Bead or no Bead?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuz no centre bead on 682gold e :) Ian's taken it off now when cleaning it for me, so were see next week. If not ill try the other suggestions of small and not white........as I certainly find it distracting ! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The real question here is this: Why is Ian cleaning your gun?
I wondered how long it would take, for someone to pick up on that ;) it's the deal we have he cleans the guns I cook the dinner !

Yeah I think so, I removed the middle one (someone removed) and changed the end white to a brass one, so yes I did!
Might pay to get Ian to fit a brass one first. Someone removed my middle bead too and I have found it alot better since then. Used to sometimes be drawn to the "8" down the rib rather than focusing on the clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
People....the figure of 8 is not meant to be looked at 'when shooting'.....!!

It is part of a gun fit exercise................!!

........just saying :smile:

People....the figure of 8 is not meant to be looked at 'when shooting'.....!!

It is part of a gun fit exercise................!!

........just saying :smile:
This is all looking very familiar Nic! :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have done this topic to death. But just to clarify my thoughts on the matter again, never look at bead / barrel only look for target however one must be aware of the bead / barrel in your peripheral vision otherwise you dont have any target - sight picture correlation. I have over the years done lots of trials and allways go back to small brass one. As for mid beads .... If you need to check alignment every time you mount then something wrong with gun fit or you have a very inconsistent gun mount.

Just my opinion but mid beads are the work of the devil. :)

Don't talk about beads, I have been to beads anonymous to break my addiction.

It is a lonely road few can leave, most bead watchers become trappies. 

Really wish I hadn't asked the question now!

But thank you for the feed back, appreciate it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, look at the trouble you've caused !!

We're always in the sh*t it's just the depth that differs!

I dunno, fancy asking a question that's been answered before, how dare you, anyone would think this is the kind of forum where a beginner asks questions to get the more advanced shooters advice and knowledge, shame on you !

We're always in the sh*t it's just the depth that differs!

Really wish I hadn't asked the question now! But thank you for the feed back, appreciate it. :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
nothing wrong with asking any shooting question on a shooting forum,but if you look in the trap bit,there is a big thread on this subject.  

For the record it wasnt a daft question at all. I started a very similar thread on trap. Doesnt matter to me if topic gets raised again.

Ask anything you like Parkie. It's not compulsory for anyone to participate in threads that don't interest them.

I for one have no interest in the mysteries of the inner workings and perceived skulduggery of the CPSA and therefore don't bother to trek through those everlastingly recycled threads banging on about it and I'm frankly mystified as to what the point is of writing a post explaining that a topic has been discussed before.

What can I say, I'm just a female don't really do forums, I just thought I'd ask.

But I'll let you all know how I get on shooting without a bead!!!!! Because I'm sure you will all be interested :) ;) l.o.l.

What can I say, I'm just a female don't really do forums, I just thought I'd ask. But I'll let you all know how I get on shooting without a bead!!!!! Because I'm sure you will all be interested :) ;) l.o.l. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Do let us know Parkie, most of us are interested in how each other gets on.

just ignore the odd grumpy (not you ips)/sarcastic ones. :console:

Back