£2300 for a Baikal ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like your smitten with it so good for you, it is certainly a tried and tested dtl tool no doubt about that.

I always knew I would take a lot of stick for getting a K80! I'm not saying its a gun for life, but I can say this much, I shoot it no better than a Miroku or a Beretta, but it is the most comfortable gun I've ever shot or owned,it is very well engineered and as new I do believe they are over priced! Yes it is probably a Marmite gun, but even though I know it may not make me shoot any better, I still love it. Yes its a beast of a gun, it has character and I actually get a buzz from shooting the thing, hit or miss. That buzz is something I like, something I've been missing for a long time! Yes its great to win,but enjoying shooting is more important to me these days. I shoot with a wonderful bunch of guys and a wonderful gun, that's all I need these days! Sad but true I'm afraid!
Absolutely!

If you like it, sod everyone else mate.  

Fill yer boots, as we say oop 'ere  :thumbsu:

Sounds like your smitten with it so good for you, it is certainly a tried and tested dtl tool no doubt about that.
Well yes Ian I guess I am kinda smitten with the thing, but I'm not really sure why to be honest mate! Maybe it's because its something completely different to anything I've owned before and even though I don't suffer from recoil issues, I do find the low recoil makes the beast a pleasure to use. It is as you rightly say "a tool", even the most highly decorated K80's, as beautiful as they may be, still look brutal, perhaps that's part of the attraction!!

Yes they do look brutal so will suit anyone with denim :)

Yes they do look brutal so will suit anyone with denim :)
Funny you should say that mate, on the rare occasions that I wear a suit and a tie, my wife just looks at me and says......."now you look like a thug in a suit", wives can say the nicest things!!!!! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, do you remember a few months ago a had a cunning plan to purchase denim trousers and wear them with a smart jacket ?

Well i did, got home tried them on again and realised it was a moment of utter madness, gave them to father in law. Never again will stick to what i know :)

I have seen Coach Solomons break clays using a Baikal. I'm just sorry I didn't take pictures.
Were they in a pile on the floor with him standing over them holding the baikal by the barrel and swinging it like an axe?

Were they in a pile on the floor with him standing over them holding the baikal by the barrel and swinging it like an axe?
Ha! Coach Solomons just has to look at clays and they explode with the force of his shooting genius. And he wouldn't bloody dare, it's my gun.

I know a guy who just won the world FITASC with one, must be ok..!
Yeah well done mate. Then there's that other bloke who just shot 100, 100/300's with one then a few weeks later won the European dtl with one, must have just been lucky I guess! Pmsl!!!

All pales into insignificance on the back of the 25 straight first barrel kills at ABT the other month...

#neverforget

Krieghoff K 80 a epensive copy of the original!     Remington 32.
Here you go Cyril.....a picture of my Remy copy!!!!  They do look rather similar!!!  :biggrin:

post-951-0-98662600-1406108101.jpg

Attachments

• k80.jpg
    k80.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back