Shooting Today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optima

Well did anyone acctually venture out and shoot today, i chickened out myself,weather here was horendous, though it,s settled a bit now. If anyone braved it how did you get on,??? i know St Dials shooting ground (monmouth) was hosting a FITASC welsh qualifier,

Not me.

I wanted to and while the rain has seemed to settle, the wind has been, well let's say 'blustery'!!

I chickened out too.

Bit of a belter really because I was originally booked for reffing at Westfield but with that cancelled I was hoping for something less horrendous. It's cold, wet and windy round these parts.

I can deal with any 2 out of those but not all 3.

Nope, didn't get out today as the Berkshire County FITASC was cancelled due to the weather and danger of falling trees.

Now have withdrawal...

Jon.

I chickened out too.

Bit of a belter really because I was originally booked for reffing at Westfield but with that cancelled I was hoping for something less horrendous. It's cold, wet and windy round these parts.

I can deal with any 2 out of those but not all 3.
Yes i think steve and Ally made the right decision there

Nope, still blowing a gale here and lashing down. I stand by my decision to retire to the local hostelry for beer and tapas :D

We've had at least an inch of sideways rain here in mid Lincs.

I was doing a charity shoot,I'm sorry but not in that weather.

They won't have had many customers so I hope they repeat it.

I'll have to call a friend of mine to see if he's dried out,he was down to shoot the FITASC at Grimsthorpe!!

Vic.

I venured out with my mate Phil Smith, left home at 7.30, horrendous conditions, got to wyle valley (several cars smashed along the way, trees down on the road), had a nice breakfast and chat with Ian. Ventured out and shot an 88 which was leading when I left. Phil Smith 84 and Micky Rouse 86, Jez Towell 83.

Went up the road to Upavon, had lunch and shot again in the rain. Shot a 90 which was first in AA, overall HG was 93. All in all I enjoyed the day out. Very wet and windy - kept our glasses on all day (could have done with some wipers!). Last 2 stands got a bit of a chore but got there in the end.

Both shoots very low turnouts which considering the conditions isn't that surprising.

Steve

Not me either.

I was hoping to do either Doveridge or Kegworth to put what (I hope) I learned at Thursdays Masterclass into action, but its just too miserable to venture out.

Looks like a whole week in the red zone!

power cut ,trees down on the line in my woods, tiles off the roof, chickens flattened in coop by tree overnigt its been a ffuffing geat day!!!

I was shooting at The Cotswold Clay club at Farmington Quarry.

Managed 50 and headed back in.

Lovely people and from what we saw great targets.

I too was a victim of the cancelled FITASC at Four Counties - stayed at home, and then went ti the Cinema when in calmed down at about 3.

Saw the Avengers Assemble movie - really good action movie which brightened up a dul day for me and my son.

Stayed in cooked a roast for the family - actually weve got blue sky at the moment

pointless shooting in that weather earlier - having the correct clothes is no problem but with rain all over the glasses it becomes more of a poke and hope

I venured out with my mate Phil Smith, left home at 7.30, horrendous conditions, got to wyle valley (several cars smashed along the way, trees down on the road), had a nice breakfast and chat with Ian. Ventured out and shot an 88 which was leading when I left. Phil Smith 84 and Micky Rouse 86, Jez Towell 83.

Went up the road to Upavon, had lunch and shot again in the rain. Shot a 90 which was first in AA, overall HG was 93. All in all I enjoyed the day out. Very wet and windy - kept our glasses on all day (could have done with some wipers!). Last 2 stands got a bit of a chore but got there in the end.

Both shoots very low turnouts which considering the conditions isn't that surprising.

Steve
Breakfast and Lunch !!! well shot in those conditions Steven, surley your going to try the England qualifiers now??? lucky for some though as had to work 12hr nights :cry: still stopped the Krieghoff rusting .

Well shot steve. Great in that sort of weather. Who shot the 93?

I went to the Isle of Wight Gun Club for the DTL County Championship (100 reg). I was amazed anyone turned up at all but there was 2 full squads! I shot my best score since returning to shooting 95/275 and ended up being High Gun!

Apparently it's the first time a 'Lady' has won the county championship!

Glad I made the effort!

:D

Latest posts

Back