Tim Greenwood Gunsmith - gun fitting and more!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gun looks superb Nick. However, (do excuse me as I'm new to sporting) I appreciate that the ISIS II recoil reducer offers superior recoil reduction and is intended to reduce muzzle flip over and above the Jones adjuster. But the ISIS II recoil reducer is not fully adjustable like the Jones adjuster and surely when Tim fitted your gun to you the Jones adjuster was aligned in a way that the ISIS II recoil reducer on your gun now is not. Or am I missing something?

PS recoil system now market an ISIS fully adjustable recoil pad although I think I would be right to say it does not offer the superior recoil reduction offered by the ISIS II recoil reducer?

The adjustable green pad can go on the Isis recoil reducer.

Thx Nicola I didn't know that. However, Nick T's gun doesn't look like it has the adjustable green pad fitted to the ISIS II recoil reducer on his gun?

Garno,

You're right I no longer have an angled pad on the back of the stock: just a standard 11mm green pad. I haven't experienced any difficulty with the alignment since having the Green pad fitted.

Nick

Gun looks superb Nick. However, (do excuse me as I'm new to sporting) I appreciate that the ISIS II recoil reducer offers superior recoil reduction and is intended to reduce muzzle flip over and above the Jones adjuster. But the ISIS II recoil reducer is not fully adjustable like the Jones adjuster and surely when Tim fitted your gun to you the Jones adjuster was aligned in a way that the ISIS II recoil reducer on your gun now is not. Or am I missing something? PS recoil system now market an ISIS fully adjustable recoil pad although I think I would be right to say it does not offer the superior recoil reduction offered by the ISIS II recoil reducer?

The Jones Adjuster, has had its day.  It is heavy and is/was probably used much more often than was actually needed.

If you require such adjustment, the lighter ISIS adjustable pad, would be the way to go and the material it is made from, is more expensive than Aluminium.

Yes, I have the ISIS2 and Adjustable Pad...no I don't require much adjustment on the pad.

Both are excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back