Westfield - FITASC Sporting - 8th Dec - Review

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Decent day at Westfield yesterday - weather nowhere near as could as I had thought so the big coat stayed in the car all day, although the temperature dropped on the last parcours of the day.

Four good layouts as usual - I started on Valley with a 16 - the platform peg really taking it out of me, couldn't find the distant looper or the battue at all.  Then onto the Barn, which was full of big targets - peg 1 had a great simo pair which killed me - exactly as it was planned, I drew my eye from one target to the other and ended up missing both, and there were some big old battues and crossers from peg 3. I finished 15 there and figured I would be lucky to get 60 (especially after my last trip to Westfield).

After a break I too on the Wood layout - all amongst the trees, I made hard work of a 19 there - with an overhead going away causing me loads of problems on Peg 3 - I loved the hoop placed next to the 'pond', very interesting when one pair need a little footwork, and my boot got stuck in the mid (note - must lose weight).  My squad finished on the Top Field layout, with a few great tower birds including a couple of very satisfying crossers of a tower which I managed to hit. One peg had some interesting footwork and a lovely rabbit which I first barrelled in the single, and then missed by a country mile in the double.  I finished by straighting peg 3 there to finish with a good 20 - I was well pleased with that, to make a total of 70 for the day.  My squad had two 25's on that last layout - including Matt Hance who straighted it to win the day on 91 - very enjoyable to watch as well, great shotting all round.

Great to see so many ShootClayers there - and meet some new faces as well. At one point I think ShootClay had the 6 top places in d-class... which is great fun!

Looking forward to going back on the 12th Jan for the next one.

Yep great layout, I thought it was a smidge easier than last time, but failed to capitalize. Shot a 12 to start on Barn then had a horror show on peg 1 of wood missing both doubles, a raff pair of overheads I had minced in the singles and a dinner plate l-r with an edge on riser on report, also minced first barrel in singles. Came off there with 15 which should have been a 20.

Next up top field, where I got my first 20 parcour and finished on the stonking valley with 15 for 62. Shot my first ever straight hoop on peg 1 of valley so a few firsts for me and a generally felt a lot better.

Good to see Glen P over from Germany straighting his last parcour, the Barn, to take the clubhouse lead before news of Matt H's straight on top field filtered down the hill to win by 1 on 91.

An excellent Idea from Steve and Ally to run these to get more people interested in fitasc and good to chat with Matt Hance afterwards, the little nuggets you pick up over a brew that make you think, aha! doing that makes so much sense :)

I agree with you there Fuz the course did seem to shoot a tad steadier than the last one but still had to keep ontop of your game or they slipped away. Shot 17 on the barn that had some tricky ones the second double in particular on peg one, then on to the wood to finish on 19 which if I had sorted the B bird crosser on peg two in the double after hitting it in the single and peg three overhead bird could have been a 22 :???:  .

Then the top field and a 20 which again let a few slip away especially missing the driven and teal in the singles on the last peg only to smoke them in the double.

Then the " Valley" and my wheels came off shot a 12 to finish on 68 happy with score as first time out with new glasses from Ed Lyons and very happy with them just have to get used to them now.

All in all a great day great targets and welcome from Steve and Ally good laugh with the shootclay clan and looking forward to shooting with you all again in january :D      

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shoot - the Valley was definitely a tester, some very tricky targets, a poor 15 on there for me. 19s on the Woods and Top Field, and very pleased with a 20 on the barn. Ended on a 73 which I was fairly happy with, still letting too many get away though.

Wendy had a storming day, her second time at Fitasc, and ended on a 51, that's 31 more than last time. She started the day hoping to better her last score of 20, so anything over 21 would have pleased her. She carded an 18 on the first parcours and was over the moon, she's now a Fitasc convert and we can't wait for next weekend :)

Great to see so many ShootClay faces there.

Nice steady shoot,when you no you left a few out there?Glen shot his own gun for the fist time for 6 months?.He was so rusty, to be 1 away from winning must be better than winning,(in this case no money).Well done Glen.

Hi Elvis nice to see you again and meet Glen he shot a cracking score there and to straight the barn layout was some shooting well shot Glen

good to meet up again with the shootclay massive, some very tidy shooting from my fellow squad mates

great targets and lovely ground, from what people were saying the wood and top fields were not as testing as before and I should of made the most of it

the valley did me big time with a 9, missed most of the big stuff but a couple of targets on the end of the barrell i overled, poor performance [note to self change lense colour for pink targets]

lost a bit of concentration  on the barn but managed a 15 to claw something back from what could of been another single digit round so sort of happy with that layout

performance in a weird way, any tips on how not to stop the gun and measuring appreciated

so no major improvement from me in what can only be described as my longest slump since starting competition shooting, wont stop me from shooting the next one though :cool:

Thanks Steve and Ally and the Refs for a good day out, can you book me on for the next one please :)

Latest posts

Back