'Caddied Round'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I shall await my invitation to attend and promise to don best cap and donkey jacket but I demand to be collected by heli or private plane.

Cheers I may take you up on that one day. And I won't forget about the kit kat so don't try and get out of it ;)

Basically the caddie is paid for out of the £56 they charge for the first 100 clays. I had to pay £56 for the first 100 each of us shoot even though there was only one caddie. We ended up shooting 300 clays on two compak stands between 3 of us in just under an hour and it cost £189. And I took my own cartridges. 

In the North we like change from 25 pounds for 100 birds.It pays for the pies.

I don't get it... Why have a caddy if there's 3 of you.. How hard can it be to push a button??
​Ah Yes,...........BUT it is the  'advice' whether you need it or not that you are paying extra for. All of the grounds that I go to, that 'advice' is usually given quite freely !  In fact often thank the Gods that I am deaf.    :cool:

Most control boxes for self use trap have a no bird button. You could if you wanted to press this button and shoot twice the number you paid for. Very occasional you see someone no birding a bird they missed just cos they want a practice these shooters are then tarred and feathered and dragged out of town behind an available horse mule or donkey.

Trap shooters police themselves.

Just saying.
​Told You, see.........Coppers are bent !

Sian I as you know have shot this sporting malarkey with Phils who incidentally by northern standards is like aristocracy BUT it did not seem very posh to me. Wet cold muddy nah I will stick with my warm covered trap layout :)
Nice of you to say so old chap (doffs cloth cap and makes Greyhound lie down).

will have you shooting sportinsporting agai, not sure where/when yet though?

But I have to say that Churchills, although well appointed and equipped,  does sound very expensive, and I too would baulk at paying "corkage" on my own bloody cartridges?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice of you to say so old chap (doffs cloth cap and makes Greyhound lie down).

will have you shooting sportinsporting agai, not sure where/when yet though?

But I have to say that Churchills, although well appointed and equipped,  does sound very expensive, and I too would baulk at paying "corkage" on my own bloody cartridges?
Let's be clear folks. The crazy ground mentioned by the OP is not Churchills, which is not that pricey and there is no corkage charge etc..

IPS, stop baiting the southern hedge monkeys!

I have actually shot at EJC and can confirm it is a fabulous facility with many and varied target presentations, including grouse butts, high towers, hell, they even had DTL layout! I was there with a client and shot about 75 sporting with a caddie. Really enjoyable experience overall. Can't recall how much it cost but didn't seem unreasonable at the time ( for corporate entertainment anyway).

It is obviously a business and provides a very high standard of facilities for its customers. This standard of facility costs money. if the CPSA had a Premier Plus Plus ground rating EJC would be in it.

DT

IPS, stop baiting the southern hedge monkeys!

I have actually shot at EJC and can confirm it is a fabulous facility with many and varied target presentations, including grouse butts, high towers, hell, they even had DTL layout! I was there with a client and shot about 75 sporting with a caddie. Really enjoyable experience overall. Can't recall how much it cost but didn't seem unreasonable at the time ( for corporate entertainment anyway).

It is obviously a business and provides a very high standard of facilities for its customers. This standard of facility costs money. if the CPSA had a Premier Plus Plus ground rating EJC would be in it.

DT
I agree, I have only visited yhe ground when passing and from what I could see it looks a good ground and next time im down there meeting times permitted I'll have a shot.

Hopefully their trap proposals will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back