my life thanks all the same, but honestly what is "new" in the world of shooting and that is what is being touted.

That's what I would like to know.

And I do try to be polite to everyone.

There are not enough pages on this forum to hold the information of what things are new .....not only in shooting but in the way you approach all development of the sport and that ability to play or compete at what ever level you choose to be happiest at. There is not enough time in the world to write down on here what you are asking because the question is so wide in the form that you have asked it.

i do not know Mike why you are asking me anyway....I am not running the course. If I was not off on the Partridge I can assure you I would be there....hoping to learn something new.

People can always learn things new from good coaches no matter how long they have been shooting....but only if they open their ears and their minds. Simples.

P.s. I notice that Phil and Ben do not give in depth detail on here, even though several times I have asked......however Gil (who I have never met....and have no connection to at all) has been happy to talk in great depth, freely giving his information during discussions. That is why they have been so interesting. But if anyone thinks that they can learn shooting from a website then they will be mistaken and that is where the great coaches come in.

I take lessons with all types of coaches in several disciplines because I have a thirst for shooting knowledge....you are always learning.

I'm in the mind that if you feel the need to spend those sort's of amounts of money on a days coaching go for it ....but how much you can take in and keep from a whole day at it would cause some concern for me.

I for one would feel better having a hour a week with a coach who has done the circuit here, knows our type of targets, and is at the top of the tree. then put this into practise each weekend untill it become part of you. Knowing Ed Solomons as I do, you could do a lot worst than seeing him for a lot less ?? once a week, and I do believe he has got to where he is shooting wise, with out using Fiooooochi :preved:    

I did wonder what level / standard of shooter is the target ( marketwise ) for this type of session, Clynts point on retention strikes a chord as even an hour 1 - 1 can be intense enough that mental exhaustion hits performance / ability to take in etc ( personal experience etc ).

I've just added the cost up, should have done it earlier really, Cost one person for three days is £1065, therefore if there is a full complement of learners on each day the total cost is £21,300.

That is a serious sum of money for three days work.

Please feel free to correct my amounts as Maths was never one my strong subjects.

Don't forget they aren't driving an hour to get here chaps... I think there might be a plane involved. I was never any good at geography.

Latest posts

Back