Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really enjoyed the shoot and the company. Freezing cold and wind. Even big boy ditched the shorts and was frozen. Cocked up two stands big time, one was just so hard, for a very average 76. Waited too long at broken rabbit stand and got frozen solid. So the rabbits were safe well 50% of them. Also got fed up with scorer on this stand calling shooters to shoot (25-30 waiting to shoot) and the shooters not hearing as too far away and making too much noise - idiots. Why aren't people more switched on.

you will never get down into A class shooting Horne.
Hopefully I have this correct Rosso, if I have not I apologise.

Were you the chap in the blue baseball cap who had a vocal rant at everyone for not getting to the stand quick enough?

Me and my team were waiting 45 minutes for the traps to be re-filled (no problem) then the rabbit trap broke. Finally Shoune was called to fix it, and yes, I was one to be called and dropped 4 of my 8 targets due to the wait and lack of concentration on my part. Plus I was frozen!

The poor young girl scoring was in need of some support also due to the moans and groans. As you were so close to the cage and scorer, with your buddies, why didn't you shout out the shooters names and next to shoot, instead of just throwing a tantrum. You made yourself look stupid.

But as I said, if it is not you Rosso I apologise.

Stew

Hopefully I have this correct Rosso, if I have not I apologise.

Were you the chap in the blue baseball cap who had a vocal rant at everyone for not getting to the stand quick enough?

Me and my team were waiting 45 minutes for the traps to be re-filled (no problem) then the rabbit trap broke. Finally Shoune was called to fix it, and yes, I was one to be called and dropped 4 of my 8 targets due to the wait and lack of concentration on my part. Plus I was frozen!

The poor young girl scoring was in need of some support also due to the moans and groans. As you were so close to the cage and scorer, with your buddies, why didn't you shout out the shooters names and next to shoot, instead of just throwing a tantrum. You made yourself look stupid.

But as I said, if it is not you Rosso I apologise.

Stew
She the poor young girl was fed up calling and no one coming, helpful that,

we did call down at least three times and the pillocks still did not come. They were about 30ft away from the scorer. As we were there so long we were unsure of the order, but at least we were in the right place, with there being about 25 waiting to shoot for at least 1/2 an hour  we could hear the scorer and did our best to call the shooters and you and your buddies still did not come, hence my frustration  / rant. It makes it hard work and you lot didn't help, who,s looking stupid now and yes it cost me three rabbits so thanks for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
we did three times and the pillocks still did not come. They were about 30ft away from the scorer. As we were there so long we were unsure of the order, but at least we were in the right place, with there being about 25 waiting to shoot for at least 1/2 an hour  we could here the scorer and did our best to call the shooters, hence my frustration  / rant. It makes it hard work and you lot didn't help, who,s looking stupid now.
I'm good looking stupid Rosso, ask the Amigos, the friends I shoot with. I do not mind you calling me stupid, but my friends are not pillocks!

Maybe you and your gang, being so close to the scorer, no one could hear her. With 25 people waiting to shoot in front of you, why stand directly behind the cage.

I am quite happy for you to discuss the problem with my stupidity at the next shoot we are both attending. Life is too short!

I apologise for any offence. Everyone was cold and fed up waiting.

We were somewhere in the  25 not at the end.

We simply stood there as no one else was.

we were not in the way and not making any noise and did call you and others to shoot. We did not badger the scorer but helped her as best we could.

If you wanted to say something you should have said something there and then, but no one did. I do not do retrospective bun fights and would gladly buy you all a coffee rather than have a row.

I'm good looking stupid Rosso, ask the Amigos, the friends I shoot with. I do not mind you calling me stupid, but my friends are not pillocks!

Maybe you and your gang, being so close to the scorer, no one could hear her. With 25 people waiting to shoot in front of you, why stand directly behind the cage.

I am quite happy for you to discuss the problem with my stupidity at the next shoot we are both attending. Life is too short!
I was part of the 'gang' and to be fair we were shouting out who was next but everyone seemed a bit fed up standing around in the cold.

I thought this would have been left at Gunsite.

I apologise for any offence. Everyone was cold and fed up waiting.

We were somewhere in the  25 not at the end.

We simply stood there as no one else was.

we were not in the way and not making any noise and did call you and others to shoot. We did not badger the scorer but helped her as best we could.

If you wanted to say something you should have said something there and then, but no one did. I do not do retrospective bun fights and would gladly buy you all a coffee rather than have a row.
Don't buy coffee rosso,queues we're a bloody nightmare there too!!

I was part of the 'gang' and to be fair we were shouting out who was next but everyone seemed a bit fed up standing around in the cold.

I thought this would have been left at Gunsite.
Yes maybe it should have been left at Gunsite Bisondan. But I was not the one who put it on the forum.

Rather than bitch at each other and name-call, why not just accept there was a breakdown?  It happens.  Get over yourselves.

I was bloody frozen solid at the rabbit stand, and missed two because of it.  Not because I shot in front of them, you understand...

PB today.  Happy bunny................  (see what I did there??)

Rather than bitch at each other and name-call, why not just accept there was a breakdown?  It happens.  Get over yourselves.

I was bloody frozen solid at the rabbit stand, and missed two because of it.  Not because I shot in front of them, you understand...

you shot very well I was watching picking up some tips.

I think you shot the rabbit stand just before I did.

I managed 7, missed one of the long ones.  I struggled a bit recently on rabbits, been moving the gun far too much, I didn't see lead on either of them today.  First one was almost dead-gun the 2nd was matching the speed of it with the gun, locking-on then pulling the trigger.

Shot Grange today which was not as tough as some have been there but I still managed to completely balls it up.  Having a bit of a problem at the moment and don't know why.  That done went to Garlands thinking well that's May Day over (seem to find it very hard).  Fortuitously found Martin Myers in the car park who allows me to rub him for luck and didn't do too badly at Garlands.

Your a sand bagging sod Tony Pewsey! But I love you all the same.

maybe you should stop in a layby before every shoot! Ha ha

well i quite like rosso.  and i quite like stew, But which one is right? there's only one way to find out!!!!!

FIGHT
wouldn't dream of it.

I'm a gentle quite sole. But he wouldn't stand a chance. The only way he would beat me is at shooting ( when he's not rushing to get into a stand ) but then I would wind him up again ?Joke do not take seriously? 

P.S I also have a giant minder?

I was with stew and all the boys today stuck at rabbit stand....Rosso I see why you got a monk on my friend but everyone was in the same boat and cold and fed up with waiting  but its not one persons fault and I thought your out burst was over the top !! This sport takes enough crap without us going at eachother.....

I was bloody froze and fed up and went in and missed them rabbits ..but ha ho I ended on 86 and its my fault ...not the bloke who was that bored he didnt relise he was on..

Love to you all

Poacher

Guys  none of my business so don't want to get involved 

what I will say is can be hard in those conditions 

took us 4 hours to shoot round but you got to deal with it 

think of those scorers who were out in it for 6 1/2 hours plus 

in those conditions I take my hat off to them out there In that so we 

can enjoy our sport 

put your efforts into shooting not arguing 

welll done Shaun and his staff 

97 high gun today what the rest of you pisssing about at ? ?

I was with stew and all the boys today stuck at rabbit stand....Rosso I see why you got a monk on my friend but everyone was in the same boat and cold and fed up with waiting  but its not one persons fault and I thought your out burst was over the top !! This sport takes enough crap without us going at eachother.....

I was bloody froze and fed up and went in and missed them rabbits ..but ha ho I ended on 86 and its my fault ...not the bloke who was that bored he didnt relise he was on..

Love to you all

Poacher
sort of what's happening on here then. 

How can you here your name called if your standing 30ft away talking. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back