Fiocchi F3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will............you patterned the red 7 for me, centre dense, not too worried as I would probably only use them on 50 yard +

Did you ever try a blue 8? I don't get balls of dust in half n half fixed, just good even kills and nice comments from others out with me.

Geordieboy.............supplier and price please.

I get my shells from Angus Brown.  He comes to Barby near Rugby on a Wednesday.  He charges £183/1000 for F3's and £200/1000 for Officials.  Don't have his number I'm afraid, I just put my order in verbally!

Seen you on Saturday Georgie boy. Had a rare outing on the sporting at Barby.

.. Seen you get the dogs out the car but I was just on my way out to shoot compaq.

Fiocchi F3 Piston 8.5 through my Perazzi MX8 HPX DSR  33". Fixed half 'n' half at 30 yards.

P1040494.JPG

P1040496.JPG

I patterned my gun once, never again. At 40 yards the pattern was so bad with 1/2 choke and 7 1/2 shot cartridges that I thought that it would never break a clay there were gaps bigger than a clay in it everywhere. But using the same cartridges it breaks clays well at that distance even with less choke. Weird

I patterned my gun once, never again. At 40 yards the pattern was so bad with 1/2 choke and 7 1/2 shot cartridges that I thought that it would never break a clay there were gaps bigger than a clay in it everywhere. But using the same cartridges it breaks clays well at that distance even with less choke. Weird
Agree. Clays break better than patterns would suggest..

Chill out chaps,has shotstring already been done to death then??

Fiocchi F3 Piston 8.5 through my Perazzi MX8 HPX DSR  33". Fixed half 'n' half at 30 yards.

View attachment 5459

View attachment 5460
Awesome view that.  It has a slightly dense centre but a nice even outer pattern.  Thats how I see the breaks off my clays.  it is rare to get a chip with my Mk38 trap and these shells.  Certainly, with 2 x 3/4 chokes it gives the impression of a fabulous pattern and my breaks with these shells make me look great.  (I am quite vain after all).  I pretty much just keep these 2 in now that I shoot my best scores with them and the breaks give me a lot of confidence.  

Well done on the Patterning!  Much appreciated!

Can't enter into the blue, red or green F3 debate as only shot the reds.

At Beverley at the weekend I was using up some F3 reds for the first barrel for the first three lines of UT and while the F3 breaks were pretty good (and certainly good enough), they were not convincing. Second barrel breaks using FBlacks were equally good as the first barrel breaks even though they were much further out.

For the last round I switched to the F Blacks my lad was using for my first barrel and BAM!! Balls of soot!

Now I know balls of soot are very nice to see but not necessarily the ideal for maximising scores but as I shot my highest score of the day with them as well I think they obviously suit my shooting style and gun/chokes so I'll be sticking with the Blacks....until something else comes along :)

DT
I've been on F Black for about a year now Greg.......yep brilliant shells!

Just figured out that the shot sizes are half out on these;

Red F3's Italian 7.5's  -  UK 7's  2.4mm

Blue F3's Italian 8.5's  -  UK 8's 2.2mm

Green F3's Italian 9's  -  UK 8.5's 2.1mm

Great then.

Back