'Caddied Round'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wasn't at Churchills but another high end shoot.

I asked the details about their caddies round and was told at this ground it was £56 for a caddied 100 practice sporting, this was up to an hour with the caddie and then £20 per 100 extra clays used in that hour. Then £7 corkage on your own cartridge's!!!

Thought it was pretty pricey but wanted to treat a couple client. 

When it came to paying, they charged for the caddie three times even though we only hand one caddie and returned within the hour!

I assumed it wouldn't make a difference how many people shot as long as we didn't go over the hour. But I was wrong.

Ended up costing a fortune!

Just make sure your clear before going!
​there's no way I would have paid the 3x that's just ripping the piss!!!

​there's no way I would have paid the 3x that's just ripping the piss!!!
​Same here, I'll give you the money for three caddies when I get three caddies would have been my free business tip. 

about 6 years ago, on a visit up here, I went with a friend to bisley, Siberia,? I think? lovely shoot  in the woods etc. anyway, it was £42, or so,  a caddy, loan of gun and 100 cartridges and a 100 clays !  was the nicest shoot ive done in years.  has things gone up so much since?

about 6 years ago, on a visit up here, I went with a friend to bisley, Siberia,? I think? lovely shoot  in the woods etc. anyway, it was £42, or so,  a caddy, loan of gun and 100 cartridges and a 100 clays !  was the nicest shoot ive done in years.  has things gone up so much since?
​That would have been plus cartridges, unless you mean 26 years ago. They have a pay and play available now which many people like, but thats not caddied and not particularly cheap.

​Same here, I'll give you the money for three caddies when I get three caddies would have been my free business tip. 
​I don't mind people making a living but a killing is taking the piss!

Will, you may well be correct, maybe my buddy had the cart`s,,,

memory starting to ,,,er,, damn ,what was I saying ? I think,,,,,

This wasn't at Churchills but another high end shoot.

I asked the details about their caddies round and was told at this ground it was £56 for a caddied 100 practice sporting, this was up to an hour with the caddie and then £20 per 100 extra clays used in that hour. Then £7 corkage on your own cartridge's!!!

Thought it was pretty pricey but wanted to treat a couple client. 

When it came to paying, they charged for the caddie three times even though we only hand one caddie and returned within the hour!

I assumed it wouldn't make a difference how many people shot as long as we didn't go over the hour. But I was wrong.

Ended up costing a fortune!

Just make sure your clear before going!
I don't get it... Why have a caddy if there's 3 of you.. How hard can it be to push a button??

Corkage for cartridges whatever next.

Hate to say it but I will "who in there right mind would pay for someone to push a button AND for using your own cartridges" 

I don't get it... Why have a caddy if there's 3 of you.. How hard can it be to push a button??
At EJC and other similarly set up grounds, you just wouldn't want an unknown bunch of shooters wandering around. There are about 100 positions to shoot from, some of which may not be operational on that day. Other things may be going on at the ground, such as a corporate event or lessons, which wouldn't want unguided customers walking in to them. Then of course, the abuse of clays is rife with anybody left with free access to the buttons.

Corkage for cartridges whatever next.

Hate to say it but I will "who in there right mind would pay for someone to push a button AND for using your own cartridges" 
​Not me

At EJC and other similarly set up grounds, you just wouldn't want an unknown bunch of shooters wandering around. There are about 100 positions to shoot from, some of which may not be operational on that day. Other things may be going on at the ground, such as a corporate event or lessons, which wouldn't want unguided customers walking in to them. Then of course, the abuse of clays is rife with anybody left with free access to the buttons.
Poorly set up then !!!

​Not me
Me neither mate nor would I want to give my money to someone who assumes I am a scroat who will nick there clays without paying and therefore makes me pay extra for a chaperone. !!!!

​why not just set up the Claymate system then like other grounds have?

Last edited by a moderator:
​why not just set up the Claymate system then like other grounds have?
They did look at it years ago. All things considered it didn't suit what they do I believe. Scorers on stands is much nicer for the shooter too.. As I also said, it is not always good for people to be able to roam anywhere, due to other activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poorly set up then !!!
Explain? It's a large facility with a well set up range of activities. If you go to a restaurant, you don't wander into the kitchen and see what you can knock up. You have cooks and waiters to make your experience a bit nicer than that and to guarantee quality.

They did look at it years ago. All things considered it didn't suit what they do I believe. Scorers on stands is much nicer for the shooter too..
​To be fair, £39.50 for a (member's) caddied round of 100 sporting is pretty good value. My nearest ground, which has the claymate, charges £35 per 100! I'm sure you would get some good pointers from the caddy, therefore making that very worthwhile. 

​To be fair, £39.50 for a (member's) caddied round of 100 sporting is pretty good value. My nearest ground, which has the claymate, charges £35 per 100! I'm sure you would get some good pointers from the caddy, therefore making that very worthwhile. 
It's very true. I learned a lot early on from it. Also, with beginners, they can get lost with clay mate, shooting the wrong targets for them etc. A caddy knows what is out there and can tailor it to the client. Plus, if you are shooting on your own, it's much nicer to have some company.

Explain? It's a large facility with a well set up range of activities. If you go to a restaurant, you don't wander into the kitchen and see what you can knock up. You have cooks and waiters to make your experience a bit nicer than that and to guarantee quality.
Firstly there are no restaurants or chefs that can make my culinary experience better than I or Mrs ips cos I am an awkward git believe it or not :)

Answer

Surely a ground should be set up in such a way that all customers having parted with there hard earned cash can shoot at there leasure in a relaxed and safe environment without being manipulated in paying extra for a chaperone.

Back