Stippling on a stock.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

I picked up an old MK38 32'' trap the other day at a price I could not walk away from however there is no chequering to the stock or forend. As it is an old gun albeit is very good condition apart from an adjustable comb raiser (a job for me to sort) but after taking the gun on a perm yesterday to take a few pigeon and send out a few clays on the trap I keep there, grip was lacking.
I don't think I am inclined to have the gun chequered as that is going to be expensive (the pension......) so I was thinking about stippling but what do you use to get the effect. I had thought about using a sticky back grip of some sort as this gun will do the odd clay session and roost shooting so not on show with high quality guns on the rack at the shooting ground.
Any ideas chaps
Phil

I would get some estimates for having the gun chequered correctly, unless you particularly want 'stippling'. It may not be as expensive as you think.

Or buy a used set of chequering tools and learn a new skill. There are tutorials on Youtube. If you get good at it, you can supplement your allowance / stock of cartridges by touching up stocks for friends and fellow shooters.

Latest posts

Back