Shooting Holiday - Spain? Cyprus?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnasher

I'm keen to take a weeks holiday in July and spend it shooting. Planning to go with my husband and a couple of other friends. They aren't interested in competition so any European championships are out of contention (this year anyway).

I see there is an advert for The Pines, in Northern Spain on Shootclay.  Anyone been there?  Or can anyone recommend anywhere in Cyprus?

(I was thinking Florida but I think I'll save that for the World Sporting next year)

Hi Guys - I am Dave the owner of The Pines Clay Shooting Club - Riba Roja D'Ebre - Tarragona - Spain.

We would like to welcome you and tell you about our beautiful ground. We are located in the mountains above Riba Roja and only 5 minutes drive away is the River Ebro. We have Barcelona available by train from our village and the coast of Salou is only 1 - hour's drive. We have here nearly 100 acres of ground and have set - up 3 Compak layouts, Skeet, ABT and a valley of 17 stands of Sporting. We have installed 64 - Promatic Auto Traps and all are remote controlled. We welcome new shooters, intermediates and experienced top shot's and we have the set - up for everyone to enjoy. On the 25th May we are holding our first big competition - The Catalunia Championship and this is great for us as we have only been open 1 - year. Come over and visit us, stay in our local approved - Riverside Chalets, go fishing, go touring, go sightseeing and go shopping but first come shooting with us and enjoy. Tel - 0034 677829335 - email - [email protected]

I'll chip in for Cyprus.

There are 5 major shooting clubs on Cyprus.

They are:

1. Paralimni - East end of the Island, Small Club next to a Salt Lake, Mosquito Central in the Summer Time. Skeet, Trap, Compak & Fitasc.

2. Paphos - West end of the Island. Small club, nice location. Skeet, Compak & FITASC.

3. Nicosia - Centre of the Island. Large Club, Oylimpic Standard Trap & Skeet layouts, Usually at least 3 Compak Layouts and 5 Sporting Layouts open.

4. Larnaca - South Coast. Large Club, only been open 2 years. Oylimpic Standard Trap & Skeet layouts, Usually at least 3 Compak Layouts and 8 Sporting Layouts open.

5. Limassol - South Coast. Large Club. Trap & 3 Skeet layouts, Usually at least 3 Compak Layouts and 5 Sporting Layouts open. This is where the FITASC European Championship will be held in May/June.

There are also a couple of good private clubs which do not host the CSSF registered shoots but have their own competitions, these are:

1. The Beretta Club - On the way up the Troodos Mountains, usually a bit cooler in July than the other clubs. 2 Skeet layout, 1 Trap layout and 5 Compak Layouts.

2. The Scrapyard. Near Nicosia.  I don't know the official name of this club but that is what everyone refers to it as.  FITASC/Compak style layouts.

If you base yourselves in Limassol then the furthest ground would be Paralimni, about a 50 min drive.

The competition calander for July is:

5th July - Double Trap - Liamssol.

12-13th July - Trap - Limassol.

12-13th July - Skeet - Paphos.

20th Ju;y - Compak - Paralimni.

27th July - FITASC - Liamssol.

A round of 25 is €3.5-5 and a box of cartridges €6-10 depnding on brand.

Regards,

Les Kerr

I'll chip in for Cyprus.

There are 5 major shooting clubs on Cyprus.

They are:
1. Paralimni - East end of the Island, Small Club next to a Salt Lake, Mosquito Central in the Summer Time. Skeet, Trap, Compak & Fitasc.
2. Paphos - West end of the Island. Small club, nice location. Skeet, Compak & FITASC.
3. Nicosia - Centre of the Island. Large Club, Oylimpic Standard Trap & Skeet layouts, Usually at least 3 Compak Layouts and 5 Sporting Layouts open.
4. Larnaca - South Coast. Large Club, only been open 2 years. Oylimpic Standard Trap & Skeet layouts, Usually at least 3 Compak Layouts and 8 Sporting Layouts open.
5. Limassol - South Coast. Large Club. Trap & 3 Skeet layouts, Usually at least 3 Compak Layouts and 5 Sporting Layouts open. This is where the FITASC European Championship will be held in May/June.

There are also a couple of good private clubs which do not host the CSSF registered shoots but have their own competitions, these are:
1. The Beretta Club - On the way up the Troodos Mountains, usually a bit cooler in July than the other clubs. 2 Skeet layout, 1 Trap layout and 5 Compak Layouts.
2. The Scrapyard. Near Nicosia.  I don't know the official name of this club but that is what everyone refers to it as.  FITASC/Compak style layouts.

If you base yourselves in Limassol then the furthest ground would be Paralimni, about a 50 min drive.

The competition calander for July is:
5th July - Double Trap - Liamssol.
12-13th July - Trap - Limassol.
12-13th July - Skeet - Paphos.
20th Ju;y - Compak - Paralimni.
27th July - FITASC - Liamssol.

A round of 25 is €3.5-5 and a box of cartridges €6-10 depnding on brand.

Regards,

Les Kerr

Hi Les,
I heard that the new Larnaca range was shutting! any truth in this?
I shot last years Cyprus GP there and thought it was a good club.

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

No way ;) its a very good club and took years to get approvals for building. Its much better than Nicosia in terms of equipment, ranges etc... The only disadvantage is the scenery. Not many trees or grass etc...but a lot of competitions are taking place there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jake,

Sorry about the delay in responding, I was asking around to see if anyone here had heard anything.

The answer is no, there is currently no threat to shut down the gun club.

The Bar/Restaurant has just been taken over by a new company but that is it.

Les.

Last edited by a moderator:
we use the O'Pinhal shooting ground in the algarve which offers a good mix of disciplines and is around 20 minutes from the 30 or so villa's that my wife's business acts as an agent for http://www.algarvevillaowners.com/   If you want a lazy morning around the pool or a swim on the beach before going off to shoot then take a peek..... heated pools, maid service and all close to town / beach  :) and not silly expensive either !

Latest posts

Back