WMSG Hodnet Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entries so far for 40UP's extravaganza, David & Alan, Maurice & Kevin, Growl & Gunfire and the two dwarves Happy & Grumpy ( Daz & Pete) Eight I think is enough. So unless anything untoward crops up that is the starting line up. Friday 9th November WMSG 13.30 start. We will do the stands that anyone wants ( if available)expect to shoot a good few cartridges. Please confirm by personal message on here that is okay and you are available. Thank you, Salopian.

Number of clays will be dependant on your wallet contents, about 100-150 each dependant on time.

Maxum normally shoots about 200 an hour.
I only shoot the ones I can't hit?

Quick note just to confirm, yup good to go, I'll drive over straight from work, looking forward to it, cheers, Growl.

Hi all, so are we happy bunch of 8 going to have a bit of fodder after, I think the bear was suggested (is that the same bear that used to do the great medievil banquets?) how much moola are we looking at for 100 - 150 clays, having never shot at Hodnet before (I know - I need to get out more) I'm just looking for a guide as to how much to strafe the wifes account for! cheers all, see you Friday.... :wink:

Oh are they fibre or plastic, not an issue whichever, just to be sure what to bring really. ta.

I'm taking £200 cos Hodnet has a nice gun shop.

Plastic or fibre you can shoot both there no restrictions.

Clays plus food I would say about £60

Thanks Maxum, so if my gun really doesn't fit I can get one in the shop, brill, just need to decide how I can slip that under the wife radar and I'm away...

Try my wife's strategy, " I saw this and it was an absolute bargain, I would have been a fool not to snap it up."

Whether we go for food will depend on what time we finish and how many want to stop off before striking out for home. It is going to be a very informal day catering for what you would like to practice shooting and of course how many.

I don't think I'll be able to stop for food afterwards. I have to work a night shift on Friday night! :(

Very much looking forward to the shooting though.

Gunfire, No problem, I will be surprised if we go for a meal, because the others have a fair distance to travel home afterwards. It's just that dwarves use tremendous amounts of energy doing anything, so we often have to find a watering hole to re-energise.

I'm flexible with regard to food, coffee or 'man pop' but need to drive, so limit of one! I hear dwarves have massive constitutions though and can easily out-drink an elephant....

my bugbear clay seems to be a quatering high bird coming from my left soulder away and out to the right, they are a 'fluffy bunny' and no mistake! hope there is a stand like this avaiable on Friday, could do with some advice if there is some going begging? cheers all. Growl............. :smile:

Growl, that target is not a problem at Hodnet, we could start at the Pigeon stand.

Now don't be silly Maxum, you will struggle enough on most of the targets off the precipice especially stand 12, there are a combination of 4 evil clays there. I am sure Tom can find a 6oyard battue and if he knows it's you he'll put on a 70 yard battue on report.

Latest posts

Back