Fiocchi F3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hull already do a Pro One 8.5 Piston wad!? Been around for over a year! Or rather I've been using them for that long at least!

View attachment 5077
Blackstar Ninja............any chance you could carryout a little surgery on a Pro One Piston please?

Comparing your pic against an F3 they do look different. The Pro One clearly shows 5-6 layers of shot above the wad whereas the Fiocchi has only 2-3.

Can you or anyone shed any light on what makes a Piston Wad..........part or all of it.

Cheers ;)

P1000566.JPG

P1000563.JPG

No prob Simbo, I'll take my best and sharpest scalpel to one and see what they're made of!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I shot Kegworth today 100 FBlacks (94 to count as Kegworth seem to have an aversion to shooting 100 reg sporting when I go :) ) then borrowed 50 F3 piston wad ones for the sportap.

To be honest I couldn't tell the difference I liked both,  in a blind test I couldn't tell you one from the other as I had some Fblacks mixed in with them and failed to notice when I shot them. 

Can't enter into the blue, red or green F3 debate as only shot the reds.

At Beverley at the weekend I was using up some F3 reds for the first barrel for the first three lines of UT and while the F3 breaks were pretty good (and certainly good enough), they were not convincing. Second barrel breaks using FBlacks were equally good as the first barrel breaks even though they were much further out.

For the last round I switched to the F Blacks my lad was using for my first barrel and BAM!! Balls of soot!

Now I know balls of soot are very nice to see but not necessarily the ideal for maximising scores but as I shot my highest score of the day with them as well I think they obviously suit my shooting style and gun/chokes so I'll be sticking with the Blacks....until something else comes along :)

DT

I've not used the Fblack (Sporting) for a while now, but I did move from the Fblue to them because I found them to be smoother/nicer to shoot. Breaks were similar to me, but for another tenner I thought they were worth it from a comfort perspective. 

Best to try some if you can before splashing out on a thousand...

For similar money, try the new Hull sporting 100. Similar patterns to Fiocchi with about half the recoil.

I picked up 500 today to try them, if they are at least as good as the FBlus then I will be pleased. 

Also picked up a slab of Hull Pro Fibre 24gm as a few places require fibre. These are very smooth and hard hitting. Would consider the 28gm as a full time shell if I didn't want to worry about wad choices at grounds.

The hull pro fibre 24g are lovely. Great pattern, no recoil. The 28g ones my mate shot recently made bad confetti. Disappointing. 

The hull pro fibre 24g are lovely. Great pattern, no recoil. The 28g ones my mate shot recently made bad confetti. Disappointing. 
been shooting 24g Pro fibres at fibre required shoots all summer,seem to hit as hard as any 28g and i am told 24g,s pattern better though i have not had them on the plate.

stopped using Fblacks as i had never had a cartridge misfire or be mishapen till i started using them!!

also loving the porting 100 :wub:

Hmmmm.  I like 7 shot. Big balls break everything.....that was until I tried the Blue F3 Pistons in 8 UK shot. I normally use 4HV in UK 7 's and Top 1's for practice .  Lovely patterning Shells in my Mk38 trap. But after I put 50 'Blues' through at Barby yesterday with only 1/4 & 1/2 chokes, I was very surprised at the breaks on rabbits and long tower birds. The 8 shot was breaking going away targets and quartering rabbits into little pieces but best of all the 28 gram  shells were very soft and felt like 24 grams. Really soft and the breaks were more than convincing for me. I felt like I got an even pattern judging by the breaks which also gave a lot of confidence. I also shot my joint personal best of 29/30 with them to add a modicum of credence my experience.  I am going to shoot a thousand to see how I get on but I rather fancy these for the majority of targets with 7's for long edgy crossers.  

Try them I reckon. I thought they were great!

Does anyone know where in the South East, I can purchase F3 Pistons off the shelf rather than ordering them?

Raker's at Southdown have F3 (Red) 7.5's in stock but not me faves!
images

Does anyone know where in the South East, I can purchase F3 Pistons off the shelf rather than ordering them?

Raker's at Southdown have F3 (Red) 7.5's in stock but not me faves!
images
Jeremy at sussex Guns stocks Fiocchi, and I know he had a few different shells in from their range, but not sure which.  Maybe worth giving him a call as I don't think you're a million miles away. 

Bought a few of these today in blue/piston wad flavour and looking forward to trying them out on Sunday. 

Bought them from Ace Shooting Supplies in Sudbury, it's only15 minutes from me and the prices were very good. Anthony Cork (Adams brother) was very nice to deal with and I can recommend them.

Jeremy at sussex Guns stocks Fiocchi, and I know he had a few different shells in from their range, but not sure which.  Maybe worth giving him a call as I don't think you're a million miles away. 
Cheers Woody,

I gave him a call...........1000 in stock............rained off in Brighton, so made the trip over and picked em up!

Had a sneaky look at the O/U Benelli on the rack too! :ph34r:

Good stuff. 

He's trying more and more of the range, so likely he'll get some again. We get all of the stuff for our straw baler there and I'm always nosing about. I tried a slab of f blacks last time but I'm not of a standard to notice the difference between them and the top ones. 

Now I have a gun I'm happy with and shoot well, perhaps I'll give them another go. 

Back