Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Longridge this am, with Bunter and joined by Wez Carnel of this parish, started on st1 straight through to 11 started badly, it chucked it down for half hour to drench us, finished badly with some ? in the middle, 72 which Im ? with Bunter with new F16 88 in B, do please bear in mind he was for years A & AA until back & knee problens, the scores when we left were nothing out of the ordinary and we saw lots of clays fly on unmolested. Left before 1 and 92 was winning, lots of superstars still shooting (& misding) 

Churchills thursday WestonWood sunday is plan A might see some of you 

Thats still an insane score for someone hovering between AA and A. HG and 3 clear of top AA score.
Massive credit due to him for yesterday. IMO Kenny has a bit of a weird shooting style and it relies on timing, which means he is a bit up and down scores wise, depending on how his day goes.. I watched him straight a stand yesterday and every shot looked lucky. 

Last edited by a moderator:
First visit down to Gloucester Clay Club this morning for a go at the 25 bird sportrap. Not great. 16/25 I think. 

I did, however, have my first go at a round of Skeet. Pleasantly surprised and only dropped a few. 

NY resolution is to shoot more Skeet and trap for practice. 

I digress... 

The next stop was to Longridge and a nice steady set of clays. I had a meltdown on the first 4 stands until I had a bit of an epiphany and realised that if I mounted the gun properly I can hit clays ?

Ive been used to wrapping my hand and body around guns that are a bit too short for me. Doing to the same on a gun with a properly fitted stock is not wise.

Ended on 73 which I’m not upset about as I straighted the firmer stands and it felt great. Happy to take the positives from that rather than dwelling on a score that’s lower than I’d like. 

Massive credit due to him for yesterday. IMO Kenny has a bit of a weird shooting style and it relies on timing, which means he is a bit up and down scores wise, depending on how his day goes.. I watched him straight a stand yesterday and every shot looked lucky. 
I think Kenny sometimes just doesn’t care after a while.  When he shoots sensibly he is very good.

Kenny Bennett is a great shot and one of the nicest guys on the clay shooting scene.

He shoots a Perazzi HPX RSR. I believe that the vision he gets with this rib, enables him to shoot all disciplines very fast, in Fitasc style.

Kenny Bennett is a great shot and one of the nicest guys on the clay shooting scene.

He shoots a Perazzi HPX RSR. I believe that the vision he gets with this rib, enables him to shoot all disciplines very fast, in Fitasc style.
I’d say he is more of a “decent” shot. Sunday was a case of every duck he ever met getting in a row.. ?

How anyone can shoot 98/100 and you can say he's lucky and has a weird shooting style is beyond me! For the record, Kenny shot 110/120 the next day at Southdown Gun Club. If you applied your shooting style to a FITASC comp which Kenny is known for, you'd be lucky to achieve 50/100 William. I think you should spend less time looking for criticisms and more time learning from better shooters!

And as a side note, When other shooters are shooting would you mind not taking so loud, even the ref had to ask you to stop twice. I think thats basic good manners!

How anyone can shoot 98/100 and you can say he's lucky and has a weird shooting style is beyond me! For the record, Kenny shot 110/120 the next day at Southdown Gun Club. If you applied your shooting style to a FITASC comp which Kenny is known for, you'd be lucky to achieve 50/100 William. I think you should spend less time looking for criticisms and more time learning from better shooters!

And as a side note, When other shooters are shooting would you mind not taking so loud, even the ref had to ask you to stop twice. I think thats basic good manners!
I think I’m allowed an opinion Chris.. that’s a forum for you. And my FSP average is 84 I think, a tad above 50. I managed a lucky 89 at Southdown FSP last year too.. how’s yours going? 

Yes this one may be a massive one. (I'm talking about the thread, not CMSC of course..)

Yes this one may be a massive one. (I'm talking about the thread, not CMSC of course..)
 How pathetic and childish! ( I’m talking about William Hewland, not everyone else of course..)

Pathetic and childish 

Last edited:

Except he didn't did he  :rolleyes:  selectively pick a single word from a sentence and ignore the CONTEXT is what you've done I'm afraid. It is entirely possible for someone to be a decent shot and beat Great people on occasion (I've done it meself often enough), no of course it wasn't luck on any of those occasions but the stars do have to line up a tad, that's all Will has said, also have to agree that it almost seems like you joined the site to get that off your chest. 

Does he have a stutter?

44 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

How pathetic and childish! ( I’m talking about William Hewland, not everyone else of course..)

Pathetic and childish 

Does he have a stutter?

What I’m saying is this:

I shot with Kenny on both days. Nothing lucky about it. Will watched Kenny straight one stand and makes them comments. No need for any criticism when any shooter achieves a lifetime best and let’s be honest here, a score many of us will never achieve let alone as a veteran shooter!  

If you want to stick to your opinion Will because it’s a forum then go ahead. But my opinion is you should be ashamed of those comments and   apologise. There is no places for them if we want our sport to grow!

What I’m saying is this:

I shot with Kenny on both days. Nothing lucky about it. Will watched Kenny straight one stand and makes them comments. No need for any criticism when any shooter achieves a lifetime best and let’s be honest here, a score many of us will never achieve let alone as a veteran shooter!  

If you want to stick to your opinion Will because it’s a forum then go ahead. But my opinion is you should be ashamed of those comments and   apologise. There is no places for them if we want our sport to grow!
As Hamid pointed out, my comments weren't rude, they were observational about a shooting style. A subtlety lost on you obviously, in your constant search for confrontation. I will try not to spill your pint.

As Hamid pointed out, my comments weren't rude, they were observational about a shooting style. A subtlety lost on you obviously, in your constant search for confrontation. I will try not to spill your pint.
That would never happen Will as I don’t drink in Gay Bars! 

Chris - I'm more than happy to ban you from the site... you've made 4 posts in your return, which have all been confrontational.   You blocked me on Facebook around the time you had your massive confrontation with a rusty Browning. So it's no skin off my nose if you want to leave here as well. 

And with that, I think readers have now just gleaned enough about you Chris for this little to and fro to reach a conclusion, from me at least. You are probably as close to being excluded from this forum as you are from many shooting grounds.. Over and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back