I have bought a new gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timps

I have only had Brownings and Berettas, with the last few years being exclusively Beretta. My 682 gold E wasn't being used by me or my son who now has more interested in teenage girls, Rugby & Computers.

A friend has been asking to buy the 682 for some time but my son was sulking about losing the gun he never uses and I am too soft as he is a good lad that never asks for anything.

My new idea was sell the 682 and my Al391 and buy something different that I would use more.

The ideas of Krieghoff and Perazzi entered my head but realistically that would mean the DT 10 going as well, I was reluctant to get rid of a gun I knew I could shoot for one I didn't so counted them out.

The 682 never missed a beat but then it doesn't get used much, the DT 10 has had a new locking bar, the coating on the receiver flaking and 2 separate issues with ejector timing over its 12 year life but never let me down for a shoot. However the new Beretta range didn't inspire me and after reading the forums that a few have had issues with them as well I decided on a change.

I didn't fancy Browning/Miroku just by the simple fact I had had two of them previously.

After trying a friends Caesar Guerini and going to a test day I decide to fall for the hype and get one of those.

I purchased a Summit Accent, the build quality seems really good and I like the value for money, the case is a Negrini and you get 8 chokes.

My initial findings are:

The adjustable stock is streets ahead of the plastic memory system on my Beretta and a doddle to set up.

I like the tapered raised rib, I tried the full on raised rib from another model and couldn't stand it but this one sits in between and I just like it a lot, it was one of the reasons that attracted me to this gun. I seem to see more with less clutter without being too far disjointed from the gun, shooting it I actually forget it has a slight step in the rib, the same cannot be said for the full on raised rib which just freaks me out.

It weighs the exact same as my DT 10 at 8 pound 6oz the balance point is between the hands on both guns. The DT 10 has a slightly rearward bias and the Assent slightly forward, I added some weight in the stock to balance it just like the DT 10 but I actually prefer how it came standard so the weight is now back in the tool box but easy enough to put back if I feel the need.

The chokes although I have not patterned them seem to give a tad tighter pattern than my standard Beretta just on reading the breaks alone. This is with Olympic blues and F blacks like for like so not at all scientific. I am very happy with the breaks and seeing as I have got all the half size chokes with the gun getting the right set up for me is not going to cost a thing. I tend to leave the same chokes in apart from rabbits, the gun also seems to shoot very flat which I like.

The comb, forend and grip are all slimmer than on my DT 10 but I have never come across a DT 10 with wood work close to mine in the UK. It was a 2nd hand import from a Doctor in the USA and not too sure if it's custom or the USA have different dimensions. Either way I prefer the slimmer set up of the Summit and it doesn't feel razor slim like my 682 did compared to the DT10, sitting somewhere in between and just right for me.

The trigger position is adjustable infinitesimally and the trigger pull is really good, better than my 682 gold E but not as good as the DT10.

I shot a FITASC comp with it, I ended up with a score the same as when I shot FITASC last time, I did, however, have the highest score of my squad for one parcour and considering I fluffed the first parcour due to mounting it like my fat DT 10 I was happy with the overall score first time out and gun down.

The gun did generate some interest as one good well known FITASC shooter / ground owner borrowed it to shoot two parcours just for a test.

Those are my ramblings as I am bored after a minor operation and not at work. I really like the gun and glad I made the change. It does come with the caveat that I still have new gun syndrome and in six months time it could well be for sale on gun trader as the worse thing I have ever bought. It does look like my son now has a DT 10 he won't use rather than a Caesar Guerini though. :)

9A0B383B-D116-4FA8-882F-EA15ABB32E45_zpstndv9xil.jpg

B433D521-E6D2-406B-8E6F-6853BF37998A_zps1rmlnmyt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely gun, I had one for a short period last year and really liked the mid height rib, also as you say the adjustable Combe is one of the better on the market. One of the guns I probably shouldn't have sold.

Hope you are recovering well and thanks for that read as it saved me from contemplating sticking my head down the toilet and flushing it so bad is my day going.

Hope you are recovering well and thanks for that read as it saved me from contemplating sticking my head down the toilet and flushing it so bad is my day going.
It's Friday the 13th...and I bet your days not worse than mine

It's Friday the 13th...and I bet your days not worse than mine
Probably not as you have to stick your hands in people's gammy mouths.  I have to ask - are you ever afraid they may just bite you?

I agree with you about the rib you know its there but unobtrusive. I bought the same gun last year and as a fan of beretta guns it was a leap of faith one i am now glad i made. The only change i made was a trap forend as i find them more comfortable. Nice guns.

I keep talking myself out of trying one for the fear i'll really really want one once my personal sh*t is dealt with hopefully later this year it might just go on the shopping list!

I agree with you about the rib you know its there but unobtrusive. I bought the same gun last year and as a fan of beretta guns it was a leap of faith one i am now glad i made. The only change i made was a trap forend as i find them more comfortable. Nice guns.
I was given the choice of swapping to a trap forend for mine when I bought it. I toyed with the idea because both my 682 and DT10 have beavertail trap forends and I really don't like schnabel forends.
I do like the forend on the Assent though, it's a slimmed down beavertail rather than schnabel and I thought I would try something different.

If I wasn't keeping the DT 10 maybe I wouldn't have been so brave :)

I bought an Invectus in September after I sold a DT10 in July, it's a nice gun to shoot the only alteration is a Kick-ezee pad. The only odd part about it is the ejector timing, there is a delay before the empties eject compared to any other gun I've owned.

I find the trigger very good and I'm happy with the quality of the metalwork and the wood to metal finish is excellent.

I bought an Invectus in September after I sold a DT10 in July, it's a nice gun to shoot the only alteration is a Kick-ezee pad. The only odd part about it is the ejector timing, there is a delay before the empties eject compared to any other gun I've owned.

I find the trigger very good and I'm happy with the quality of the metalwork and the wood to metal finish is excellent.
Tame Smith will fix timing just hits it with a hammer.

Well I shot my first registered sporting comp with the new gun today, ended up with 88 ex 100 (sporting) so anyone want to buy a DT 10 :) ...

I really do like the mid raised rib on this gun, I don't think I would go back to a flat one now.

Hope you do well with it ! The are popular down here and most seem fine but one of the guys has a problem with double discharges he sometimes get a couple per round! Don't k now why does not have it looked at to be honest must be under warranty the have a 15 one don't they?

Depending on year - I think it is from 2010 onwards that they have a 10 year warranty - and it is transferable as well - unlike what some shops tell you :(

Yep a 10 year mechanical warranty that goes with the gun in the UK regardless of owner. I rang up the importers to see if I needed to activate it or fill in a card and was told it's all done on the serial number as the importers have a log of when it was made and when and where it was sold.

But this does differ from country to country as the USA has a lifetime non transferable warranty that needs a card to be returned  within 30 days  after purchase.

The card that comes with the gun from Guerini  says 2 years and not too sure if it is transferable or not, so it's a 2 year manufacturers warranty topped up with a distributor's warranty. 

Edit to add: it is non transferable on the 2 year one from Guerini.

Latest posts

Back