Why do we do it ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To settle the "argument", if you wake up in the morning - every day is a wonderful day - enjoy.

Phil*

We used to live in a rolled up newspaper in a septic tank at the bottom of the garden, we'd get up 2 hours before we went to bed, we'd eat rat poison for tea and when dad got home from work he'd murder us in cold blood and dance about on our graves singin hallelujah, you tell that to the kids of today, and they won't believe you!!! Couldn't resist a bit of monty python after that...

We do it because it is our sport, our passion, and an interest. It would be a poor do if we only went to work and then did nothing to relax when work was finished.

But probably the biggest reason we do it in all weathers and all conditions is because we cannot do it perfectly, we continually miss a target or two .

See how long you continue to do it once you are hitting 100% every time !

Picking up on Growl's post above about awful living standards and hardship. Have you noticed how many of us spend more money on clayshooting than we apparently earn??? That has always amazed my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going out in uncomfortable conditions that are way beyond what we get over here.

WRONG!!! Much, much nicer to go out in -30 and dry then lashing, constant rain, strong wind with a wind chill in the -0's...
Yes all different conditions and once you are used to what you have in your area live with it and adapt.

Only one this is when you cannot touch your pinky finger with your index finger then seriously think about your situation.

I've just started in this game, but to me it's a bit like when I used to play golf. 99 shots were apalling but there was always 1 that made me feel like Tiger Woods (minus the infidelity), and it was enough to bring me back the next week.

Same kind of thing with smashing a clay right in the middle - very satisfying. Difference for me is that I don't have to spoil a walk to shoot clay pigeons!

Latest posts

Back