Higher visibility front beads ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern

Has anyone used one of these hi viz or fibre optic type from beads ?

I find the white bead on my 694 can disappear against a grey or white sky and am considering changing to something more visible

Reactions: SBL
Has anyone used one of these hi viz or fibre optic type from beads ?

I find the white bead on my 694 can disappear against a grey or white sky and am considering changing to something more visible
I have the same issue with my 694 so keen to see the responses.

I have changed mine to a small red bead, much better for me. I did take the bead off altogether for a long time.

I used to do a bit of coaching for a guy who had taken off the beads from all of his guns and I didn't like it at all, although I could hit the fairly simple targets with them.
My guns have always had white beads which I really do like as they are visible as a reference point when I need it but at the same time unobtrusive, I am aware of it against white sky as a black outline, or against trees etc. not that I stare at it.

My son recently bought a Beretta A300 with a red fibre optic bead which I find too obtrusive. Personally, I don't want anything that is bright enough to draw my attention to it and find it off-putting

How do you remove the standard bead, is it threaded?

So you have 30''-32'' of barrel but you loose site of a white bead on the end on them

So you have 30''-32'' of barrel but you loose site of a white bead on the end on them
No I don't lose sight of it, I said "unobtrusive" by which I meant that it doesn't get in the way or become too visible like a lit up fibre optic bead.

Personally, I prefer the small red bead to white.
I once tried those long day glow beads but didn't get on with them

Yes I’m a bit of a tinkerer . I bought a Browning / Hi Viz fibre sight set a few years back and installed it on a K80 . It had Red and Green light tubes in 2 diameters and solid white in 2 diameters. The base screws into the original sight thread and half a dozen different screws are provided . I kept the small diameter green in for years , very visible . In the end I put the original factory white dot sight back on as all my other guns had white . At around £40 for kit today it’s an inexpensive way to try different colours

https://avalonguns.co.uk/browning-hi-viz-foresight-set-36005.html

I've had a go with both but finally settled on a small white bead. I tried to use a coloured bead as a reference for rabbit clays etc for precision, but my eyes just don't work that way. I just look at a patch of air in front of the target and the bead and barrel dissappear from my vision.

I had one of the Browning variety interchangeable front beads on my ProSport. I found it too off putting. I kept waiting for the red bead to turn green, before pulling the trigger. I changed it for the small white insert.

Yes I’m a bit of a tinkerer . I bought a Browning / Hi Viz fibre sight set a few years back and installed it on a K80 . It had Red and Green light tubes in 2 diameters and solid white in 2 diameters. The base screws into the original sight thread and half a dozen different screws are provided . I kept the small diameter green in for years , very visible . In the end I put the original factory white dot sight back on as all my other guns had white . At around £40 for kit today it’s an inexpensive way to try different colours

https://avalonguns.co.uk/browning-hi-viz-foresight-set-36005.html
How much difference do you think it made ?

To be honest , not a jot of difference . my shooting ability went neither up nor down . It was bright though but not distracting . I took it off and installed a white Krieghoff small bead then sold the gun after a while . I gave the Hi Viz it to a mate who wanted a red sight to replace his white .. go figure .. now I’ve one clay gun with a white bead ( MK38) one game gun with a white bead ( MK60 20 ) and one game gun with a silver bead ( MK11) I might change that for a small white bead just for standardisation.

The bead is kind of a training aid at the beginning but gets more irrelevant later on. I don't recognize it really.

I am always aware of the bead position with regard to the target even though it's only for a split second, it's just the way I shoot, I can't say if it's right or wrong but I can't be the only one.

There are times when shooting floaty targets or targets with a natural pause where I use it like a rifle sight.

I had a whole set for the B725 ProTrap but only used the small white one. On the K80, I first replaced the large white with a small white and finally mounted a 2mm silver midbead at the end of the barrel.

I prefer the mid sized red fibre one on both my Beretta's (692 and DT11). Can't say I really notice the bead unless I consciously use it when comparing lead on repeated tries at a missed clay. I certainly don't find it obtrusive, but then I haven't tried much else on my own guns: had brief stint with a green bead (I think that was mounted on my 692 when I bought it) but changed it to red as I liked a more visible bead against trees and green in the background. I'd care less now, but do like having the same bead on each gun for consistency of view.

Latest posts

Back