'Caddied Round'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ips just accept there are two very strong reasons why you cannot accept this type of thing

1.    You are a Northerner

2.     You are a trap shooter

??

It's very true. I learned a lot early on from it. Also, with beginners, they can get lost with clay mate, shooting the wrong targets for them etc. A caddy knows what is out there and can tailor it to the client. Plus, if you are shooting on your own, it's much nicer to have some company.
​I think I would benefit from this as I always get nervous shooting in front of others at Reg comps as I spent a lot of time in my first year or so shooting on my own using the claymate.  

Both very true ;)

I will fetch me coat and me flat cap :)

​To be fair, £39.50 for a (member's) caddied round of 100 sporting is pretty good value. My nearest ground, which has the claymate, charges £35 per 100! I'm sure you would get some good pointers from the caddy, therefore making that very worthwhile. 
​In this context they offer great value.But I believe membership is substantial for EJC.

​In this context they offer great value.But I believe membership is substantial for EJC.
It gets worse. Membership ?

So these type of places are like golf club things were they want you to pay before they will let you  give them your money prob using an excuse that by doing so will keep riff raff types out (like northerners and or trap shooters) and yet you still need a guard to ensure that the high end southern members don't nick any clays. 

Did I ever mention I hate clubs.

As mentioned before, it's good value if you shoot there regularly especially on first time joining as it comes with free rounds. Also discount in the shop.

​yep, best part of £400 per year but even at £50 for a caddied round and a few 'pointers' is better than £35 with no guidance..... I can see how the caddied round would benefit the newbies more than an experienced shot though. 

Last edited by a moderator:

So these type of places are like golf club things were they want you to pay before they will let you  give them your money prob using an excuse that by doing so will keep riff raff types out (like northerners and or trap shooters) and yet you still need a guard to ensure that the high end southern members don't nick any clays. 

In the old days it was a bit elitist I think but they wised up and realised to survive they needed to not only offer membership but draw people in who may not necessarily want membership but would use the facilities regularly.  I think when they first offered membership it was silly money but is much more reasonable now particularly for someone like Will who practically lives there.

Membership is optional. We have all sorts of choices down south. Sorry to confuse. ?

Most control boxes for self use trap have a no bird button. You could if you wanted to press this button and shoot twice the number you paid for. Very occasional you see someone no birding a bird they missed just cos they want a practice these shooters are then tarred and feathered and dragged out of town behind an available horse mule or donkey.

Trap shooters police themselves.

Just saying.

Membership is optional. We have all sorts of choices down south. Sorry to confuse. ?
You southern lot are a funny old lot. So now it's a membership club but you don't need to join. Sounds very liberal.

In the old days it was a bit elitist I think but they wised up and realised to survive they needed to not only offer membership but draw people in who may not necessarily want membership but would use the facilities regularly.  I think when they first offered membership it was silly money but is much more reasonable now particularly for someone like Will who practically lives there.
EJC does a better job of catering to all needs than any other ground I have heard of. Wednesday afternoon / evening 25 target rounds for £6, (to non members who can turn up unannounced) with a scorer. Unbeatable for the budget shooter. Top game instruction with Mark Marshall and everything in-between.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ips my dear it's hard to cheat with up to four others beside you but for those naughty people in sporting it's easier because we are usually wandering around wooded areas and popping out of bushes. ?

On a serious note though it's the posh end of the clay market really.

All well and good for rich southern sorts but us northern lot cannot afford such things as we have weekly expenditure on tripe and the like.

EJC does a better job of catering to all needs than any other ground I have heard of. Wednesday afternoon / evening 25 target rounds for £6, (to non members who can turn up unannounced) with a scorer. Unbeatable for the budget shooter. Top game instruction with Mark Marshall and everything in-between.
I don't disagree Will I like going to EJC when I can sneak off from work.

Ips my dear it's hard to cheat with up to four others beside you but for those naughty people in sporting it's easier because we are usually wandering around wooded areas and popping out of bushes. ?

On a serious note though it's the posh end of the clay market really.
Sian I as you know have shot this sporting malarkey with Phils who incidentally by northern standards is like aristocracy BUT it did not seem very posh to me. Wet cold muddy nah I will stick with my warm covered trap layout :)

Sian I as you know have shot this sporting malarkey with Phils who incidentally by northern standards is like aristocracy BUT it did not seem very posh to me. Wet cold muddy nah I will stick with my warm covered trap layout :)
That's the thing you would remain clean at EJC, proper pathways etc - Will's idea of cleanliness heaven.  The old man will go now and again but he prefers more natural terrain mud and all whatever the weather so that's normal for me.

Back