Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw you in the car park and shot at a similar time. Much wiping of glasses today. A great course, not as easy at the RF 99 made it look! Enjoyed it, but I’m presently inconsistent in a silly way. I only missed two targets on my first pairs all day, but ended on 88. I’m trying too hard to keep the kills going and slowing up.  Need to chill out. 
Did see but you looked in conversation so didnt want to disturb. Back to the shoot, now I can cope with shooting not as well as Id like, been out in worse weather and put in much lower scores, the one bug I and possibly others in squad had was the antics of the following squad, obvs a mix of chaps and they didnt seem to get along with each other, shooting stand then catching us up in ones / twos to watch us shooting the stand, more than once getting between our squad in front of our next shooter to see targets over the chap in cage! 

Barbury for the Benelli auto shoot.  I get this gun out once a year and it shows!  Always takes me a few stands to get it right.  It was a fairly tough shoot I thought but interesting and clever.  A mixture of on report with full use of gun, 3 targets in the air at once, 3 targets all on report and a 5 single target stand with full use on each target. Was very pleased on that stand to hit the tower target first barrel!  Had a good squad which included Argun Ismet, a friend of ours. He won on 96 dropping 2 targets on the last stand and it was just poetry in motion watching him shoot. A worthy winner and a truly nice gentleman, couldn’t have been a nicer person to win and well deserved. 

AGL Masters today penultimate squad and a good one including George and Jamie and Jeremy Baker (who shot very well and won A class.  Managed to beat George on one stand, he wasn’t at his best today.  I seemed to hit some good ones but as always drop a few I should just be getting. Enjoyed the afternoon.

Brilliant job at the Benelli by my mate Argun. He shoots that semi better than his usual gun, I’ve said it for a while. His kebabs are mega too!

I thought that the AGL masters was a poor course. Loads of soppy easy stands mixed with a load of very tough stands. I was only 2 away after stand 7 then got a shock. Just weird and unsettling. OK, I absolutely screwed up one of the few “middle level” stands which really trashed my card. I then also died on one tough stand just because I did. So I look a plonker scores wise, but it wasn’t a good course. 

Ejchurchill this morning. Took a day off today, stretch the bank holiday out and took my first trip to ejchurchills, what a lovely ground. Really liked the look of this place. 

I tryed on my last 2 shoots a eye dominance patch on my glasses and after the last shoot decided to go back to not using one. Shot really well today and really enjoyed the shoot. Not sure when I'll next visit as it's a days holiday to go but I'll definitely visit the place again.

A few days off for us so travelled down yesterday and stayed over to shoot Ian Coley’s registered sporting.  Raining when we started but half way through came nice, started really well, first 7 stands only 6 away but then came a couple of not so nice stands!  Straightened stand 12 a sim pair of 10 targets and ended up on 82 which I was pleased with. Good targets all round.  Getting a bit of consistency now thankfully.  Great squad and plenty of people to chat with. 
Westfields tomorrow then home and the Cheddite on Sunday which is always a great shoot. 

Another at Coleys, last squad out, thankfully no trap breakdowns but did go through a few extra cartridges, despite a pleasing few stands one managed to make the shoot look tough, no more so on the aforementioned simos on St12, did not look a toughie, well until I tried it that was, a disaster / brain fart best describes the effort. The place had sold 155 places, felt more like 55 it was that quiet, on another thread someone mentioned the place has dropped off a bit, today it felt as such. 
HGun Josh Brown 99, stunning effort that

EJC for us as Tony was able to leave work very early.  It rained the first few stands.   Got 5/6 of my driven so that was pleasing but I’m still not hitting things I could before and so much orange today.  Enjoyed the company of my squad.  

EJC for us as Tony was able to leave work very early.  It rained the first few stands.   Got 5/6 of my driven so that was pleasing but I’m still not hitting things I could before and so much orange today.  Enjoyed the company of my squad.  
That orange in the Olympic area was almost invisible to me at 11am. Never hit it! The shoot had a tough middle I thought, where I ruined a card. Was trying my Perazzi with its adjustable comb for the first time, so while it felt great I am on a slight learning curve again..

Westfield this morning, to start the Jubilee weekend off nicely in the sun. Great to see some faces, including Donna from here and her hubby Phil.

A nice course, nothing too tough but a bias towards targets needing some lead, as it is Westfield. Really enjoyed it and just fumbled one or two on most stands, scraping a 90. (I suspect HG will be an enormous number).  I do need to keep the pressure on this lighter barrelled gun or I get behind. Cost me a few but the gun feels lovely to shoot and I’m happy to relearn my technique a bit. 

That orange in the Olympic area was almost invisible to me at 11am. Never hit it! The shoot had a tough middle I thought, where I ruined a card. Was trying my Perazzi with its adjustable comb for the first time, so while it felt great I am on a slight learning curve again..
That clay didn’t improve for most of us.  

Just back from Westfield, great shoot again, lovely weather and busy!  Shot with Argun and Ceyla and two others so a nice bunch.  Started on stand 1 then jumped to 4 as 2 & 3 really heaving. Done 8 stands and was only 10 down. I got so hot, had drunk all my drink and eaten my porridge oat bar (which I shared with a doggy) and felt a bit light headed and thirsty. Dropped 4 on stand 11, 4 on stand 2 and 4 on stand 3 (all the driven).
Stand 8 on the small platform (sim pairs of 10) had so many no birds it took forever to shoot (45 mins or so) but that was the only stand we had a no bird on I think so all in all a good shoot.  Was busy as I said and took about 3 3/4 hours to get round but enjoyed ourselves and bumped into lots of people and dogs so was nice. Bumped into Roger and Dee Ward who we’ve not seen for possibly 10 years or more so that was nice to catch up.  Ended up on  78 which is my best score there so far and shot some stands really well but annoyed at myself for the ending. Will be better prepared next time. 
As we left Argun and 1 other were on 96 and if you saw two of the dollies he missed 🙈🙊🙉 he will be kicking himself all the way home!  

Just seen results - 2 x 98’s😯👏👏

Cheddite today which is always a good shoot and a lovely long walk.  Weather was good.  Don’t know what I scored I put it in the bin without looking but it was truly awful.   It’s not cpsa so I didn’t  break any rules.  

Cheddite today which is always a good shoot and a lovely long walk.  Weather was good.  Don’t know what I scored I put it in the bin without looking but it was truly awful.   It’s not cpsa so I didn’t  break any rules.  
Shooting it tomorrow, looking forward to it as it's usually a good round. And only 30 minutes away.

Shot Cheddite today too. 1st time for me at Hunston Woods and really enjoyed it. Apart from stand 5 with the massive R-L crosser. Didn't see anyone on the previous 2 squads or mine get anywhere near it. Reckon the gun need to point into the next county to hit it. Finished up on 92, which is above my current CPSA average, so not complaining at that. Still making some silly mistakes here and there, but its given me areas to work on.

Think today had the best of the forecasted weather. Looks like anyone shooting on Sunday might need a canoe to get round. 

Cheddite for me tommorrow also, fortunate I live close enough I can hear the gunshot in the distance

A better day today, Redricks holding the Hertfordshire and Essex County shoot.  Weather was dull light but the rain held off.   I did well and it was a lovely feeling.  Second in Ladies to Hannah Gibson and second in B class by a clay - 83/100.  A good shoot from Mr Moss with good variation of targets.   I was very happy with a simo teal and battue 5 pairs.  I missed the first teal on first pair, missed the battue on second pair.  Changed myself and got the rest of the pairs.  Just one left to right blaze midi that I tried hard to see and get - managed one somehow.  I think my concentration was switched on today and I was more aware of my posture and preparation to shoot.  In any event it was a much needed boost.  

I made the extended journey up to Jet Hall for the selection shoot on Sunday. Scores looked low from Saturday but there was a much higher concentration of C/B/A shooters on Sat rather than Sunday, so it looked like it shot tougher. Actually, HG was the same both days.

I really enjoyed the course, some good honest gaps. 73 for me, which was 19 away from HG  😂

Honesberie this coming Sunday, and then we've got Redricks at the end of the month for the next selection shoot.

I made the extended journey up to Jet Hall for the selection shoot on Sunday. Scores looked low from Saturday but there was a much higher concentration of C/B/A shooters on Sat rather than Sunday, so it looked like it shot tougher. Actually, HG was the same both days.

I really enjoyed the course, some good honest gaps. 73 for me, which was 19 away from HG  😂

Honesberie this coming Sunday, and then we've got Redricks at the end of the month for the next selection shoot.
I've shot a fitasc and an esp of their's before when they were at Park Lodge, both were on the tougher side of things then, they like a stiff shoot. Always difficult to shoot well after a decent length journey, I drove 4 hours to the English and shot same day, really bad idea.

Oxfordshire, as it was on way home, and no I dont like working out of office on a Friday so it was a “treat” well as it transpired a treat of sorts. On tod and put with five others, bit quiet at first but we did have a slow get to know each other chat or three during shoot. Oxford is a small ground, looking very decent too, its 10 stands of ten & fibre only does not appeal to many, the former is looking to go up to 12 we hear, the latter part of a land use agreement and is looking more and more the way forward according to rumour mill. As for the shoot, will admit as an old bloke am not a fan of edgy incomers and it showed, shot half the stands as well as Id hoped and half I might as well just thrown empties from the bins one was that out of sorts, hence the “treat” was little of the sort🤪 Ones effort is best forgot, now do I go to Gunsite or Westfield Sunday 🤔

Back