What is your Discipline -Sporting/Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going to say sporting,

But having sampled skeet,  & OT

Id have to say anything goes

Mart

Sporting over Trap , but as someone once told me it does'nt matter where your standing ,be it a trap ,skeet ,helice ,compak or whatever layout it should be just you and the target regardless of your surrounds . But he was having a bit of a "Zen moment " at the time ................................but i think he was right !!

Suppose you dont shoot live quarry any different because your standing in the middle of a field rather than in the woods or a hide !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I shoot any discipline that's remotely interesting, doesn't consume an entire day of your life, where you can test yourself on more than one angle and where dropping a bird is the norm rather than a calamity.

I enjoy shooting any clays and there is still much that haven't tried yet.

I shoot 8 rounds of ESK, approx 4 rounds of ESP, 2 Rounds of DTL and 1 Round of ABT almost every week.

My weakest is ESP ( best is 75 ex 100, but have only been shooting 8 months and need the depth of knowledge on how to shoot certain targets, that can take a while to obtain), but I am drawn to ESK the most as I strive to perfect it (best is 97 ex 100).

Mainly trap DTL, ABT, OT, Southern on the door step works well

do enjoy a little straw bailer once a month as well.

Sporting, FITASC, skeet irregularly (practice only), some game ( the free to shoot stuff) lots of vermin (pigeon rabbit rat squirrell) oh and walking up with dog only she's a bit of an AWCS and scares everything before its in range.

Gloucestershire

Began with Sporting but now it's Skeet 99% of the time, happily devoid of any desire to execute the countries wildlife ! ...but each to their own. ( South East)
Nice to see I am not the only one who abhors killing anything living :nea:

Sporting but would like to try trap as find sporting a bit hit and miss excuse the pun just depends who set the targets I guess...

Sporting , Skeet , 5 Stand .

I am making myself shoot some Trap occasionally but its not really my kind of thing . I shoot Sporting and Skeet gun down and Trap just doesn't feel right because of the pre mounted gun .

Can I ask what Sportrap is , I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here and its not something I'm familiar with .

Ken

English Sporting and Compaq sporting and have done a bit of DTL at Bisley and a bit of skeet with Rob Eaton in a lesson. At my time of life its live and let live for the wildlife but happy to eat it it and for others to enjoy it.

English Sporting and Compaq sporting and have done a bit of DTL at Bisley and a bit of skeet with Rob Eaton in a lesson. At my time of life its live and let live for the wildlife but happy to eat it it and for others to enjoy it.
About as far south as you can get. Sporting, had a go at the other stuff, but I love fields,trees, bit a mud, you know. Don't like to think I would enjoy game shooting any more. But as others have said each to their own.

Shot a lot if skeet years ago, and still enjoy the odd round. Preferably a comp as it keeps you grinding for that perfect number. Am nearly all ESP now but again going to shoot a reg down the line for practice soon. Shoot a bit of game in the winter belong to a local shoot where we all chip in and do the work ourselves. Live in west Wales near tenby

Oxfordshire based,mainly shoot sporting with a little bit of sportrap,would do a lot more sportrap if local gronds put on registered shoots.

Lincolnshire and I shoot trap (DTL) and very occasionally skeet (mainly NSSA). I never shoot sporting, in fact i'd rather pull my own teeth out!

Dedicated hedge monkey, have shot dtl, abt and skeet and enjoyed all of it, even though I'm of outstanding mediocrity at all. Would like to try those whirly gig helice things one day.

Hampshire - mainly ESP, some FSP, some STR.  Sometimes practice with ESK and DTL, tried OT a few times (ouch!), but always prefer being a hedge monkey.  Will do Compak as it becomes more popular and grounds put it on more regularly.     :biggrin:

Back