Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That rabbit was simple if you took it the moment you saw it and just shot straight at it while it was a little further away. I watched 2 guys wait until it was directly ahead of the cage, pull the trigger and a tiny little hop from the bunny and it trickled off into the bushes unharmed. It was so close the pattern was still tight!
yeah I tried that on my 3rd attempt and still missed :)

That rabbit was simple if you took it the moment you saw it and just shot straight at it while it was a little further away. I watched 2 guys wait until it was directly ahead of the cage, pull the trigger and a tiny little hop from the bunny and it trickled off into the bushes unharmed. It was so close the pattern was still tight!
I shot right at them as they got to the tree and got all three but blinking well missed my last second bird as I shot too quickly for some unknown reason.  

I shot right at them as they got to the tree and got all three but blinking well missed my last second bird as I shot too quickly for some unknown reason.  
Unfortunately stand 12 was empty when I arrived as always good to be able to watch and see where others are taking it on before you jump in. Damn those pesky wabbits.

Unfortunately stand 12 was empty when I arrived as always good to be able to watch and see where others are taking it on before you jump in. Damn those pesky wabbits.
Yes I fortunately was able to watch Tony go first, the guys in front of us just left them too long and they bounced off and away.  Rabbits - I either obliterate them or let them run free same with teal.  The sim pair of teal for example, great start bang bang, bang bang, bang bang, bang miss miss miss????

Yes I fortunately was able to watch Tony go first, the guys in front of us just left them too long and they bounced off and away.  Rabbits - I either obliterate them or let them run free same with teal.  The sim pair of teal for example, great start bang bang, bang bang, bang bang, bang miss miss miss????
Which stand was that 5?

Nice score btw!

Which stand was that 5?

Nice score btw!
I actually can't remember the number but in the area before you get into the open field bit.  Thanks - was please with it although I kicked myself for about 5 of them lost but its all a learning experience.

grange farm sunday , I shot a s*****r     tough round I thought  , sim pairs fast and furious ,    c class looming   :baby:  
Me too! Went round on my tod, very late so no one really to watch. Started well (for me) 6 away after five stands...then the five sim LR crossers, hit 3! Megan Jones shot that extremely well, I couldn't work out what to do.

Shot some other stuff reasonably, then went down the end and managed 6 out of 26 on more LR stuff to finish on a very dispiriting 60, when an 80 I THOUGHT was on the cards...

Came away very unhappy with myself!

I actually can't remember the number but in the area before you get into the open field bit.  Thanks - was please with it although I kicked myself for about 5 of them lost but its all a learning experience.
I think that was 5. The tree branches were in the way to the left. It was thecstand before the battue. I got 9 on that one butvIt is annoying when you hit so many then drop the last pair. I think I relax too much thinking these are straightforward and you end up slowing your gun speed.

I think that was 5. The tree branches were in the way to the left. It was thecstand before the battue. I got 9 on that one butvIt is annoying when you hit so many then drop the last pair. I think I relax too much thinking these are straightforward and you end up slowing your gun speed.
I think I am guilty of that but I think in this case I was thinking God this is going good, just a few more aaaaah.

Well I just can't connect with four counties. I think it's become a mental block now. I dropped 6 very straightforward targets on the first two stands, then fell apart on the real toughie over the field. A pair of sim distant r-l crossers, 3/10! Shot most of the rest of it well enough, but damage was done. I can't blame the ground. It was tough but I should do better there. I will be surprised if HG is much above 93 (unless RF goes who is uncanny there). 

Did the mini compak shoot at Pirbright yesterday morning. Hit a 21ex25 and missed the super easy B bird by stopping the gun. Winner hit 22 so even more annoying.

Today I went to Four Counties. Seemed to do ok on the windy side dropping just 12 before I arrived at stand 7. Did not hit any of the high & fast L-R off the tower and dropped 1 of the other bird just because I was stretching to get a 4. Stand 11 was super tough as always - hit the first bird so was in the right area but could only manage to hit 1 more on a 5 pair stand :(

Finished on a 60 which was annoying after a decent start.

West London next Saturday. Hopefully they haven't (as rumour has it) gone totally the other way and made it super hard after last years soft shoot. Somewhere in between the two would be nice.

Had a nice morning at Weston Wood today.

Well done to Steve for putting on another testing shoot, I finished on 75 which was 11 targets better than last time.  Very very clever with how he sets targets with the speeds and angles.

Meadowcroft, went south of home due to having to drive north this evening, don't really want to go on same road twice in the day etc, since my last visit (2 months ago) there's been improvements on the ground / walkways which made getting around some of the ground no more a calf deep in mud affair, pleasantly managed some improvement myself, though I can still rue many a loss, 

when I left there wasn't any big scores up but there was a stellar list of AAA still out there and one does watch and never fail to be impressed by the way they shoot a stand 

did manage few words with quite a few shootclay bods sorry if I missed anyone

Shot Barrow today, pleased with how I shot what was a testing round. Ended up on 59, which was 1 short of my target but feel my progress since I had a lesson with Ed Solomons has been ridiculous, all I've done since lesson has been shoot registered and it has changed my shooting. Hopefully continue to see the progress over the summer.

Meadowcroft, went south of home due to having to drive north this evening, don't really want to go on same road twice in the day etc, since my last visit (2 months ago) there's been improvements on the ground / walkways which made getting around some of the ground no more a calf deep in mud affair, pleasantly managed some improvement myself, though I can still rue many a loss, 

when I left there wasn't any big scores up but there was a stellar list of AAA still out there and one does watch and never fail to be impressed by the way they shoot a stand 

did manage few words with quite a few shootclay bods sorry if I missed anyone
nice to see you there today rich, how did you get on in the end? I posted another pb today, so the lessons with mr nutbeam seem to be doing the job.

nice to see you there today rich, how did you get on in the end? I posted another pb today, so the lessons with mr nutbeam seem to be doing the job.
very well done bud, and to think you didn't get to grips with that Simo pair of left to rights what could have been! Had a brain fart on three stands, managed to get the upwards side of 60 which is an improvement so I'm also :) today, again well done you 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back