1 / 2 Feb....what weekend shenanigans are you all up to?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to Westonwood and then Hornet despite having a cold from hell and a nose to rival Rudolph's! Have fun everybody.

Not Hornet - Horne.

Last edited by a moderator:
No shooting this weekend but an All Round next w/e at Clacton Gun Club.  Hopefully it might have gone 24 hours without raining by then.

Sun is shining and the wind has dropped here on the Isle of Wight...Hope it is the same for everyone...good shooting one and all!!

Shot a 67 at barrow Heath this morning, very good targets as usual, but I let myself down on stand 1 and 2 dropping 13!! :-( pulled it together after that dismal start. The only bad part was the sun, but phil can't do much about that! A very good 97 was winning when I left.

Had a good day! shot a 53/70 at robin hood leading novice when I left so I won't know the final scores until the website gets updated. Then shot a 51/70 at Abbey was also leading there, was going to have a go on the sport trap but it was slow going due to a trap or 2 playing up so went back around and shot a 50/70 and to be honest my shooting on this round was much worse than the original round missed some that should have been dusted if I would have hit them I would have been 60+ but thats life! I left as the stragglers were coming back to take the Mrs shopping so yet again i'll have to wait and check the website!

I also shoot Barrow Heath a really good round , shot ok all the way round droping silly ones here and there went on to the last stand for a 88 and droped 7 :fie:  

for an 81 was gutted just over lead them and keeped going further in front :fie:

Very happy with my performance today...arrived at the IOW Gun club to a chorus of 'hello stranger' and 'aren't you too good to shoot with us these days'...all good natured fluffy rabbits but I did feel a bit of pressure to put in a good score so as not to let all my mainland friends down! 

Anyway to cut a long story short where I describe each stand in detail, put a good score in I did....75....10 above my average and never mind C Class was 4th overall when I left with only a couple of people still out there that I would expect to overtake me. There was a lot of interest in how I got on so I was just pleased to do myself proud, and have a good tale to tell.

Never thought I'd say this but I really missed Steve's targets today....Oh and you lot as well, I do love seeing everyone on a Sunday and catching up. Missed my chauffeur too...but don't worry...as someone famous once said...I'll be back....

Jkc xx

Had a fun Sunday.
Shot 79/100 at Garlands.
Shot 77/100 at Northampton. Gun down in some readiness for Dubai.

Weston wood first - very enjoyable and lovely weather. Just made Horne and were the last two out, the only thing was the sun affected six stands which was extremely tricky for me. Tony just seems to trust himself and hit them when he could not see them but I find that really difficult as my timing just is not precise enough nor my confidence I myself.

Barrow Heath for me as well.a good round and we only had sun probs on 1 stand (half way down the hill) shot my best score with the new gun and was breaking the clays well.which is a first with the 692.so happy with 84.

Despite shooting DTL very badly, 86 246, I managed 3rd in C class at Bisley :biggrin:

Lovely morning at my local club, good company, nice targets, I even managed to break a few...I had fun.. :hunter:

Abysmal performance from myself at garlands 55, couldn't keep concentration at all. Didn't blank an any stands but just couldn't keep consistent. Chalked to down as just a bad day. Roll on next week.

Abysmal performance from myself at garlands 55, couldn't keep concentration at all. Didn't blank an any stands but just couldn't keep consistent. Chalked to down as just a bad day. Roll on next week.
I feel your pain brother as I did similar at Barrow Heath.doooh

Back