Balance - preferences

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

There seems to be a lot of discussion about gun balance which made me wonder what people prefer, whether it is a discipline thing or just personal preference.

I was wondering what people prefer and why?

There seems to be a lot of discussion about gun balance which made me wonder what people prefer, whether it is a discipline thing or just personal preference.

I was wondering what people prefer and why?
Definitely a right and wrong per discipline. And one of the biggest problems with gun fit and balance is I “prefer” or it’s “comfy” non of these come into play

Last edited:
Defiantly a right and wrong per discipline.

Would love to hear your views on what's right for sporting, trap, and (Olympic) skeet respectively. For the latter my guns are set-up with the balance point slighty rearward.

Definitely a right and wrong per discipline. And one of the biggest problems with gun fit and balance is I “prefer” or it’s “comfy” non of these come into play
What’s you recommend weight distribution for a sporting clays gun then Ben ? And would that also work on a dedicated driven game gun ? Or would would you set that up differently ?

What’s you recommend weight distribution for a sporting clays gun then Ben ? And would that also work on a dedicated driven game gun ? Or would would you set that up differently ?
Again depends on hand placement and stature to get the balance point correct. Game shooting very similar

Quite an interesting discussion, however tuning yourself into a specific c of g greatly reduces your adaptability, the same way as only being able to repeatedly cheek weld with a specific lop is a massive handicap through the seasons
IMO

This varies from person to person. The 2 main school of thought are (1) balance between the hands (2) balance somewhat
forward of that. It is something you have to figure out for yourself which you like.

Back