CPSA General Rule

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High gun prize isnt or shouldnt be taken from prize fund for comp ntries in each class.Any worthy ground solely sponsors the high gun prize from its operational costs !!!.

Just Saying ......
Agree entirely, but i know one ground i shoot at regularly who have when asked stated they pay high gun from comp entries.I shall just ask at the counter when i pay on, a yes and i will stick to birds only.

Agree entirely, but i know one ground i shoot at regularly who have when asked stated they pay high gun from comp entries.I shall just ask at the counter when i pay on, a yes and i will stick to birds only.
In that case, i wouldnt shoot there anymore !!!

Maybe if the class comp money went to that class more people would go comp,so the rule book needs changing if members want that.So it needs to read overall hg if wanted should be supplied by the ground and each class get paid out of comp entries for that class.

Which ever way you split it up? Someone will bitch! The worst thing that has happened in recent years is the birds only class!

We didn't have all this sh*t when it was competition only!

may as well rip up the rule book. followed cheats the last two weeks. nothing changes.
Hi Jasper, what were they doing? I’ve not seen much cheating going on, or maybe I just didn’t realise when people were cheating. What is the main things they do and why don’t they get caught?

cheers, David

I know of at least one ground that charges less to enter a registered comp if your a member at there, always thought that was a bit off.

I know of at least one ground that charges less to enter a registered comp if your a member at there, always thought that was a bit off.
Greenfields used to charge £30 for their reg ESP shoots if you were a member, this being up to 25% cheaper than elsewhere, a couple of quid more for non members was still substantially cheaper and it automatically meant you were in comp and entitled to win money too. 

Then apparently of all people a certain person connected with the CPSA complained that this was wrong (which it technically is) and insisted matters be put right. So the upshot was they just stopped doing reg shoots so now we have to travel a minimum of 70 extra miles for the privilege of shooting average targets and pay more, job jobbed. 

If it a,nt broke why try and fix it if you do,nt like the game do,nt play it quit wineing  and wingeing

Last edited by a moderator:
Greenfields used to charge £30 for their reg ESP shoots if you were a member, this being up to 25% cheaper than elsewhere, a couple of quid more for non members was still substantially cheaper and it automatically meant you were in comp and entitled to win money too. 

Then apparently of all people a certain person connected with the CPSA complained that this was wrong (which it technically is) and insisted matters be put right. So the upshot was they just stopped doing reg shoots so now we have to travel a minimum of 70 extra miles for the privilege of shooting average targets and pay more, job jobbed. 
Hammy you know thats not the reason they stopped holding registered shoots don't you?

Hammy you know thats not the reason they stopped holding registered shoots don't you?
My first reaction was it perhaps had something to do with the fact they're winding down and didn't want to renew their CPSA affiliation but the info above is straight from the horses mouth who has worked there for over 50 years. There is a fair bit of fake news every which way admittedly. 

Maybe if the class comp money went to that class more people would go comp,so the rule book needs changing if members want that.So it needs to read overall hg if wanted should be supplied by the ground and each class get paid out of comp entries for that class.
That was a rule in the last set of updates & i for one have always ensured that all prize monies funded by that class stays in that class

My first reaction was it perhaps had something to do with the fact they're winding down and didn't want to renew their CPSA affiliation but the info above is straight from the horses mouth who has worked there for over 50 years. There is a fair bit of fake news every which way admittedly. 
So maybe treating all entries in a fair and proper manner rather than discounting some shooters had nothing to do with the demise of the ground?

So maybe treating all entries in a fair and proper manner rather than discounting some shooters had nothing to do with the demise of the ground?
Demise is a bit melodramatic  ^_^ , Greenfields are a couple of centuries old, own land and property mere mortals can only dream of, they still have six days opening and the shop, they have two car parks to cope with the typical Sunday morning entries they get even now. They only started doing reg shoots as the demand seemed so high locally and as I have explained quite clearly the cost to enter one of their shoots was (and still is) significantly lower than any shoot I can think of (even for a non member); for that they also got entered into the cash pot and as we all know even the bird only crowd occasionally outshoot the rest of us and I am sure the odd shooter would have been chuffed for the small drink. 

Somebody decided to bite our collective nose off to spite his face, now we have no reg shoots but the Gods of "proper manner" are no doubt sleeping well on their cuckoo cloud. So now the same person like the rest of us is presumably having to travel 70 odd extra miles to get to shoot at places that use bare fields as car park with a floating turd chemical toilet instead of flush loos and hand washing facilities, thankfully another one I like to go to has recently made repairs to the "mad mile" track surface which had become almost impassable for ordinary cars. 

The amendment reads.

Rule 1.4 new paragraph before section (a).

In all Cpsa registered shoots, be they normal shoots or any championship,all prize money funded from members entry fees will be paid partly to high gun / runner up/ third ( if advertised) and the remainder distributed amongst the classes. When no high gun is paid all monies will be paid only amongst the classes. In all cases the apportionment will be at the discretion of the shoot organisers. Prize money from members entries will not be paid in the categories:- seniors , ladies, juniors, veterans nor super veterans. If money is provided from any other source. E.g sponsorship, then this may be paid in the categories if so advertised.

So basically the ground can pay £500 high gun and stuff the rest. 

Or maybe they'll put the comp entry up to compensate. 

Birds only for me. 

Really think the grounds should advertise whether on not they are taking high gun prize from our money. Then as least we can make an informed  choice where to shoot. 

Jasper.

Let's be sensible about this!  If you had 150 entries at £5.00 per head in competition that is £750.00 prize money!

£100.00 H.G leaves £650.00 to be shared out in classes 4 classes AA, A,  B, C. You don't have to do Ladies  Juniors  or Veterans

If you don't wish to?  The ground can split the £650..00 as they wish? Normally first in class gets the same amount e.g. £50.00 or £60.00 .

Normally one prize in class every five shooters so if A  class has 15 shooters 3prizes are given 1,2,3,

And this is the point. some have been whingeing about the lack of high gun money.  So someone changed the rules to accommodate a higher high gun prize at no detriment to the grounds profit.But it would seem to the detriment of all others. I have no desire to fund high gun money. Simples. So I won't. If the ground wants to entice a couple of top shooters in with a high gun prize which few of us have the chance to win , then they should fund it themselves. 

I repeat birds only for me from now. I started it today and have probably lost some prize money. But I have some principles. Unlike some it would seem .

Jasper.

Let's be sensible about this!  If you had 150 entries at £5.00 per head in competition that is £750.00 prize money!

£100.00 H.G leaves £650.00 to be shared out in classes 4 classes AA, A,  B, C. You don't have to do Ladies  Juniors  or Veterans

If you don't wish to?  The ground can split the £650..00 as they wish? Normally first in class gets the same amount e.g. £50.00 or £60.00 .

Normally one prize in class every five shooters so if A  class has 15 shooters 3prizes are given 1,2,3,
Too technical Cyril. Can you explain with pictures instead?

So are we saying that grounds have always had the option to pay high gun from the prize fund? Have I missed something?

Happy to be enlightened. 

Jasper

Back