Where to buy a gun?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoopdog

I'm in the centre of Northern Ireland so I can go anywhere in Northern Ireland. I want an over and under for shooting clays. I have an old single shot but know nothing about a good or a bad gun.

From lots of reading I now know a gun needs to fit you. I went to a small gun shop who threw out three guns and never checked or mentioned fit. I think I was looking down on the barrel too much which I said and he didn't seem bothered. 

Whats to stop a gun shop selling me their crap that they need rid of?

Can someone recommend me a gun shop who cares and will make sure I buy the right gun?

Everyone asks how much do you want to spend, my question is how much do I need to spend. Its probably only going to be for fun depending if I'm any good.

If you dont buy the top three brands then will the gun be worth very little if upgrading. I'm talking second hand guns.

You're lucky. You've got two excellent gun shops.

Tommy Beattie in Moygashel:

tbeattiegunsandammo.co.uk

and Tannyoky Guns in Newry:

www.tannyokyguns.co.uk

I'll vouch for Tommy. He's a very experienced and successful trap shooter who will see you OK. He has a good selection of new and second hand guns in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoned beattie guns today. I asked what way it worked with covid and could I wipe the stock before putting it to my face. I was told I wouldn't be wiping the gun and I wouldn't be handling over the guns and would only be allowed to touch one if I was really interested in it and intended buying it.

I dont see how they can check which guns fit me etc if I can't touch them.

Phoned beattie guns today. I asked what way it worked with covid and could I wipe the stock before putting it to my face. I was told I wouldn't be wiping the gun and I wouldn't be handling over the guns and would only be allowed to touch one if I was really interested in it and intended buying it.

I dont see how they can check which guns fit me etc if I can't touch them.
The world has gone absolutely crazy over all this virus crap. Take your money elsewhere. 

Hollow Farm Shooting Grounds just outside Comber . Good selection of new and used toys and a skeet, dtl and compact sporting layout to try them out. Gordon and Graham know what they are talking about and will keep you right .

I don't live in NI but from reading the replies you have had I would go to Hollow Farm and try the gun you like on some targets. 

Latest posts

Back