Zoli z gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoli are doing a lot of things right with marketing their guns, sponsoring major events, getting known shooters on board and advertising etc, but they have taken their eyes off the main ball a tad. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with their new gun in principal but the styling could be improved upon as can the price, you can't jump in the premium market with guns costing the same as Perazzi / DT11, Blaser proved that.

Handled one but not shot one. It didn't feel particularly good. There's better guns out there for less money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoli are doing a lot of things right with marketing their guns, sponsoring major events, getting known shooters on board and advertising etc, but they have taken their eyes off the main ball a tad. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with their new gun in principal but the styling could be improved upon as can the price, you can't jump in the premium market with guns costing the same as Perazzi / DT11, Blaser proved that.

Not a Blaser fan?

Not a Blaser fan?
I actually like almost all guns including Blaser, every make has good and bad points. The Blaser has an unbelievably easy opening action from new which Beretta / CG / etc could learn from but I would be loath to own one myself because I can't stand the flanged out barrel ends for instance, nor do I think the action looks appealing, but the wrongest wrong in their story is the absurd price tag. Do you know they even have one retailing for £12G ? :fie:

If it weren't called the Dragon they'd still be sat on the first batch. I handled a friends newly acquired high rib tricked out sporter just yesterday and it all felt good including the weight but worth £5500 ? I think not. 

Nice balance orrible looking. End of.

Blaser shotguns do not appear to hold their value very well over here at least.

A couple of people I know have had blasers, and shot em well, they shoot up to 20,000 shots a year and the guns just fell apart after 18 months or so. Hearing the same stories about the c, g , big money spent on advertising, crap product

One sold his straightaway the other gave up getting it fixed and moaning to the head honch in Germany. When you shoot as much completion shooting as he does the last thing you need is the gun breaking down every weekend then spend Monday morning on the phone trying to get it fixed for the following weekend

I had one on loan while my perazzi was in for a service. Wood feel is on par with a lanber...hollow/lightweight. The forend moved in my hand when breaking or shutting the gun. It shot ok,but just felt very cheaply made.

I can´t say much about Zoli because the very hard to find here and i don´t know anyone that has one. There is a dealer for them in Hannover but they don´t keep them in stock as there is no market/interest for them here.

Reading the comments here shows that not many people in England seem to know much about them either.The best that you can do is try to find a dealer who has a demo gun to shoot, make up your own mind and try to find someone who owns one for some helpfull advice.

All makes seem to have had or still have some problems at some time or anotherso go for a gun that suits you and where the dealer is not at the other end of the country.

@Hamster: 12000 Quid is a lot of money but you can give a lot more out for a custom made Blaser ...60-70000 no problem :eek:

Right here’s my opinion,

Perrazzi over priced and  suspect on quality i.e. barrels not crome lined, ill quantify that by stating 3 of  my mates shoot them and all have issues, i.e. misfires and the rib issue they are not the forever guns they would have you believe, you can rebuild them but at a premium cost.

Now on to the comparison with my gun, I shoot a Zoli z extra,32” multi sporter, same or similar balance, engineering top notch, and this is the kicker, I am a time served engineer in fabrication of steel components and highly qualified, now take this for the truth , soft soldered barrels aren,t nowhere near the strength of silver soldered ones which Zolis have, as for the triggers Zoli again superb and as good, wood better if  we were going into a  comparison say for a MX8 or MX12 for me the Zoli wins.

Edgar Bros  have got the brand now, and they are increasing in price but that is in the marketing, and fair play. Believe me a Perrazzi v my Zoli  without a doubt over the counter the Zoli, fits well and I will repeat in my opinion a superior product, unless you want to get into all the bells and whistles off fitting factory tours and a big cheque at the end of it.

For what its worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back