14 / 15 December - where have you been and how have you got on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I shot Abbey clay shoot at Detling this morning, And I'll be honest it was hard! conditions were very misty and gusty, then I got to a stand and I was talking to an a well known old feller from this way Colin and he said watch these as we did they were all over the place one second way above the tree line next well below, looking at it i thought I'd be lucky to half it, In i step 8/8 I couldn't believe it! well I got round quickly so went to the hut to check scores, none in so i put mine in thinking it's a starting point and left!

Popped up to JJ's and had an ok round 54/80 I think! so checked the time and thought I have time I can improve on that, round again this time 68/80 second on the board behind a 69 left it at that packed up and waited right at the knockings in goes another 68. 

into a shoot of,f well a stand I cleared 12/12 previously It shouldn't have happened but it did I dropped 3!

so 3rd it was to be!

1506834_10152141125408594_380156_n_zps235d539c.jpg

So go visit the old man as he's quite ill get home think i'll just see what was what at Abbey and I'm chuffed that I also finished 3rd there also 

not a bad day all in all

Ps. the arms are aching!!!
Well done! :)

Sibaldib and I spoke to a chap today, who I thought might be you (692 with JustChoking barrel stickers and Mullers), but wasn't you.

Few tricky stands there today...oddly, all of the ones I wasn't scared of...lesson to be learned there methinks.

Was it foggy at JJ's too?

Well done! :)

Sibaldib and I spoke to a chap today, who I thought might be you (692 with JustChoking barrel stickers and Mullers), but wasn't you.

Few tricky stands there today...oddly, all of the ones I wasn't scared of...lesson to be learned there methinks.

Was it foggy at JJ's too?
Cheers was he about 5'6" smoking roll ups? To be fair it had to be him by the barrel stickers? He was near enough on the same stand as me every time I shot but I don't think he was shooting a 692? It was clear at jj's a bit windy but that just adds to it I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Weston Wood and Horne Gatton Bottom.   Weston Wood was very challenging for me and I had zero concentration level yesterday - so I disappointed myself. Too tired and unable to just get on with it.   Horne - I did better although by the time we got there the weather was horrible.  Roll on next weekend.

Cheers was he about 5'6" smoking roll ups? To be fair it had to be him by the barrel stickers? He was near enough on the same stand as me every time I shot but I don't think he was shooting a 692? It was clear at jj's a bit windy but that just adds to it I think!
Erm...he was "well turned out" had Pilla's on and a flat cap, youngish. Height about right.  Had JustChoking down one side and Gamebore on the other, with a 692.  

Yeah, JJ's gets  a bit windy.

I dropped a clanger at Abbey, I was on for about a 80, but ended up with a 71 ( B) ...

After a heavy night at work crimbo do went to abby suffering!

Shot round for a steady 85 in the end, as always dropped 2 many in the middle of stands when smashing them:(

Went on 2 horne feeling worse. At least I wasn't driving .. shot round for a 80;s not bad but left quite a few out there.

Erm...he was "well turned out" had Pilla's on and a flat cap, youngish. Height about right. Had JustChoking down one side and Gamebore on the other, with a 692.

Yeah, JJ's gets a bit windy.

I dropped a clanger at Abbey, I was on for about a 80, but ended up with a 71 ( B) ...
Yeah that's the same lad it was his mate who beat me in the shoot off at JJ's yeah they were generally on the same stands as me at most times I'm taller 6'3"! 80 would have been a great score 71 isn't to be sniffed at good going all things considered! One thing dud slightly nark me stand 12 one trap failed so you generally got 2 from the same trap then all of a sudden I got one from one and one from the other I suppose it's better than none!

Ps. I wonder if I get a prize from abbey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's the same lad it was his mate who beat me in the shoot off at JJ's yeah they were generally on the same stands as me at most times I'm taller 6'3"! 80 would have been a great score 71 isn't to be sniffed at good going all things considered! One thing dud slightly nark me stand 12 one trap failed so you generally got 2 from the same trap then all of a sudden I got one from one and one from the other I suppose it's better than none!

Ps. I wonder if I get a prize from abbey?
Abbey is normally cash for 100 bird shoots, so yes, probably.  That's why you get all the sand-baggers go there for the cash shoots...like people who enter Novice and shoot a 73.

Yeah, that stand 12.  Was probably the best stand for that to happen on though, slow incommers.  I had a mixture on that one, but managed to straight it.

Abbey is normally cash for 100 bird shoots, so yes, probably.  That's why you get all the sand-baggers go there for the cash shoots...like people who enter Novice and shoot a 73.

Yeah, that stand 12.  Was probably the best stand for that to happen on though, slow incommers.  I had a mixture on that one, but managed to straight it.
I tell you thats my biggest hate of this sport I try not to whinge about it as it would really annoy me if I put it in the forefront of my mind, I hate the self regulation and the fact people pick their class and there are the cheaters no doubt! last week's xmas shoot I had great round 4 stands straight good scores on the rest and got beat by something like 14 really is mid to high 80's a novice score? I'm thinking of shooting something with more regulation next year in fact I'm going to try a few different disciplines next year!

yeah stand 12 was a PITA just because I wasn't expecting it! I might ring Abbey this week and find out the crack!

Stand 12 u needed to shoot low bird first on the way up then shoot high incommer!
I only ever got the high incomer then on about the 4th pair the low one flew out so I wasn't expecting it didn't really matter in all fairness 

Back