EJ Churchill 2.1.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question..... If it is so easy to get the scores ...and it is all linked to shoot 08 and the internet......how come CPSA does not get them up immediately? Not wanting to be controversial here...but we have to play fair. They are not yet up on the CPSA site.
When the scores are sent to cpsa (as a csv file) , someone has to check them, check why there are zero scores or issues, then submit them to the site. Then they won't show until the next day.

Over Christmas Cpsa have been closed until yesterday (Thursday) so despite our 29th and 30th Dec scores going to them on weds, nothing can happen with them until they are back in the office. Trudy has dealt with them today so they will show tomorrow.

Our scores have been on our website in full since Wednesday.

Ally

Ally I was not looking for Weston I was looking for EJC. Thanks for info though from you and Wylye.

Question..... If it is so easy to get the scores ...and it is all linked to shoot 08 and the internet......how come CPSA does not get them up immediately? Not wanting to be controversial here...but we have to play fair. They are not yet up on the CPSA site.
I think, if all the CPSA did was publish the output from shoot08, then it could be done instantaneously - but actually they get loaded into the database and all the queries that add them into your classifications and personal score histories. If that was my system, I'd have those queries run overnight in a single batch to give you a full service in the morning.

Just an IT view on how that would work best... Notwithstanding the break for Xmas and new year and the probable lack of staff.

I still don't get why there is a delay of 1 month for prize money?
You know what, there isn't. What they mean is that the prize book isn't sorted until the next day, so if you don't go back until the next shoot, then that is a month in effect. I have dropped in a few days after a shoot midweek and they have paid it to me.

Well done Sara.....one of the 3 good ones heading up the ladies on 82.....beating a massive amount of the men :laugh:

Right folks! Much activity at EJ Churchill re this prize thing. They are very concerned that their customers should feel happy with the system. Transparency is top of the agenda and a revised system for prizes will be finalised and announced this coming week. (No I don't have the details yet).

Ever since Rob Fenwick moved the shoot to a Thursday a few years back, (to give a clear run away from the Saturday club shooters) his only goal was to put on what the shooters want. Clarifying and sorting the prize system is hopefully the last step required to complete this.

Happy shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Will.....and Well Done EJC..!

I have been quite surprised at some of the comments over this thread.

Criticism started based mainly on prize fund, comments about expecting results instantaneously for one reg shoot.

Then it got into comparing non-like for non-like. If we are being honest and fair...you cannot really compare the work load of a small company like Steve and Ally's who put on registered shoots on other peoples ground at weekends as their only function (even though it involves a lot of work and they put on great hard shoots) with a large company like EJC where their shooting ground is open several days a week....has a massive infrastructure and investment into the sport....where reg shoots are only a small part of the main business of running a shooting ground, selling guns, giving hundreds of lessons, being a recognised events venue for things like University shoots, fund raising shoots, charity shoots and the even this year a World Championship......and who want 'everyone' to enjoy shooting and go away with a smile on their face.

An interest in putting on registered shoots is one thing...but....being expected to adjust your brand to accommodate them is another...!!

There is absolutely no reason that you cannot pick up prize money at the next shoot or call in for it.

Especially as some never stay to collect their prize money anyway because they are doing 3 shoots in a day....they do not moan about the system. The ones who tend to moan are the ones how have not won any anyway...... :laugh:

It's a competition Nicola, I don't think people are asking too much to know who the winners are at the end of the 'race'.  Doesn't really matter how big or small the company, if you set out to do a job it should be done to the best of your capabilities.  I get the impression people were feeling a little bit pushed aside and not valued.  Not great customer service.

Glad they're going to sort it out though.

Ally 

It's a competition Nicola, I don't think people are asking too much to know who the winners are at the end of the 'race'.  Doesn't really matter how big or small the company, if you set out to do a job it should be done to the best of your capabilities.  I get the impression people were feeling a little bit pushed aside and not valued.  Not great customer service.

Glad they're going to sort it out though.

Ally 
Well that is your take on it Steve  but my take on it ......as a 'non-expert' at sporting....is that it was very enjoyable shoot....nice targets that you could actually hit....nice friendly staff at the ground...and we came away thinking that we had had an enjoyable day.......and further more......that we could have done better.

I think i have know you long enough Steve to tip in with the following point because in all this thread it has been worrying me.... I really do not think it is 'de rigeur' for one shoot competition organiser to criticise other ground owners ways of doing there own shoots. You should really keep your powder dry because you may influence others into viewing things differently....or even unduly influencing beginners...who...would actually not only like that shoot.....but would probably hit a few and go away happy.......JUST SAYING....!

As for size..............................size is everything as you well know. 

thi was a steady shoot no doudt about it , i should have had a 98 or possibly not missed any apart from the fast away mid which is my bogey target and when it flys hard into an orange bank tricky to focus on 

. i think the scores would have been higher genrally today if a bit more spring was wound onto the traps as alot were dying when you shot them and if not careful you were in front and over the top . folks said to me about the battue stand being hard but on one of my shoots that would have been a mediocre fill in stand .

i always think looking at ejc with a fresh pair of eyes why we dont shoot more good crossers off the tops of their banks , maybe shot fallout or some other restrictions .

we heard a few moans today about the scorers upsetting people but must say myself and harry found them really polite and good 

still got concerns about the worlds , fitasc sportrap and prelim all on the ground might be a bit cramped , but they might be able to extend somewhere else we will see 

but all in all a very good sociable day out 

anyone know what the prize fund was and how many places we paid per class , that seemed to be a hot topic of conversation this afternoon

steve
To refresh your memory as to how the talk of scores and payout started.....Page 2 post 37....yours. Until then everyone was discussing their enjoyment.....true story.

Nicola firstly I did not comment above it was Allison

Secondly I thought the shoot was fairly good on Thursday , 12 stands helped , dodgyarking in two stands , one was due to alot of breakdowns which seemed to go on all day

Thirdly I am not bitching about other ground owners as probably you think I just want reg shoots run correctly or as near as damn it

And I will go back next month and shoot again as I have over the last 5 years as a loyal supporter

One main point if I overlook something or miss something as I have done in the past ( not very often ) every man and his fog will quite rightly tell me , but when I see something not right I am bitching about other grounds !!!!!!

Keep smiling Nicola and best we leave this alone now , because I'm getting quite wound up with it

Good bye and god bless

down to 5- 1 now !!!!!!!!

do you mean to do a re entry at ejc or re entry with me , oopppps silly me cant do a re entry with me we are a competition ground ,if only a small one 

Last edited by a moderator:
I only speak my own honest opinion....folks.

I hate anybody slagging off or anyone making negative comments about any ground who puts on competitions big or small. They all put a lot of hard work and effort into it...which ever ground it is. And as all grounds know....in what ever discipline they put on.......you never please all the people all the time.

As i keep saying...shooters need grounds more than 'shooting grounds' need shooters. If it gets too much of a hassle dealing with the moans of shooters...they just stop putting registered shoots on.

I suppose it is hard to wear the hat or a shooter and a course setter.....but i really do think that it is best to keep your powder dry. Simply because you never know how a shooter....any and all kinds of shooters ...are likely to read it....especially the Facebook one.

Not wanting to upset anyone here to be quite clear.....it is just my opinion on what i have read here and on Facebook. And i suppose i can have an opinion after shooting it....

I enjoyed it...and went home happy.

Everyone's view or the hardness or easiness of any shoot is never the same and often depends on how they shot, their aspirations and whether they meet they ...and just the luck of the day.

No shoot is easy until they are all in the bag......just saying..

One man;s easy bird is another man's nightmare...true story..

Back