Tim Greenwood Gunsmith - gun fitting and more!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon a good test of fit was the steep away teal at Gunsite last time. I was right behind a decent A class guy who missed 3. Although he's usually deadly on crossing targets I could see he always off to the right on that teal. It was his usual gun, so either his mount was off tune or the fit was screwed.
My fit must be spot on as I dusted that stand for a straight :D although tbh my gun was shooting a bit high giving me dropping crosser problems :(

It's surprising how a straight shot like that can be missed when the gun is only a fraction off to the side. The break point must have been about 40yds so the pattern would be huge but maybe only the centre had enough pellets for an edge on going away.

I mashed all those too but of course my guns always fit me. :cool: Does that mean I'm pefectly formed? ;)

I have seen a few examples of Tim's work and have to say they are first class.

I spoke to him last January (2011) to try and arrange a date in March for me to go down for him to look at my fit, as it worked out he couldn't give me a date and finally asked for my number and said he would call me nearer the time. Still waiting now but to be fair it was only a basic job that needed doing (supply and fit a Jones Adjuster plus Kickeez but that wasn't recommended by him.

In the end I got a second hand but new Jones for £30 and a lightly used Kick-Eez for £16 of ebay and fitted it myself, it would have been nice to have used a workshop but removed the majority with a flap disk on the angle grinder then filed it to accurate, then, emery, wet and dry etc to finish.

Jon.

Got my adjustable plate for my danuser recoil system yesterday, off to Dads in the morning for a borrow of his bench grinder and various other power tools :D

It was only a matter of time.......the clay shooting magazine resident 'expert' couldn't stop himself.......as predicted.......a jones adjuster and a kick eez pad :.:

Funny how it seems to work though, isn't it?

When I cut a finger, I use a plaster - should I just let it bleed because plasters are so passé! :D If it's the right tool for the job, why not use it?

.........a spot of superglue in the right place an be a pretty good quick fix sometimes!!!

Evening all,

Having just received the gun back from Tim today i thought i'd better update the first two posts with more information, costings and pictures. Thanks for reading.

Nick

My what big hands you must have Nicky :.: Nice looking job Love the tiger stripes :D

Pictures of the finished gun:

post-293-0-68739500-1359573423.jpg

post-293-0-32376400-1359573468.jpg

post-293-0-57851800-1359573651.jpg

post-293-0-52736200-1359573674.jpg

post-293-0-21474800-1359573698.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg