Zoli z gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 years on and with something like 6,000 cartridges fired at sporting, Fitasc sporting and skeet....

I take it you mean 60,000 cartridges at least I hope you do !

5 years on and with something like 6,000 cartridges fired at sporting, Fitasc sporting and skeet....

I take it you mean 60,000 cartridges at least I hope you do !
60K in 5 years sounds like a lot.

Maybe he means 6,000 cartridges at sporting, 6,000 at Fitasc and 6,000 at Skeet ??

DT

Yes DT I will be shooting about 6-8k carts so yes you could be right! I just thought that 6000 over five years was a bit low??

Sorry guys, just looked back at my post on here last night and I think I had a bit of the "don't post late at night" syndrome. What it should have read was "16,000" - oops!! It may have been a bit more than that but no 60,000 I'm afraid. As much as I would like to have shot that many, I don't think my wallet would stand it and most certainly the "one who must be obeyed at all costs" would have said more than a few choice words about it . !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
60K in 5 years sounds like a lot.

Maybe he means 6,000 cartridges at sporting, 6,000 at Fitasc and 6,000 at Skeet ??

DT
not really Greg i get through about 12000 - 15000 per year.

Listen bud with the amount of home repair/building work I do involving spinning saw blades, routers, planers and the like I am lucky I have all mine! Never retire and move to some quaint old house in France!

Ha, not saying it does me any good though :)

Had a chance to handle a Zoli on Wednesday at Capvern. It belonged to a French international trap shooter, unfortunately I could not shoot it because he is  left handed and it has an anatomical pistol grip otherwise I think I could have shot a round with it. All I can say of his particular gun is its fantastic! Its a high rib gun and quite heavy but so well balanced, I think partly because it is a special, the stock is really nice the wood is no to heavily grained. It has places where weights can be added into the stock and the forend to help with balance if needed. Nothing to do with the gun but he was powdering targets when they had travelled about half the distance of the targets others were hitting, he shot five rounds and missed two targets shooting UT. If his is a measure of the guns that Zoli make then they are as good as any other gun I have seen on any shooting ground. I know its not about looks but there was a bloke shooting a Kemen and it looked and felt crap by comparison to the Zoli but then again the Zoli may have been a bit more higher grade of gun. I did not have the front to ask how much he paid for it... if he paid sometime the guys get them for nowt.

Had a chance to handle a Zoli on Wednesday at Capvern. It belonged to a French international trap shooter, unfortunately I could not shoot it because he is left handed and it has an anatomical pistol grip otherwise I think I could have shot a round with it. All I can say of his particular gun is its fantastic! Its a high rib gun and quite heavy but so well balanced, I think partly because it is a special, the stock is really nice the wood is no to heavily grained. It has places where weights can be added into the stock and the forend to help with balance if needed. Nothing to do with the gun but he was powdering targets when they had travelled about half the distance of the targets others were hitting, he shot five rounds and missed two targets shooting UT. If his is a measure of the guns that Zoli make then they are as good as any other gun I have seen on any shooting ground. I know its not about looks but there was a bloke shooting a Kemen and it looked and felt crap by comparison to the Zoli but then again the Zoli may have been a bit more higher grade of gun. I did not have the front to ask how much he paid for it... if he paid sometime the guys get them for nowt.
Close your right eye and shoot it off your left shoulder...

Close your right eye and shoot it off your left shoulder...
It funny I play a bit of guitar and use my left hand for that but I find holding a gun almost impossible on my left shoulder! If it had not had the fancy pistol grip I think I could have shot it of my right shoulder it had very little cast, lovely gun must find out what model it is.

I'm a little late to the party and live in the states, but I do have a high mileage Zoli Z gun. I shoot 25 to 30K targets a year between registered and "practice."

I have access to our sporting course 7 days a week and I'm retired and do set targets at my home club. I've shot(NSCA /60k regstered)for over 20 years.

That is my "history." I might add I had a K80 and never did "meld" with it. I looked ay buying a Perazzi when I bought the Z Gun,I bought the Z gun, mainly for the better silver soldered ribs. I talking to a "Pro" shooter the had many loose ribs (at $1500 per event every time a rib shot loose, and realizing barrel regulation can change when ribs are re-attached) I picked the Zoli. After an estimated 60 to 70K rounds I have had to small issues with my Zoli. A broken screw (my fault) and a broken foreend latch.

Both issues were resolved (new parts sent no questioned asked, even though I am out of warrenty) within a week.

My wood is higher grade than "base" Perazzi wood, and the feel (dynamics) of my Z Gun is in my opinion as good as any of the P guns I have shot. (many friends have Perazzi guns)

Marketing is the only weak point of Zoli. 

I might add here in the States Perazzi guns currently start at $11,500 (dollars). Zoli Z guns start at $6,000, so thay are a good deal.

I didn't buy mine based on Price, but based on durability and barrel regulation.

I have no regrets..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
12 years late to this party / thread ... But from my point of view:

I bought a Zoli Z extra (30") a year and a half ago.. ( after much research and investigation ) - and its been totally faultless in that time - feels well balanced and very very solidly made,
barrels are beautifully blued and I really love the removeable trigger group ( and its superb breaks, not too light, and really crisp) , stunning looking and performing gun, for half the cost of a Perazzi or DT11

It impressed me so much that I just bought a 20 bore Zoli "game" also, which is super soft shooting and looks / feels lovely - although you can tell the craftmanship is less involved than the Z extra ( chokes are much shorter also which is interesting) ..

prior to the Z-extra I tested out a few contenders:

• DT11 which was really lovely ( but out of budget)
  • F3 Blaser - which was also lovely ( but out of budget, and sounded strangely clattery upon closing)
  • 694 Beretta, which didnt really stand out in any way
  • Z Sport - which was lovely and very neutral handling. ( hence the Z extra purchase)
  • Ceasar Guerini Invictus1 ( my own gun that double discharged on me and had a very light trigger, but to be fair shot V well for me)
  • 682 beretta 28" that I still own - super reliable - but a little "dead" feeling - nothing stand out in the handling dept.
DT11 is probably the only gun that Id now change the Z extra for .. no real interest in a perazzi ( or budget for one)

Latest posts

Back