Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird day at EJC esp reg shoot today. Lovely weather.

Targets were really different it felt, like a new course setter. HG was only 91, but that’s slightly down to a not huge AAA entry today maybe. Anyway, lots of fiddly edgey targets.

I had a bit of a shocker, missing a huge amount in the middle 6 stands.  A few stands I just couldn’t see why I was missing. I had my adjustable comb posts re fitted yesterday at a gunsmiths and despite using same spacers I realised too late today that my comb was a bit low and I was losing the rib on a few targets where I pushed my face down hard, so mystery over hopefully. Sorted for tomorrow at AGL..

I managed to straight the last three stands by not pushing face down hard, ending on 80.

Last edited by a moderator:
Churchills for me as well today. Agree that it felt a bit different, only two targets that I thought needed a biggish lead. Lots of stuff to shoot 'at' today as well - multiple teal / going aways. 

I can't say that I shot well today. Overthinking things resulting in lots of misses in the last pair or last couple of pairs. Frustrating as hell, I know that I can hit them but then start trying to make sure I don't miss, with the opposite result. Only stand I actually managed to straight was the first one.

74 isn't the end of the world, but it's another day of feeling like it should have been at least 6 more than that.

Targets were really different it felt, like a new course setter. HG was only 91, but that’s slightly down to a not huge AAA entry today maybe. Anyway, lots of fiddly edgey targets.

I had a bit of a shocker, missing a huge amount in the middle 6 stands.  A few stands I just couldn’t see why I was missing. I had my adjustable comb posts re fitted yesterday at a gunsmiths and despite using same spacers I realised too late today that my comb was a bit low and I was losing the rib on a few targets where I pushed my face down hard, so mystery over hopefully. Sorted for tomorrow at AGL..

I managed to straight the last three stands by not pushing face down hard, ending on 80.
Another at EJC, my they’ve spent / invested some serious amount of cash on the place since last there, shoot wise had a bit of a roller coaster day, as ever one missed a few too many of the  “steadier targets” then thinking / knowing “oh silly boy” as that’s going to hurt the card, oh and had a mare on two/three stands of edgy stuff which isn’t such a shock, did straight two when rest of squad of seriously decent shots mostly didn’t. It’s in me somewhere it’s getting it out is the job. 
Shot with Nick Portlock whose 91 was / ended joint HGun and no he didn’t think the 91 would hold, ‘twas a funny / harder shoot than it looked from outside the cage(s) 

Do you not have to hand score cards in at registered comps anymore?  Saw quite a few people I knew yesterday shooting the comp but their scores never appeared on Cpsa website and the same thing happened a few weeks ago at another shoot. 
Was at EJC today, noticed a name on “live scores” who does not appear on CPSA 🤔can only imagine member has opted to do so, thing is on live scores went Competition! Oh the ding dong that will ensue if the member “wins” 🙃

Was at EJC today, noticed a name on “live scores” who does not appear on CPSA 🤔can only imagine member has opted to do so, thing is on live scores went Competition! Oh the ding dong that will ensue if the member “wins” 🙃
Cards must be handed in. Separate matter as to ticking “privacy” on CPSA members page to stop scores showing publicly on the website. Nothing else changes. Averages are recorded and you can win shoots / classes whatever. 

Cards must be handed in. Separate matter as to ticking “privacy” on CPSA members page to stop scores showing publicly on the website. Nothing else changes. Averages are recorded and you can win shoots / classes whatever. 
It was the privacy bit, and not regarding missing scorecards which, and this is not about EJC / today does go on still Im told 

Rule 1.14 (d) - if privacy setting opted for, member can only enter as "have a go"  only not Comp not T/O no scores recorded nowt na-dah 

Thats how Im taking it?

It was the privacy bit, and not regarding missing scorecards which, and this is not about EJC / today does go on still Im told 

Rule 1.14 (d) - if privacy setting opted for, member can only enter as "have a go"  only not Comp not T/O no scores recorded nowt na-dah 

Thats how Im taking it?
Wow if that’s the rule I’m amazed. So how are privacy people gaining a classification, as they seem to be? All very odd. The CPSA told me that they can’t list finishing order against scores, as Private shooters would not show. So they are in the scores list. Again, odd. 

• I give you permission to share my details (name, membership number, date of birth, averages and classifications) with CPSA member clubs and grounds to administer shoots and competitions. This allows you to book, enter and compete in shoots. Please note that if we don’t have your permission to share your details in this way, that you will not be eligible to enter CPSA registered shoots [See Booklet 1 – rule 1.14 d]
  •  
  •  
  •  I give you permission to show my scores, averages, classifications and rankings online (membership number, name, scores, averages, classification and rankings).

There are two  privacy settings , one has to be ticked to enter a cpsa comp. The other is just to show your scores online.

I should tick the privacy box the way my scores are at the moment. 😂

AGL today felt like they were very much rehearsing course setting for the Masters shoot next month. Some very tasty targets indeed in the middle of the course. Live scoreboard at 15.20 showing just one soul breaking the 90 mark so far. 

I knew going into the last stand that I needed to miss one clay to cause a dropped score. I’ve never done that and still haven’t. Twit. 😁

I should tick the privacy box the way my scores are at the moment. 😂

AGL today felt like they were very much rehearsing course setting for the Masters shoot next month. Some very tasty targets indeed in the middle of the course. Live scoreboard at 15.20 showing just one soul breaking the 90 mark so far. 

I knew going into the last stand that I needed to miss one clay to cause a dropped score. I’ve never done that and still haven’t. Twit. 😁
I thought yours was a solid score yesterday Will! I consider that my home course and shot 3 stands yesterday I’d never seen before 😳

Yes I believe there was only one score over 90…..a superhuman effort in my opinion.

That wind…… 😳

Hangmans today and boy was it busy busy busy, couple of trap issues adding to the waiting times too. Saw the delightful MrsHoskins and later MrHewland, it was a day of seeing lots of people, seeing them often too as I bounced around the stands. Only one mare, st11 a l-r crosser and a far enough away l-r looper, yes a few others that maybe did get away, finished with a 7 in front so for me thats a 😀 day. Think Rich King 95 was HGun when I left, lots of scores still to come in mind

Hangmans today and boy was it busy busy busy, couple of trap issues adding to the waiting times too. Saw the delightful MrsHoskins and later MrHewland, it was a day of seeing lots of people, seeing them often too as I bounced around the stands. Only one mare, st11 a l-r crosser and a far enough away l-r looper, yes a few others that maybe did get away, finished with a 7 in front so for me thats a 😀 day. Think Rich King 95 was HGun when I left, lots of scores still to come in mind
Good targets but a big mess there today.  Limited to 170 entries but they let 210 shoot. And all starting by 12. Some clay issues too. I left with two stands to go. Took my mate 75 mins to do them. I’m sure Sean will sort it for next time having spoken to him. 

It was a different course setter   JP was elsewhere 

Barbury today for the registered ESP. A bit chilly, but a nice coffee and bacon roll in a great clubhouse to start with always helps. 

A few months ago, these shoots were a bit tame, then last month they went the other way and it was a bit brutal I thought. Today wasn’t easy but it was pitched just right IMO. Good variety of some long targets and technical.

I have sorted my comb height out (after a few issues) and it paid off fairly well today. Finished on a 92 which I’m happy enough with and finished =4th. A couple of daft misses in the middle of the shoot, but stands 2,3,4 were tricky and I managed to only miss one on each which propped me up. 

Sam Usher won on an amazing 98 which is superb. Wow.

Another at a rather too chilly (even for April) Barbury, stands 2 3 & 4 out towards the top field one really did feel cold whilst awaiting, regards to waiting, started 1.20 finished 3.05 thats 1hr45 mins for squad of six to shoot 100 ESP targets, flipping raced around compared to some shoots of late. Was steady enough of a challenge for I, yes as ever two or three silly misses and a few that it took me too long to find but found them I did ( well in the end ) Will add to the plaudits for Sam Ushers HGun 98, top drawer that, one of his clients ended on 96 to take 1st in AA, the boy knows his onions it seems.

If anyone needs practice at long targets head to chalk farms extreme sportrap on Tuesday afternoon/evening.  I consider myself an A class shooter with a 83% average and I hit 6x25

Honesbiere today. Really enjoyed the shoot this morning.

Looked like it could of rained at any point but it held off. 

Nice varied targets, real good mixture of easier to harder targets. 

Maybe stand 8 was a good SIM pair, one LtoR quartering towards you and the other crossing LtoR. Both kind of crossing paths with each other. Funny one to shoot, brain and eyes fighting against eachother which one to choose to shoot first.

The squad I was in were a good bunch. Really added to how much I enjoyed today.

Honesbiere today. Really enjoyed the shoot this morning.

Looked like it could of rained at any point but it held off. 

Nice varied targets, real good mixture of easier to harder targets. 

Maybe stand 8 was a good SIM pair, one LtoR quartering towards you and the other crossing LtoR. Both kind of crossing paths with each other. Funny one to shoot, brain and eyes fighting against eachother which one to choose to shoot first.

The squad I was in were a good bunch. Really added to how much I enjoyed today.
Yes a good shoot I thought. Stand 9 you are describing I think. 

Enjoyed it. Not an easy affair with a fair few challenging targets. I would say there wasn’t a very easy stand anywhere.

Failed to do anything spectacular, but just above my average so no complaints. 

Back