RBSS Friday 7th March forum meet up .....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mate has just booked a big group for Sat 22nd Feb. They are making him start at 8am! That's the middle of the night. Wise choice for a Friday Lee! (I hope).

Evening Will

I've spoken to RBSS today, there's room for us all on Friday 7th...
Now the difficult bit...... It's teams of 6... who wants to shoot with who and what times would you all want to shoot...
How do I work all that out?
I'm loving that so many are joining me and it will be a great day, I will shoot 10:30 and 14:00
In the morning they have every half hour slots starting at 08:00 then afternoon it's every hour slots.......
If there's no worries of who shoots with who I can book 6 at 10:30 and 6 at 11:00 & 6 at 11:30
Then 6 at 14:00 ?
Would this work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Also for the shooters that want to shoot it twice please speak up......!?

OK - I'm going to remove myself from the list - now that I';m planning to shoot Compak in France that weekend... it's not going to work timing wise. 

I wish you all much fun and I hope we can get a good set of pics from the meet-up. 

Tell you what - as I've been a pain - I'll make it up to you with a small prize.

ShootClay member with the highest score relative to their CPSA current average can have a Polo Shirt and a Hat from ShootClay. 

Lee, can they not run concurrent squads? Two groups of 6 out at once, but starting half the course apart? Maybe they think everybody needs to start on stand 1 but that's not how the instructors always do it? At least that allows more time for everybody to have a cuppa together in clubhouse..

As for me, happy to shoot any of the morning slots and with whoever will have me. You may just have to do your best putting squads together. 

Cheers,

Will

So far we have 8 definite and a few maybe's.

I'd be happy for a 10.30 or 11.00 start, and shoot once.

More names!

So far we have 8 definite and a few maybe's.

I'd be happy for a 10.30 or 11.00 start, and shoot once.

More names!
That sounds a sensible start time give me chance to get there ! count me in and shoot once 

Speaking of getting there I hope the water goes down abit before then as I seem to remember that when driving there the main road goes alongside the Thames once I come off the M4 can anyone advise if this is still the route in to the ground or is there another way to avoid the floods ???? 

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds a sensible start time give me chance to get there ! count me in and shoot once 

Speaking of getting there I hope the water goes down abit before then as I seem to remember that when driving there the main road goes alongside the Thames once I come off the M4 can anyone advise if this is still the route in to the ground or is there another way to avoid the floods ????
The Thames is high, but the road is higher, it's fine. :)

Gareth you could come of the M4 at Chievely head north on th A34 exit Harwell/Didcot just over the hill down past the atomic energy place and take the Wantage/Reading road which will bring you in the Goring side of Pangbourne.

Great result and there will be two teams of 6, one team at start of 10:30 and 2nd at 11:00
If we could all meet at 09:45 at ground for catch up and coffee and the 11:00 starts then after may-be we could all have a further coffee and chat over the course, so we all should be finished around 12:30-13:00 to make are way home :)

Regards to the teams of 6 and times, I will confirm with my manager ( Mr Tony ) and will post Monday on here....
I've 3 non forum members joining us to make up the 12.... My dad being one, and a best friend Robert Wainwright who a lot of you see me with most weeks at CPSA reg shoots ..... The 3rd person could be a special guest (just waiting on a I'm in reply) if not it will be a friend in farming.. All very nice gentleman and I'm sure we all will have a great day....

Lee

Regards to the teams of 6 and times, I will confirm with my manager ( Mr Tony ) and will post Monday on here....

I've 3 non forum members joining us to make up the 12.... My dad being one, and a best friend Robert Wainwright who a lot of you see me with most weeks at CPSA reg shoots ..... The 3rd person could be a special guest (just waiting on a I'm in reply) if not it will be a friend in farming.. All very nice gentleman and I'm sure we all will have a great day....

Lee

Spot on Lee. It's actually a failure to have a zillion folks. Personally, my heart sinks when ther are 20 at dinner. Pointless! You can't all chat. 12 is spot on. ;)

Yea I'm happy with 12 and just like you said its a much better chance to chat and to relax, looking forward to this day as for the shooting side ...
My age side not so looking forward to......

Looking forward to this, I hope no one will mind my cordless electric choke changer,I like to have a good look at the targets from as close to the shooting position as possible, then decide on the correct choke.I regularly change my mind as the shooter ahead of me is shooting their last pair,its fairly quiet unless one gets stuck and the impact action kicks in.

Latest posts

Back