'Caddied Round'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your a spoil sport Paul I was having fun with the southern sporting softies; )

I don't even know what one of them is mate :)

I don't mind paying for clays, I don't even mind paying for a caddy if needs be, but charging me corkage to use my own shells, well, they can kiss my hoop before that happens :)

This wasn't at Churchills but another high end shoot.

I asked the details about their caddies round and was told at this ground it was £56 for a caddied 100 practice sporting, this was up to an hour with the caddie and then £20 per 100 extra clays used in that hour. Then £7 corkage on your own cartridge's!!!

Thought it was pretty pricey but wanted to treat a couple client. 

When it came to paying, they charged for the caddie three times even though we only hand one caddie and returned within the hour!

I assumed it wouldn't make a difference how many people shot as long as we didn't go over the hour. But I was wrong.

Ended up costing a fortune!

Just make sure your clear before going!
​I think a name and shame is called for to warn others.  That is gross!  And corkage as well!  Obscene in my humble opinion!  I would certainly like to avoid that ground in future!

​I think a name and shame is called for to warn others.  That is gross!  And corkage as well!  Obscene in my humble opinion!  I would certainly like to avoid that ground in future!
Well they ought to be man enough to justify their own charges.  I an sure that everyone will vote with their feet one way or the other!

No PM yet by the way!

I don't even know what one of them is mate :)
Sequence of 30 targets thrown for 2 to shoot at. Usually frantic without much time to reload. 

Very good fun snd the winners get..You guessed it... BEER.

I was looking as Bisley Shooting Grounds instructor prices and saw they also charge "corkage". The fact that someone is at a level enough to want to spend £115 an hour on instruction would indicate they already shoot their own cartridges so would be the vast majority of customers. Certainly put me off ever using them.

There is only one word for charging someone to use there own .... and only one word for anyone stupid enough to pay it.

Unfortunately I am a gentleman and would never post such a word so please add suitable word of your choice.

London Shooting School charges a 'Green Fee' of £14 for anyone using there own cartridges. I personally think this corkage/green fee is a disgraceful con and grounds that do this should be given the cold shoulder. Interested to see if they try and charge this on 20 June.

West London you mean? Surely they don't charge this corkage on a caddied round? A lesson perhaps? For sure; no way will they do this at the CPSA shoot.

The other very good EJ Churchill opportunities are the Wednesday and Thursday evenings; from 3pm.

Wednesday is £6 for 25 bird layouts, STR and skeet. No booking, all with scorers included.

Thursday evenings £17 for 5 sporting over 5 or 6 stands, scorers included. No booking.
​Hi Will

Thanks for recommending this, I went last week and was surprised white how good it was.  A great lay out and really friendly people running the traps (with the exception of one guys who was clearly hoping to just sit in the sun with no one bothering him) other people there were great too!  i will definitely be back, even if it did take 2.5 hours to get home...

Back