DT10 or DT11?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing that the 11 does better, the recoil thing is highly subjective and certainly easy to disprove. One thing we hear very little about but which could be in the DT10's favour is regarding fibre/felt wads, not too important for clays but most people shoot a bit of game with theirs and I have yet to see a detailed test of the DT11 and how it handles fibre/felt. 

Both are superbly well made but so long as you can find an unworn DT10 it is quite hard to justify the extra expense, if I'm honest I can't even justify the difference from a 682 to a DT10, not scores wise anyway.

Shot my DT 11 with fibre only this weekend nothing wrong with the breaks, anything that didn't break I wasn't on, but my scores were well below average as they always are when I shoot fibre thru any gun, I hate them the lack of recoil just hate everything about them

Shot my DT 11 with fibre only this weekend nothing wrong with the breaks, anything that didn't break I wasn't on, but my scores were well below average as they always are when I shoot fibre thru any gun, I hate them the lack of recoil just hate everything about them
You should be getting MORE recoil with fibre cartridges. If less, you really are using junk or they don't suit the gun. Try some gamebore volocity fibres.

You should be getting MORE recoil with fibre cartridges. If less, you really are using junk or they don't suit the gun. Try some gamebore volocity fibres.
As Will said, I shoot kent fibres through my DT at times, and if you want to feel some recoil you won't be disappointed. Also give ok breaks as well

Hull pro fibre, shot game bore velocity fibre before and they were worse iv never used a fibre wad for clays that are even close to plastic. Even thru the 687 I had and that was .723 barrel, iv shot some game fibre wads that were punchy but for clays plop instead of bang, I hate them

I only shoot one clay ground that's fibre only and only a few times a year so regardless of price what is the best fibre shell, a slab a year won't break the bank

Hold on hold on hold on, not feeling the love towards fibre here, are youse saying you can tell the difference between fibre and plastic ?  :biggrin:   :mail:   :eek:nthequiet:

If I'm honest every 11 I have picked up feels horrible, maybe I've been unlucky but there isn't anyone really shooting one well. All the beretta sporting lads that got one have gone back to their 10s or something different completely.

Maybe a coincidence but I just don't rate them personally
You bitch!!! You groped my DT11 at the Troy foods last year and said it was "almost shootable" but it was "too lively for you"...now you say she's "horrible"...even after all the surgery she's went through to make her fit me, all the oiling and waxing she has endured to seal her grain and finish the woodwork...now she's sobbing her heart out in the gun cabinet, feeling dirty and violated after Solomons 'fingered her trigger' before mounting her several times, thank God he only mounted but didn't shoot!!! :eek: ...

Sadly the DT11 is not feeling the love and never lived up to anyone's expectations.

Now can we get back to making guns with 'legal' bore sizes?

Shot with the dt 10 for about 10 years after wearing the old girl out and having it tightened three times

Time for a new gun picked up a few dt 11 s and quickly realised that unless you've got massive hands

And like a heavy gun there only good for knocking in fence posts around the farm

Luckily sourced one of the last new dt 10 s and happily shot that untill moving on to present krekolff

Sadly the DT11 is not feeling the love and never lived up to anyone's expectations.

Now can we get back to making guns with 'legal' bore sizes?
You've really got a chip on your shoulder about the bore size Peter?!?!

Anyway, back on track, :crazy:    reading the comments I think I'll plum for the DT10 as option 1, (once the funds have arrived)  when I get the chance i'll test an 11 just to be sure though.
I think the new DT11 with the carbon fibre action will lighten it all up though, In the country in a few months I think. Errmmm does one wait ??

The new auto looks a little intereting as well
(will post some pics if I can ever work out how)  :haha:

James,

Yes I do have an issue with DT11 bore size which was blatantly an 11 bore ( coincidence DT11 ???????)but because Beretta have so much influence, and the British Proof Laws and CIP regulations differ so much, we the British complied with obvious, flagrant flouting of British Proof Law.

All that being said you are possibly the only chap who actually likes a DT11! Many DT11 owners have forsaken the DT11 and gone back to DT10's .

But it wouldn't do for us all to be the same , would it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had both 10 and 11. 11 was heavier and had slightly less recoil than 10. To be honest they are both good, but I couldn't say that those overbored barrels give better patterns. If I had the choice of my old 11 or my old 10 I think I would chose the 10.

James,

Yes I do have an issue with DT11 bore size which was blatantly an 11 bore ( coincidence DT11 ???????)but because Beretta have so much influence, and the British Proof Laws and CIP regulations differ so much, we the British complied with obvious, flagrant flouting of British Proof Law.

All that being said you are possibly the only chap who actually likes a DT11! Many DT11 owners have forsaken the DT11 and gone back to DT10's .

But it wouldn't do for us all to be the same , would it?
Welcome back GrumpyOne, it's good to see your old self back again.

The Vow of Silence wouldn't have been good for him. A narrow escape.

I must say i pleased with my dt11 I shot the10 and personley ilikethe 11 better but I'm no shrinking violet and I like a heavy gun and it. All comes down to you? In ten years time you will all be saying 11 better then the12 pay your money make you choice!!!!

Back